• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crowh

Nov 20, 2017
For some people here saying that you like XIII is like insulting their mother or some shit, amazing really...

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even consider the first release of XIV garbage and that was a huge business failure. Shitting on people liking an entry and hyperbolically tossing around garbage/trash for solid game is in poor taste. We get it you don't like it.

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, going from 92 (FFX and FFXII respectively) to 83 - Great success!
To a 79 and 66 with 13-2 and Lightning Returns... They must've been tired of all the winning.

It's pure and utter shit. ❤

Oh, and each sequel sold substantially less than the other. ❤❤❤❤

You'll probably get the remaster you're craving. To each his own. But to me, it'll always be garbage and I'll always treat it as such.

As if an 83 is anywhere NEAR bad ❤

They were lower budget sequels of course they would sell less ❤

That's nice. The game released 11 years ago. The director is still around, the team is still around, and they're working on the most ambitious video game remake project ever. Aka unfortunately for you, SE doesn't see XIII as a failure. The XIII games sold well. The games have fans. Get over it, and get a grip.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yes, imagine complaining about people talking enthusiastically about video games on a video game forum. I won't explode, I'll only wish for it to be a critical and financial disaster as to ensure they'll never make a similar mistake again. 😊

I'll always hate 13 ❤

To a 79 and 66 with 13-2 and Lightning Returns... They must've been tired of all the winning.

You'll probably get the remaster you're craving. To each his own. But to me, it'll always be garbage and I'll always treat it as such.

This is embarrassingly childish.

You're basically making GameFAQs posts.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII is my second favorite Final Fantasy after XII, I can't believe Square hasn't done it yet.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll get it eventually, but it is one of the lesser popular games in the franchise. I think the fact that it's playable in some form on current hardware is what's causing them not to push a re-release out right now. I could see a 4K remaster for PS5/Xbox in the next 3-5ish years. I for one cannot wait, this is basically the FF I grew up with and I love the battle system (particularly XIII-2)

OP
OP
ApeEscaper

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I'm sure they're aware there's demand for it despite what the constant naysayers say, would be nice if they could do this this year but hard to tell with release schedules with Square

Going by that tweet posted earlier maybe Virtuous are still working on it

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Considering that the PC ports are pretty poor, I'd be very happy with a remaster trilogy or at least some ports. I have to wonder if they're being considered for Switch, but I feel like they're well worth even just a PS4 version as they could at least be played on current gen as well (I know it's BC on Xbox, but that's not to say that a remaster wouldn't be welcome there either).

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FFXIII hate is so overblown. Like I can get not liking the game that's fine but at worst it's like a 7/10 game which is still a pretty good.

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, imagine complaining about people talking enthusiastically about video games on a video game forum. I won't explode, I'll only wish for it to be a critical and financial disaster as to ensure they'll never make a similar mistake again. 😊

I'll always hate 13 ❤

You're already exploding tbh! lmao

Remasters are small projects. If SE survived after releasing that FF movie/first version of XIV, they'll be fine with a FF XIII remaster which was a successful release btw (both critically and commercially).

Hating a video game and/or wishing for a game to be a disaster is beyond ridiculous but I'm not surprised considering your posts in this thread.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I don't even consider the first release of XIV garbage and that was a huge business failure. Shitting on people liking an entry and hyperbolically tossing around garbage/trash for solid game is in poor taste. We get it you don't like it.
The thing is, I HATED XV when it came out. HATED. I still heavily criticize it here and there, but even now I can say that there's some aspects of the game that I love, and the game is enjoyable overall (tbh I think the thing that triggers my hate for the game is when people compliment the bros or the open world).

I cannot imagine people still vehemently hating a game that's now 11 years old when the presentation is immaculate, the battle system is well-made and well-crafted, the structure is similar to a previous entry in the franchise, and the music is fantastic (and personally I love the story (even though I hate the writing for the ending and some other parts), the world, the lore, and most of the characters, but that's not something everyone agrees on). Just say that it disappointed you and go. Or, actually, don't. It's been 11 years get over it.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think XIII is a good game personally but the hate in here is embarrassing. You don't have to buy the remasters if they are made lmao.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
I love Final Fantasy X but if you ask me, that's the game in this series that takes forever to start, gameplay-wise. I felt like the gameplay actually started in the Thunder Plains when I replayed it a few months ago.

I think all Division 1 games (X, XIII, VIIR) have this problem (XIII and VIIR are some of my favorite games ever though) but IMO X has the slowest start and VIIR has the most claustrophobia-inducing design... not XIII. Just me tho I guess

That's a good analysis. I think x and xiii are more similar than what people give them credit for.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017

I decided to do a tiny bit more research to get some facts because you also seemingly ignored my comment about FFXIV 1.0. https://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/library/pdf/ar_2012en.pdf page 05
f42f89bf54.png

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
That's a good analysis. I think x and xiii are more similar than what people give them credit for.
They absolutely are, and I'm sure of this because I replayed both last year. Though personally I vastly prefer XIII's gameplay (I enjoyed X's gameplay overall though) because, to me, the battles start being fun the second the party members become l'Cie. I'm also very much a combat-heavy person. I don't give a fuck about mini-games and gimmicky sidequests and FFX's are horrible anyways. And if we're comparing Calm Lands and Gran Pulse, Gran Pulse is far bigger and I unexpectedly spent like 15 hours doing hunts and running around with the chocobo before continuing the story.

However, Final Fantasy X is more "traditional" in the sense that there's recurring NPC's to talk to, and, well, NPC's to talk to in general, which FFXIII doesn't have much of. And FFX has the typical "open up right before the final dungeon" design, whereas XIII basically only has returning to Gran Pulse as an option. So I get not liking that, but to dismiss XIII for that is really strange IMO. The games are really similar overall.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I would honestly buy one of those new consoles for this remaster. SE we need a FFXIII Lightning bundle PS5/XBOXS console like the ones you made before.
rpdQOOiekT9c3sYeTrwHrJCGTL0q2hRJ3iaK65cd7R0PALJEeQjrL89hqz7ChL3aBZ-nD6jvGVfP3bpo3LD2K_o_WBXVpeidkKmT0fXk8TXB2OsJrsNJdOuWMB2b-mJ8EGHCaQE
RetroPixl_Retrogaming_Playstation_3_PS3_Slim_Final_Fantasy_13-2_4.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think FF XIII was particularly good myself, but sure, why not? There's bound to be people who'd rebuy it, and people who might play it for the first time and like it. It's easy money for SE.

Occult Fan

Oct 31, 2017
Leave XIII alone!!!
Come on folks, for real... let people enjoy something you don't. Get over yourselves!
Count me in for day 1 for the remaster despite my mixed feelings on the trilogy.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I never played the sequels, so I'd be onboard. Hell, I'd replay the first one for the soundtrack alone.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see a remaster soon.
Hopefully they improve the textures in LR at least.
Would also like to see the removed music restored for the Western release. Sorry My Hands fans.

Oct 31, 2017
I hate the writing in Lightning Returns so much but the CG was so fucking gorgeous and the atmosphere was good when you weren't doing the dumb sidequests

tumblr_nn9jgkIHCg1rhndafo1_400.gif

92acdfe67096d76a8b642644dcd55d70.gif

1EA169C96B8D064EE31A9F0C9A32C4AACB76469D

tumblr_psq1dcdRNe1ratq21o1_500.gif

tumblr_njlt3uK7YX1tob1xvo2_r1_400.gifv

3F6B4F96AE6124A31226B2542D7D8BE01D092DFB

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Leave XIII alone!!!
Come on folks, for real... let people enjoy something you don't. Get over yourselves!
Count me in for day 1 for the remaster despite my mixed feelings on the trilogy.

This thread sure is something that I read this and literally had a "you had me in the first half" gif thing going, thinking you were about to tell us that FF13 should be left alone in the past!

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
We are finally all collectively coming out of the woodwork. Justice for FFXIII!

If my neogaf post history still existed you'd see I never wavered in my devotion to the series haha.

FFXIII needs some core gameplay tweaks.
FFXIII-2 is almost fine as is.
LR needs core gameplay tweaks, performance improvements, and basically a retexturing of the entire game.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
This is honestly my most wanted remaster. I adore the Final Fantasy 13 games, Final Fantasy 13 is the best Final Fantasy game. Such an incredible and gorgeous game and 13-2 is one of the funnest FF games I've played. When the 10th anniversary came and went and we didn't get a remaster announcement especially when 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 and other FF games were getting ports and remasters my heart sunk a bit.

Hopefully we can get one some day. I'd buy the remaster day 1.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone ever gone back and looked at the PC versions with new hardware compared to the Xbox One X BC stuff? At one point X1 BC was running the game better than essentially top of the line PCs. Curious what it is like now. I really don't have time for this shit but you people are getting me even more interested in revisiting the games, especially since I played many hours of all of them, but never finished a single one! And of course now would have to start over.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The 360 versions were already remastered on Xbox One X
If these games get framerates doubled, then they are practically remastered on Series consoles:
www.resetera.com

Xbox: Making Backward Compatible Games Even Better with FPS Boost - DigitalFoundry tests including Watch Dogs 2, Far Cry 4 etc

First batch of compatible games: Far Cry 4 New Super Lucky's Tale (120 fps) Sniper Elite 4 Watch Dogs 2 UFC 4 (60fps on Xbox Series S) https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/17/22287001/microsoft-xbox-series-x-s-fps-boost-feature-games

4K@60 /w HDR.

Why do people keep bringing this up as if it's not known? This is like jumping into the FF14 thread about Yoshi-P saying it's not coming to Xbox and saying "It's fiiiiiiiine, just buy a PS4!"

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
If these games get framerates doubled, then they are practically remastered on Series consoles:
www.resetera.com

Xbox: Making Backward Compatible Games Even Better with FPS Boost - DigitalFoundry tests including Watch Dogs 2, Far Cry 4 etc

First batch of compatible games: Far Cry 4 New Super Lucky's Tale (120 fps) Sniper Elite 4 Watch Dogs 2 UFC 4 (60fps on Xbox Series S) https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/17/22287001/microsoft-xbox-series-x-s-fps-boost-feature-games

4K@60 /w HDR.
The majority of fans of these games would probably rather replay them on a console they actually own i'd imagine.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Why do people keep bringing this up as if it's not known? This is like jumping into the FF14 thread about Yoshi-P saying it's not coming to Xbox and saying "It's fiiiiiiiine, just buy a PS4!"

We should always promote and celebrate BC when possible. Increase visibility and maybe even get all platform holders to better support it.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly wishing for a simple switch port. If possible a framerate and resolution bump, but I'd be fine with the games as they are but portable.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy them. Then again, I buy everything FF. While not my favorite, I did enjoy the trilogy.

I got the platinum for XIII and XIII-2. One day, I'll get the platinum for LR. I really loved LR, but my backlog got big around that time and never got around 100% it.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
so the story reasons for getting rid of her emotions was not something I was a fan of.
Me neither, but honestly there were several moments where she did showed emotions during side quests and the main story. These interactions make LR Lightning better than her FFXIII-2 version at least.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Me neither, but honestly there were several moments where she did showed emotions during side quests and the main story. These interactions make LR Lightning better than her FFXIII-2 version at least.

Oh for sure! Granted, her non-existence in 13-2 already made it a very low bar to hop over!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love a XIII remake.
XIII-2 would be optional.
LR can fuck off.