• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yennifer or Triss

• Yennifer

Votes: 349 64.9%
  • Triss

Votes: 131 24.3%
  • I got too greedy and tried for both

Votes: 58 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So I never did finish the Witcher 3, I spent like 6 hours in Novigrad doing the clam selling technique to get money back in the day. Then I got distracted by another game and well you know how that goes.

So here I am after binge watching the Witcher Netflix series, I'm back in Novigrad and I've been hanging out with Triss alot. We been doing alot of missions together and bonding. I think...I want to rekindle the flame with her. We are about to head into this ball now, and who knows but the end of it I may ask her to go steady with me...I mean Geralt.

Anyway I know Yennifer is Canon and all that, I know I started the game looking for her and there is a letter talking of a Unicorn we can fornicate on. But I don't know if I like Yennifer? She is kind of....not the most pleasant person. The most I know about her is from the show and I really don't like her there either (in a non relationship way, the character is fun to watch). So I'm judging off the show because I didn't get far in Witcher 2 and haven't read the books (yet)

So how did everyone else decide. Did you go with Yennifer, the black Raven of Death or did you go with Triss who seems to actually care about you? I'm sure she can have visitation rights to see Ciri.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It has always been Yennefer, anyone that goes with Triss is wrong, #IHaveSpoken

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Yennefer, because even though Triss is infinite times better for Geralt as she is kind and sweet, he deserves the abusive and tense relationship that Yennefer would provide him.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
My introduction to the series/franchise was Witcher 2 so of course it's Triss.

Also:

Triss knows how to party

Last edited:

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Triss was kind of awful given she took advantage of Geralt's amnesiac state in Witcher 1.

So it's always Yen.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Geralt x Yennefer Is the most toxic relationship ever written, give the Man a fucking break. All that "Yennefer and Geralt is true love" was a fucking illusion made up by the Djinn.
#TeamTriss

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I remember the first time I saw her, I was like, yeah, no, fuck her.
Skellige was fun, but so damn tiring having to deal with her around

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Triss. She had a lot more chemistry with Geralt in Witcher 3 and seemed to genuinely have feelings for him. Never saw the appeal in Yennifer. She was emotionally abusive and needlessly cruel.

Nov 11, 2017
I picked triss yennefer is just so unlikable on the game cannon or not. She honestly seems like the type who would get up leave the family whenever. So toxic lol

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Triss was more important in the games than the books because CDPR wrote Ciri and Yennefer out of the plot to give amnesia Geralt a clean slate, and basically supplemented Yennifer for Triss as the love interest sorceress. By the time the third game rolls around CDPR are now drawing directly from the books as a quasi unofficial sequel, and thus Yennefer and Ciri are back in full force alongside a Triss that has basically filled in for Yenneffer for two games.

What I'm saying is the answer is Shani.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
I feel like the show might make the polls favor Yen more. Then again I am just saying that because I see Triss my fave is losing hahaha.

Edit: My first experience with the Witcher was with the second game. Where I first met Triss and still knew nothing about Yen. When the third game came out I continued the romance with Triss. I have read the first two books in the Saga as well btw. One day I will finish the rest lol.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
It was always Yennefer, at least if you're playing it from the mindset of what Geralt actually wants.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Shani is the true answer.

Triss is great though and for the games I lean toward her more than Yen.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who only played the games, the obvious choice is Triss.

In the books and in "canon". Its Yen.

Blame CDPR for only introducing Yennifer in the final game and expected gamers to pick any other choice then the character then have spent 3 games boning. She is a real important character and I think really should have been introduced in witcher 2

I know when I played W3 I picked Triss. I didnt know who Yennifer really was and how deep her and Gearlt's past relationship actually was even after I played W1 and 2. She was just some salty character introduced in W3 that got casually mentioned once or twice before to me.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Blame CDPR for only introducing Yennifer in the final game and expected gamers to pick any other choice then the character then have spent 3 games boning

I feel like most people, especially on the casual, are like me and got introduced to the series with Witcher 3 lol, if only because the third entry is clearly when the franchise really blew up

I guess if you played all of em it'd be easier to feel differently tho

Kirikocho

Dec 30, 2018
Why do people base their choice in a role playing game according to previously written material? Triss all the way for me.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really care about either one of them, but I must point out how extremely annoying the game gets whenever Yennifer is on scene; the game literally forgets that it also allows you to roleplay Geralt and pushes you towards a plot you might not be remotely interested in.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
The only true romance:

latest

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Triss was kind of awful given she took advantage of Geralt's amnesiac state in Witcher 1.

So it's always Yen.
She also takes advantage of his emotionally damaged state in the books and utilizes magic to essentially date rape Geralt so.....yeah Yen all day. A vote for Triss is support for a creepy pseudo fantasy rapist.

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
This is easy, Triss will get old and die way before Yen and Geralt. Yen will win just by endurance.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Triss looks so bad in terms of design in the games lmao. Why is her hair dyed fake ass blood orange?

Status
Not open for further replies.