• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 7, 2018
USA
With all this insane stuff going on I believe it's time for full-time 24hr a day free security to be offered to anyone in the House,Senate or cabinet who requests it.

I don't know exactly how they would go about implementing it, maybe they could just provide a yearly allowance for each of them to hire someone from a private firm that they choose on their own as long as that person could get the proper security clearance. Or there could be a separate agency created specifically for that task with offices in each state?

I know we already have the Secret Service but just not sure if they have the Manpower for that kind of thing.

I just don't want our elected officials to have to live in constant fear because of these fucking MAGA terrorists.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Wait, is that not how it works? Federal buildings don't have a federal security detail?

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
If the government were to provide security to congress and senate than that means Republicans would get it also and since they are the cause of our current affairs, they don't need it. šŸ˜‘

Rocwell

Banned
Dec 3, 2020
Kinda of the opinion they should hire their own security details rather than having tax payers foot the bill right now.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Wait, is that not how it works? Federal buildings don't have a federal security detail?

each branch of government has their own police in charge of security.

legislative has the capitol police

Supreme Court has Supreme Court Police

the executive branch doesnt control them

equal but seprate branches of government, means they all have their own shit.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Republicans would use security against innocent people, instead of defense they would provoke people and wouldn't care since they have security and go on the offense. They should pay for it by themselves.

OP
OP
TheCuriousdabber
Oct 7, 2018
USA
Republicans would use security against innocent people, instead of defense they would provoke people and wouldn't care since they have security and go on the offense. They should pay for it by themselves.

I mean yeah this sounds good in theory but I think you guys might be under estimating the cost of round-the-clock armed security

I know they make solid money but the cost could be quite a problem especially for the younger members.

Perhaps just for any that feel like they have credible threats against them that can be backed up by some legitimate evidence.

I would just hate to lose good people like AOC to the private sector because they fear for their life constantly and don't have any government provided security like a president or vice-president does.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
There should be some system in place where they can receive it if they request it and there is good reason to have it. Pelosi, AOC, the squad, schiff and shumer all need it.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Secret Service needs to be scaled up massively so every federal elected official has their own security detail.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
Leadership of the House and Senate have security details (that's why there was such a quick response to the congressional baseball shooter -- House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was there), but I imagine it would be impractical to have personal bodyguards for all 100 senators and 435 representatives.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean yeah this sounds good in theory but I think you guys might be under estimating the cost of round-the-clock armed security

I know they make solid money but the cost could be quite a problem especially for the younger members.

Perhaps just for any that feel like they have credible threats against them that can be backed up by some legitimate evidence.

I would just hate to lose good people like AOC to the private sector because they fear for their life constantly and don't have any government provided security like a president or vice-president does.

it would cost probably a Billion to offer everybody security a year, there's like hundreds of politicians in congress, house/senate.

If people already feel like politicians don't care about doing their job, people would feel even more hatred when the people are now paying for their security.

Fix the Government first and then give them security.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
each branch of government has their own police in charge of security.

legislative has the capitol police

Supreme Court has Supreme Court Police

the executive branch doesnt control them

equal but seprate branches of government, means they all have their own shit.
Sounds like Congress should just pass laws to increase the budget and then function of the Capitol Police, make it into something similar to the Secret Service. If there really is a desire for more security provided to members of Congress themselves.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
This wasn't an issue before President Dumbass came into power and started riling up these people.

I think security for every member of congress is overkill. They just need need a general security detail for the building rather than the individuals.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Capitol police just need a kick up the ass. Dunno what you do outside the Capitol security for 535 or so people seems tough.

Serenity

Mar 3, 2018
I'm shocked about all of this.

Like, I didn't even think the window to those types of buildings could be broken with bats and shit. Thought everything in the capital building would be more advanced. Like, they have to pile up chairs and shit to keep people out of their offices? They say the whitehouse is the most secure building, maybe it's time our congressmen are protected with similar measures?

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I mean it's not like America has a lack of cops of all kinds, why not just appoint some? It's what happens in many places.

MrDonutHouse

Feb 13, 2019
I'm shocked about all of this.

Like, I didn't even think the window to those types of buildings could be broken with bats and shit. Thought everything in the capital building would be more advanced. Like, they have to pile up chairs and shit to keep people out of their offices? They say the whitehouse is the most secure building, maybe it's time our congressmen are protected with similar measures?
I had always thought the Capitol buildimg was a 'bullet proof glass' and 'emergency drop shutters' kinda building. I guess they assumed Capitol Police would always protect them? That obviously falls apart pretty quickly if the national guard is nowhere to be found before the cap po get overrun. Strange times we are in.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
While I loathe Lindsay Graham, Mitt Romney etc, I didn't like the videos of them being stalked in the airports, it was disturbing and what's to stop some nut job from murdering a politician? For that matter, you would think that congress would be fairly well fortified in case of a terrorist attack, but as we've seen a mob got in fairly easily. Definetly need better security.