• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I know its a bit of a meme, and usually said ironically, but even though I've chuckled at the phrase "PC Master Race" (context of suggesting PC gamers are better than console gamers), if you think about it for a moment is it ok? I mean, i guess the context is usually that someone who said it would be being a shitty person, right?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I've never said it. It's always sounded stupid. Not even because of the implications. It just sounds stupid. Radiates little dick energy

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was time to stop saying that a decade ago. The joke was never funny and is closely tied to an insanely toxic gaming culture.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't people here usually ridiculed for using it? Every usage I've seen here is told to stop because of it's obvious connotations.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
It's always been bad. I've made this point like at least five times over the decade.

But i'm willing to bet we're not having that many "it's just a joke" posts itt.

Oct 31, 2017
It's never been time to say it, think it, feel it. Cultural elitism is a core part of authoritarian/fascist movements, regardless of where exactly within the culture that the elitism presents itself.

It is absolutely, 100% no coincidence that Steve Bannon was politically inspired by World of Warcraft.

OP
OP

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I've never said it myself, i've found it amusing when used in a way suggesting its funny BECAUSE its kind of lame.

I feel like I already have my answer already.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was never okay. I believe it was supposed to be ironic and a way to make fun of elitist people on PC, but it was misunderstood and dumb elitist people took it as face value? Anyway, better forget about it.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The original use was mocking the PC gaming attitude of superiority. The fact that it was adopted unironically so quickly and widely is not a good look.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
it would've been fine as a joke, but people took it seriously from the first utterance

so yes, probably high time to end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.