• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
A face shield w/o a facemask does almost nothing

I know, though the reason I brought up face masks is because some people can't wear masks due to them having a legitimate medical condition.

IMO, people who claim that should present evidence of a medical documentation like a handwritten note from a nurse or doctor, because some people will use that as an excuse to get out of wearing masks publicly.

Something that I've found myself getting even madder about; people wearing a mask but with their nose sticking out. I'd rather them just walking around with nothing. Shit triggers me hard and I don't know why.

That annoys me too. You also have to keep your nose covered when wearing a mask, otherwise it doesn't work.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Where I live in the UK no one wears them outdoors at all, people only seem to wear them inside a shop, thankfully I get all my food delivered so I stay indoors pretty much 24/7 and judging by how bad things are here in the UK I'm glad I don't go out anywhere.

To answer the question OP no you are not unreasonable at all the fact is so many people are still not taking the virus serious despite the large amount of deaths.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
888.jpg

But unironically.

There are more infections strains and vaccinations are a mess. You're not hysterical about having a mask. Everyone else should be.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
You're a mutant. Just like the X-men. You have this superpower called "believing in things the eye can't see".

Turns out most non-mutants don't have that superpower. You can't blame them for being confused and not understanding how masks work.

Soooo...how does it feel to have superpowers?

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
If someone without a mask comes near me, they get the death stare. If it doesn't work I'll ask them for more space.
I know that's a pretty weak response but I'm a very quiet and anxious person lol.

Mar 3, 2019
I tell people off in public to varying levels of success. My gf says I'm too blunt sometimes, but that stuff gets me so mad, especially when cops roll up without masks inside

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I was at the grocery store last week, and despite having a strong craving for their fried chicken, I decided to forgo it as when I went to get a box, I saw some middle-aged, blonde, white lady standing there, her mask pulled all the way down, leaning in and touching every single container. I know it's improbably to contract it from food containers, but I just didn't want to deal with even the minimal risk from such a repugnant creature. (And yes, I know it's likely there were at least a few other people doing the same thing while I wasn't watching.)

Oct 28, 2017
You will get one of three responses from me if you come near me without a mask indoors and I'm real nasty about it. I have parents that have pre-existing conditions that I have to do some food shopping for and pick up prescriptions for that are in high risk categories. I'm not playing when it comes to them. The three responses are depending on the situation:
1. Get the fuck away from me without a mask you selfish asshole.
2. Put your fucking mask on.
3. Cover your fucking nose. You breathe out of that too.

We are almost a year in now. There is no excuse. Thankfully it has been infrequent, but there are always a few.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I shouted at my neigbour when he was talking to people in the flat corridor, without a mask. "Would you mind wearing a mask when you're talking to people?".. in quite a nasty voice, honestly. He walked off and said nothing.

I hate it when you go super market and people rip off their masks right in front of the door, when they leave.. can't you fucking wait until your shopping is home, or you're in your car?

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Something that I've found myself getting even madder about; people wearing a mask but with their nose sticking out. I'd rather them just walking around with nothing. Shit triggers me hard and I don't know why.

Ugh I know, it irritates me so badly!
Saw this today, some old guy with his nose stuck out of his mask and walking the wrong way down marked aisles. Pretty sure he was doing it to be an ass since I noticed him going the wrong way down several aisles.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Nah, I work at a grocery store. Those fucks know not to talk to me since I just fucking glare at them. Wish my store was more strict about it. Always the same white thrash.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I work in retail. I have had to call the police a few times. I've kicked out about 20 something people from my store.

Absolutely get mad when someone doesn't wear a mask. It was bullshit 100 years ago, it's bullshit now.

My two best friends got Covid last week, both work retail as well. They would have been safer if people would just wear masks.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Bro we got a very large amount of people who believe in satanic child devouring cabals on top of anti maskers and neither will be going away, you can NOT be stressing like that

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not unreasonable to get mad. I'm immunocompromised and I have asthma, so I'm justifiably very upset when people aren't wearing masks or social distancing.

A lot of people don't seem to get what 5 to 6 feet away is for social distancing either. If you're not at least the length of my walking cane away and wearing a mask, you're too damn close.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
I work retail for a company with a mask policy they don't enforce, in a state where it's nominally illegal to go maskless in public. I have such visceral contempt for the ignorant smug-ass egotistical dipshits who refuse that I fear I'll have some sort of PTSD when this is over and it's normal not to wear them again. Absolute scum of the earth.

Cookie Juice

Sep 14, 2020
I was working the last few month in 3 different European countries and I'm fucking mad about one special country.

I worked for a month in Italy: almost everyone wears a mask. Good job Italiens! Was a pleasure and just felt good for all to pull together to fight the virus.

Switzerland: most people wear masks in crowded places but much less the Italy. Got upset a few times about the ignorant.

Sweden: fucking assholes! They act as if everything is normal. Pandemic? What is it? Masks? Nope. I'm here for over a month and I think I haven't see anyone wear a mask yet! I'm furious. Nice county, but I'm happy when I can be around more reasonable people again.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish people who even put it under their nose would immediately fear who's gonna deck them in the next 15 seconds, so no, not unreasonable. Tired of these pieces of shit.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Of course not. Those people are not only endangering YOUR health/life, but by proxy everyone you possibly come to contact with afterwards, stranger & loved ones alike.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
I work retail for a company with a mask policy they don't enforce, in a state where it's nominally illegal to go maskless in public. I have such visceral contempt for the ignorant smug-ass egotistical dipshits who refuse that I fear I'll have some sort of PTSD when this is over and it's normal not to wear them again. Absolute scum of the earth.

This is me as well. Honestly though, at this point i am kinda starting to feel bad about myself not doing ENOUGH to detract these assholes from doing what they do. I mean... i sometimes report them and/or tell them off, but at other times i do NOT because it just takes so much energy out of me that i feel exhausted afterwards and i can tell it physically impacts my wellbeing by now. I tell myself if they infect someone with their behavior, and that person dies, then that's on THEM for not wearing that mask. But isn't it on ME too? I could have said something to them that might have made the difference but chose NOT to for selfish reasons.... So aren't we all kinda complicit in this by ignoring these dipshits for too long as well?

At the end of the day, none of us come out of this clean, do we?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
This is me as well. Honestly though, at this point i am kinda starting to feel bad about myself not doing ENOUGH to detract these assholes from doing what they do. I mean... i sometimes report them and/or tell them off, but at other times i do NOT because it just takes so much energy out of me that i feel exhausted afterwards and i can tell it physically impacts my wellbeing by now. I tell myself if they infect someone with their behavior, and that person dies, then that's on THEM for not wearing that mask. But isn't it on ME too? I could have said something to them that might have made the difference but chose NOT to for selfish reasons.... So aren't we all kinda complicit in this by ignoring these dipshits for too long as well?

At the end of the day, none of us come out of this clean, do we?
You're not as bad as them. You hear stories about violence breaking out because someone refuses to wear a mask.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
no its fine - but it doesn't change them so?

The more they don't wear masks, the longer this shitshow drags on, and the longer those types of people ignore the rules even more as though the world revolves aroudn them and they're special and therefore don't need to follow the rules.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
I was driving down a busy road tonight with a bunch of restaurants in Toledo Ohio and the parking lots were freaking packed. I was actually trembling with anger I wanted to go full Batman on everybody in those restaurants and give them beatings but no deaths.

I just cannot understand why people have to go out to some stupid ass chain restaurant when there's no way that people in there are safe because everyone has to take off their mask to eat!

I'm not going to go myself but I can at least understand allowing outdoor dining because restaurants are hurting but indoor dining in the middle of the winter with no open windows or doors for ventilation is literally Russian roulette just to go eat at Texas Roadhouse?

I'm 42 years old and I've never been more convinced that the idiocracy is upon us. May science save us all!

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I think is it worth getting so angry about it, but I can't help it. Nearly a whole year into the pandemic, things are only barely getting better as the vaccination progamme gets under way, there are people are still refusing to wear a mask, social distancing has basically vanished etc. Am I just being hysterical? Cos it makes me real pissed off.
I'm with you. We are seeing millions die because of the stupidity of others.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
I was driving down a busy road tonight with a bunch of restaurants in Toledo Ohio and the parking lots were freaking packed. I was actually trembling with anger I wanted to go full Batman on everybody in those restaurants and give them beatings but no deaths.

I just cannot understand why people have to go out to some stupid ass chain restaurant when there's no way that people in there are safe because everyone has to take off their mask to eat!

I'm not going to go myself but I can at least understand allowing outdoor dining because restaurants are hurting but indoor dining in the middle of the winter with no open windows or doors for ventilation is literally Russian roulette just to go eat at Texas Roadhouse?

I'm 42 years old and I've never been more convinced that the idiocracy is upon us. May science save us all!

Could not agree harder. Science however will not save us, unless they figure out a way to fix mass stupidity that is also ethical lol.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
I want to bash their faces in.

But I won't because I'll get arrested.

Morally I'd be in the right, though.
As far as I'm concerned its self defense and should be perfectly legal.

Unfortunately 1in100 non mask wearers have a legit reason which ruins my proposed punch out to help out scheme.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
As far as I'm concerned its self defense and should be perfectly legal.

Unfortunately 1in100 non mask wearers have a legit reason which ruins my proposed punch out to help out scheme.

Well...you could ask beforehand that everyone that has a medical exemption show their document of proof right now or get punched ;)

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
It's not unreasonable but you might get banned(cause you don't care about the very poor people getting coffee thrown at them for not wearing masks outside) or get called a melon over it on here(for being "unreasonable"). And guess from where the people that might call you out come from *eye roll*
All I can say with double the deaths since August who are the real melons now... maybe don't eat outside especially not without a mask where there is going to be tons of uncontrollable factors that might heed your way and consider yourself lucky if that uncontrollable factor is just someone throwing coffee at you instead of a crazy anti mask person coughing into your eyes.

Last edited:

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I equate it to drink driving. If you get mad at folks who drive drunk you should get mad at antimaskers. I've started calling their bullshit out on Twitter cos I've lost it with them. Their anti-science sites that help them justify their idiocy should be burnt to the ground.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I do get very annoyed towards a few people that make light of the situation and who complain about the masks. Heck, even in my group of friends (most of which are relatively level-headed), some disappointed me lately regarding how they dismissed the vaccines.
At this point I want to link them this parody of Be Our Guest and move on.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The least people should do is to make them show the receipts though.

The official position of the UK government on this is that those with exemptions, or those who want to lie about having an exemption, require literally no proof whatsoever in order to not wear a mask. So you don't even have to buy a bloody lanyard from eBay to abuse that rule, you just have to shout "I'M EXEMPT!" even if you're a healthy 20 year old with football gear on who's come in to buy nothing but some Red Bull and crisps.

Last edited:

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I might get mad internally, but it is not worth the headache to flip out on them because they are likely the ones who will not change no matter what. Focus on keeping yourself safe and what you can control. I have noticed where I live non mask wearers are becoming more and more the outliers as time has gone on.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Mask up indoors and out as far as I'm concerned. If I pass people in the street I also hold my breath as I pass them, especially if they have no mask. I'm taking no chances.

In fact, why stop at people? Dogs should mask up too.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I think is it worth getting so angry about it, but I can't help it. Nearly a whole year into the pandemic, things are only barely getting better as the vaccination progamme gets under way, there are people are still refusing to wear a mask, social distancing has basically vanished etc. Am I just being hysterical? Cos it makes me real pissed off.

What's even worse is when you need to walk down a narrow hallway where a lot of people that travel the same area do not wear a mask, only to there being little "groupings" of maskless people all clustered together at the end of the hall that you are trying to walk down. Shit keeps happening all of the time where I live, so I basically have to wait until these people disperse before I can actually leave anymore. We even have a fucking sign about wearing a mask and to remain at least six feet away right at the main entrance to the building where these people congregate.

Doesn't help when the manager has been entirely cavalier about it as well, and I have not seen her wear a mask once while she's here. She does go around and do a "disinfecting" routine every morning, so there's that at least, but she should be leading by example, but isn't.

And things aren't "getting better". The vaccinations are only barely slowing what is progressively getting worse. It's way worse now than it was last March when everyone took it more seriously. Now it's like we've been living with it for so long that the people who haven't gotten sick are acting like everything is back to normal.

Mask up indoors and out as far as I'm concerned. If I pass people in the street I also hold my breath as I pass them, especially if they have no mask. I'm taking no chances.

I do this too, although it probably doesn't really help much if their particles are hitting your mask anyway.

it's reasonable. Wearing a mask is such a simple thing that could help alot, but these idiots make every excuse not to do it. Wearing a mask isn't even a real inconvenience we do it all of the time over here, even when there's no pandemic.

It actually is. Maskne is a thing and it also causes your face to overheat while inside. While outside when it's cold, it actually has a beneficial side effect, but it's damn uncomfortable around company for extended periods.

That's why I use instacart instead of leaving my house. Was getting too pissed off.

Wish we had that here. I was getting super paranoid when going to the store whenever I might need to use a cart, and even during the times I decided to just get what I could carry without one, the checkout still never had touchless options. Always had to use that stupid stylus. So I just resorted to wearing disposable latex gloves every single time I go to the store now, and they get thrown away as soon as I exit. I would always go early in the morning right after they opened, so exposure was pretty much as low as it could be, and they also just finished wiping the carts down, but still...

Last edited:

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
You do you i guess, i just dont have the energy because there a so fucking many of those idiots everywhere

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it makes me mad as hell as well, especially since it is the person opposite you that is your safeguard. Unless it is a special and expensive mask that you are wearing, regular masks are mostly there to prevent you from spreading the virus, they are much less effective in keeping you safe from getting the virus from someone else. So if I wear a mask, keeping my opposite safe, I expect them to wear a mask too, keeping me safe. Only if everybody is wearing a mask that safeguarding cycle actually works.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
It actually is. Maskne is a thing and it also causes your face to overheat while inside. While outside when it's cold, it actually has a beneficial side effect, but it's damn uncomfortable around company for extended periods.
idk I've never had any of these problems with the masks we get in Korea. Especially not any maskne lol

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
idk I've never had any of these problems with the masks we get in Korea. Especially not any maskne lol

Depends on the material and the duration you have to wear them. I actually ended up getting a boil for the first time in my life that I thought was just an annoyingly large pimple that finally went away after weeks, but I now have light scarring, and it's entirely because of the masks I was wearing...which were kind of thick. Had nothing to do with washing my face or keeping the masks clean either.

health.clevelandclinic.org

The Struggle with Maskne is Very Real

Here's what you can do to help prevent it

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
You're not being unreasonable at all. But what can you do? We've seen the videos of what potentially happens if you try to confront any of these people who refuse to do the bare minimum.

Just keep your distance and hope they don't harass you for still doing the right thing.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
The official position of the UK government on this is that those with exemptions, or those who want to lie about having an exemption, require literally no proof whatsoever in order to not wear a mask. So you don't even have to buy a bloody lanyard from eBay to abuse that rule, you just have to shout "I'M EXEMPT!" even if you're a healthy 20 year old with football gear on who's come in to buy nothing but some Red Bull and crisps.

Seriously shocked. WTF is wrong with the government in that case (and others)? I mean.... surely nobody would ever abuse such a noble concept?

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
We really are not mad enough. I feel for every single retail worker, healthcare worker, and teacher I see. Not that I see any because I stay the fuck home.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I get very angry at people that clearly don't give a shit. I'll wear a mask for the rest of my life if it means I can support local businesses and return to some variation of normalcy.

I was at Target yesterday and I saw a few people just walking without one. Not wearing one just tells me you're perfectly fine letting people know you don't give a general shit about them.