• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VR?

• Yes

Votes: 520 41.8%
  • No

Votes: 448 36.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 276 22.2%

• Total voters

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think sales prompted many people to buy PSVR this year, and it's a really neat thing to use for a little while.

But for most people their VR headset will be gathering dust after a short while.

The experience can still be very draining, and not that relaxing, and that means inevitably most people don't want to spend a ton of time with a headset on their head.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
VR solidifies those fantasies. If anything, it's far more appropriate for VR to be a power fantasy than anything else. The feeling of being a badass spellsword in Blade and Sorcery cannot be surpassed by a non-VR game. When you can actually embody an avatar that moves exactly in tune with you, then the fantasy becomes even more real.

that probabky assumes you have some level of manual dexterity and spatial reasoning. Mine are crap, so it worries me that i wouldnt be able to actually play anything that requires movement or decent hand to eye coordination. I have a hard time understanding how id play a shooter in vr when i can barely play them with a mouse.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I have zero interest in VR.

A couple years ago when Sony was first on their VR kick I had a slight interest that was more just curiosity. After seeing the price, clunky hardware and very limited software that tiny nugget of interest vanished. Maybe in 10-20 years when the tech has advanced enough it'll be a viable mainstream segment who knows.

So basically no I don't give a shit about VR and I hope MS/Sony don't give it too much focus next gen. I'm pretty sure MS won't bother with it..Sony on the other hand seems to be holding on for dear life.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Well either way it seems you need a higher field of view. Your sense of claustrophobic is currently front and center. Once that's gone, you should be fine.
I think that would help it not feel as much like a nightmare, but I still personally don't really see the point. Like the best case scenario for me would be a game that gets around proprioception-incongruities by having the camera sit fixed in the sky above a scene, and at that point it's such a hassle to set up just to model something that's so easily represented in 2D.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
There are so many things that VR offers/will offer that people aren't considering when talking about it. For gaming, there has always been an feeling of alienation for non-gamers because of the barrier to entry that is having to learn controls. In VR, especially future iterations with improved controls that will track individual finger movement, grabbing objects and exploring your environment feels like second nature because it is second nature. This kind of interaction breaks down a really large barrier for people who want to get into games but haven't been able to get comfortable with control schemes on pads or keyboards.

Another large thing is the social aspect. Ask anyone who has played Rec Room what their favorite aspect of it is and most would say that it's the feeling of community - you feel like you're playing a bunch of games with real people in an actual space. Look at stuff like VR Chat which is entirely based around social interaction in a virtual 3D space. I forsee VR taking off in the mainstream due in part to the social aspect of it all. Skype and its ilk became so massive because of the long distance relationship building it could do, imagine taking the experience of communicating with a loved one who is on the other side of the world on a video camera, now imagine interacting with a virtual, 1:1 animated, full-bodied version of that person in any virtual space you choose. The potential social implications of VR is absolutely insane and if we come back to gaming for a second, multiplayer takes on an entirely new life when you're interacting with large groups of people, watching their real physical movements and interacting with them and the environment using your body and hands. Anyone who has played a multiplayer title in VR knows what I am talking about, surely.

VR has a long way to go before it's a common household item but I don't have any doubt that it will eventually get there. The potential of the technology is so incredibly massive that it's undeniable, both in the gaming sphere and for social/educational/media consumption purposes. I know right now it's a hard sell for some folks and the tech lacks features some may consider essential before they dive in but I have no doubt in my mind that those of us with HMDs right now are on the ground floor of a technology that will eventually become as common place as laptops and tablets.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
that probabky assumes you have some level of manual dexterity and spatial reasoning. Mine are crap, so it worries me that i wouldnt be able to actually play anything that requires movement or decent hand to eye coordination. I have a hard time understanding how id play a shooter in vr when i can barely play them with a mouse.
You can still feel like a badass in Beat Saber even on easy songs.

This part of Dystopia feels incredibly enpowering and it's as easy as it gets:

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And that was expected. Every generation 1 technology is niche.
No, these are not supposed to be niche products. Facebook, HTC, Sony, Google, etc. are not investing millions right now to be niche products. And if they are then when are they not supposed to be niche. Big tech does not invest in the really long term. They invest to see results almost immediately and if they don't they move on. That's basically Google's entire m.o. And yeah, I know about Zuckerberg's comments about how they want to invest long-term into Oculus and Zuckerberg is lying out of his butt. I mean Silicon Valley literally lampooned this concept.

Nov 23, 2017
Maybe, but something is certain: VR never will be the standard of gaming.

A couple years ago when Sony was first on their VR kick I had a slight interest that was more just curiosity. After seeing the price, clunky hardware and very limited software that tiny nugget of interest vanished. Maybe in 10-20 years when the tech has advanced enough it'll be a viable mainstream segment who knows.

So basically no I don't give a shit about VR and I hope MS/Sony don't give it too much focus next gen. I'm pretty sure MS won't bother with it..Sony on the other hand seems to be holding on for dear life.
Tell us more about the thing you didn't try

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018

Sony have only doubled down recently, and Astro Bot is one of the highest rated games of the year, so I'd hardly say the software is 'very limited'. Lacking in AAA exclusives, yes, but not without it's share of gems.

Microsoft have intentions to do VR next gen. This is a very likely outcome, especially since they acquired several VR-experienced developers.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I think that would help it not feel as much like a nightmare, but I still personally don't really see the point. Like the best case scenario for me would be a game that gets around proprioception-incongruities by having the camera sit fixed in the sky above a scene, and at that point it's such a hassle to set up just to model something that's so easily represented in 2D.
If you don't see the point then you seriously lack vision. What about the non-gaming aspects of VR, are they pointless to you as well even when fully developed and refined?

I'm pretty sure your judgement is completely clouded by your claustrophobia. You're not thinking forward. This is like someone getting sick with VR and because of that bad experience, they say they will forever hate VR.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Not that I wish to downplay your point, but what you linked is nowhere near easy for someone starting out. That's more equivalent to the included song's hard modes.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
No, these are not supposed to be niche products. Facebook, HTC, Sony, Google, etc. are not investing millions right now to be niche products. And if they are then when are they not supposed to be niche. Big tech does not invest in the really long term. They invest to see results almost immediately and if they don't they move on. That's basically Google's entire m.o. And yeah, I know about Zuckerberg's comments about how they want to invest long-term into Oculus and Zuckerberg is lying out of his butt. I mean Silicon Valley literally lampooned this concept.
This link proves that everyone working on VR knew it would be niche in generation 1:

https://www.roadtovr.com/what-vr-he...-have-actually-said-about-sales-expectations/

This is how all technologies work. Why would VR be any different?

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Not that I wish to downplay your point, but what you linked is nowhere near easy for someone starting out. That's more equivalent to the included song's hard modes.
I forgot to mention that the spirals are the main exception. The rest of that section is relatively easy-ish. But regardless, my point is that even easy songs can be incredibly fun and empowering. It turns out that people really like just slicing things with lightsabers.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
If you don't see the point then you seriously lack vision. What about the non-gaming aspects of VR, are they pointless to you as well even when fully developed and refined?
I'm still talking about for me personally. I'm sure it's great for teaching welders how to weld or whatever. I don't want to learn how to weld, I want to play fast paced third-person action games, grand strategy games, and 2D indie games — and for all of those I'm perfectly happy using a computer screen or my Switch. I don't think any of my favorite genres would be in anyway improved by VR.

Oct 27, 2017
It's cool and I bought one because the games were finally worth it. However, it's too secluded from those around you, requires wires/headset/etc that will get lost or break, and still relatively poor visual quality compared to where we are in other games (4k/hdr/). These were the same issues with 3D...I loved 3D and have a lot of 3D movies, but it all fades because it isn't convenient.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
The Microsoft VR headsets are the lowend PCVR, they're actually frequently much cheaper than PSVR. At several points, they've been flat out given away with sub-$500 PCs from companies like HP. They're just not as widely known about, and getting them to be fully compatible with all of PCVR requires some tinkering due to stupid walled gardens. For the average Joe, I think fiddling with PSVR is about as far as they'll go, trying to get the Windows VR headsets going is too much trouble for the dude who just wants plug and play.

All this is why I've always thought mobile VR was the future. I think things like the Oculus Quest really represent the future of VR headsets.

I disagree.
There's nothing 'low end' about the Windows VR headsets. In fact, the Samsung Odyssey and Odyssey+ headsets are some of the highest end HMDs you can get on PC. And the Windows VR headset are far easier to 'plug and play' than anything else on PC.

Other than that, I agree that mobile VR will be the tipping point and I can't wait for the Oculus quest

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I forsee VR taking off in the mainstream due in part to the social aspect of it all. Skype and its ilk became so massive because of the long distance relationship building it could do, imagine taking the experience of communicating with a loved one who is on the other side of the world on a video camera, now imagine interacting with a virtual, 1:1 animated, full-bodied version of that person in any virtual space you choose. The potential social implications of VR is absolutely insane and if we come back to gaming for a second, multiplayer takes on an entirely new life when you're interacting with large groups of people, watching their real physical movements and interacting with them and the environment using your body and hands. Anyone who has played a multiplayer title in VR knows what I am talking about, surely..
Absolutely this. People call VR anti-social when they don't realize on the other side you can be socializing with anyone, anywhere.

This is going to become insane in a few years looking at current progress: https://gfycat.com/IncredibleShoddyCowrie

VR Socialization will do nothing short of revolutionize the world's communication system.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada

yeah no. doesnt look easy to me at all. like i think people forget that games are just not that easy to a lot of people. i cant see myself getting the timing to that. i tried thumper out a few months ago (not in vr) and i couldnt get past the second stage.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I said consumer VR. Virtuality was for arcades and enterprise.

The consumer space was almost non-existent until 2015/2016.
And the suitcase cell phone was designed for enterprise, but that was dragged out to make the same point. Again, consistency is important.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, without those original coin-op developments, interest in consumer VR wouldn't exist as it is now in the first place. Like saying Pong wasn't part of the first generation until it got a home release, despite its vital importance to the medium placing it and the Magnavox Odyssey as the founding bricks of the consumer video game industry. A coin-op game is still a consumer product, even if you don't get to own the hardware.

brandywine

Oct 27, 2017
How the forum feels about VR has clearly changed, but that's not the important question with respect to its future.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I don't think you know how to use "suffice it to say". It's usually a definitive statement not used as a question.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
yeah no. doesnt look easy to me at all. like i think people forget that games are just not that easy to a lot of people. i cant see myself getting the timing to that. i tried thumper out a few months ago (not in vr) and i couldnt get past the second stage.
Yeah, I mentioned to another poster that there is a harder part to that which I forgot to mention. Everyone can do the default songs on Easy, and most likely on normal too. That can still be a great time.

Games can cheat if needed, using auto-aim and adjustments to make you feel more like a badass.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Nah, I still don't care about VR. I'm sure Astro Bot is as great as the 100 threads on it suggest it is, but I still have no interest in strapping a giant mask to my face to play a video game.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This link proves that everyone working on VR knew it would be niche in generation 1:

https://www.roadtovr.com/what-vr-he...-have-actually-said-about-sales-expectations/

This is how all technologies work. Why would VR be any different?
Nothing in this article indicates any of that. I even called out that same dumb quote from Zuckerberg.

At the very least, post another article, not from two years ago, not from a VR dedicated site and not full of ridiculous quotes like "Daydream is going to be as big as Android."

Last edited:

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
And the suitcase cell phone was designed for enterprise, but that was dragged out to make the same point. Again, consistency is important.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, without those original coin-op developments, interest in consumer VR wouldn't exist as it is now in the first place. Like saying Pong wasn't part of the first generation until it got a home release, despite its vital importance to the medium placing it and the Magnavox Odyssey as the founding bricks of the consumer video game industry. A coin-op game is still a consumer product, even if you don't get to own the hardware.
If you want to consider terminals and such as the generation 1 of consoles, then this firstly disagrees with everyone else, and secondly wouldn't change my original point at all. This just shifts naming conventions, that's all. The Magnavox Odyssey whether it's gen 1 or gen 2 in your eyes still only sold in the hundreds of thousands. The first generation of consumer smartphones still only sold in the hundreds of thousands as well.

So the expectations for this generation of VR don't shift.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Consistency is important if you want to play patty-cake with words, but it's not at all important to the point my posts have been making, which is that this is the first time that a vast majority of the public is able to experience VR to the point that a competitive consumer market can exist almost entirely due to affordability. So if you want to "well ackshually" about a $50,000 machine that was never sold in any stores, ever, that ran on a system that couldn't run Doom, you do you, but it doesn't actually pertain to the conversation at all.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Nothing in this article indicates any of that. I even called out that same dumb quote from Zuckerberg.
So you think they are all lying?

If so, explain why Zuckerberg lets Michael Abrash talk about what VR will be like in 4-5 years every few years? Abrash always points out what's needed for VR to go mainstream. If Zuckerberg wants VR to take off extremely fast, then he wouldn't allow a public figurehead to speak about how mainstream appeal is quite a few years away.

Instead, he would be quiet on that front. So basically, you're chasing ghosts. Come back to reality and actually believe what they're saying since it lines up with every other technology medium.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I came here to complain about the ungrammatical thread title. It should be "Does it suffice to say..."

Anyway, it seems that while a small group of PSVR and Oculus owners have been impressed by the likes of Astrobot and RE7, the majority aren't ready to adopt to what's still a technology in its infancy. I've tried VR games and came away with positive impressions but I like many others want more and better software, and lighter, more refined hardware before I make the investment.

A couple more generations and I'll probably get on board.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you think they are all lying?

If so, explain why Zuckerberg lets Michael Abrash talk about what VR will be like in 4-5 years every few years? Abrash always points out what's needed for VR to go mainstream. If Zuckerberg wants VR to take off extremely fast, then he wouldn't allow a public figurehead to speak about how mainstream appeal is quite a few years away.

Instead, he would be quiet on that front. So basically, you're chasing ghosts. Come back to reality and actually believe what they're saying since it lines up with every other technology medium.
How long are you going to use "It's the first generation it's supposed to be niche." These products came out over two years ago now. Ugh. I get the appeal of VR but eventually you gotta admit that there's a real possibility that it's just going to stay a niche product. Which is fine but the certainty that "VR is the future bro" got tiresome two years ago and it's just ridiculous now.

lowlifelenny

Oct 27, 2017
If anything getting to sit down and spend decent time with VR this Christmas (got a PSVR as a gift) only compounded the barriers it faces for me. It's too uncomfortable. There's a very limited selection of games. And the visual quality is traded off heavily compared to TV performance, despite the effect and the immersion being genuinely impressive.

But it's still very good nonetheless. And one day it will be where it needs to be with the content to back it up.

Last edited:

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
How long are you going to use "It's the first generation it's supposed to be niche." These products came out over two years ago now. Ugh. I get the appeal of VR but eventually you gotta admit that there's a real possibility that it's just going to stay a niche product. Which is fine but the certainty that "VR is the future bro" got tiresome two years ago and it's just ridiculous now.
How many times? Enough until you start to understand that every first generation of a technology medium is niche. There are no exceptions.

Also 2 years? Console generations last 7. Stop expecting things to blow up overnight. The breakthroughs are underway, everything is set for the next several years of VR, so it's now mainly a waiting game.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
My opinion on it has shifted, but it's been almost entirely thanks to PSVR games like Moss and Astrobot which have leaned away from a lot of typical VR design and back towards just making traditional games in VR. I am more open to VR as a display technology, but maybe even more skeptical of its ability to be a real paradigm shift for game design.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps it's just a matter of making games where your motions are heavily abstracted, but still feel connected to your action. BeatSaber doesn't feel incredibly 1:1 accurate, but it's close enough to keep you engaged and excited.

I presume most of the shooting games have very strong aim-assist as well.

What setup did you play Beat Saber on? It feels pretty exactly 1:1 on my Vive.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If you want to consider terminals and such as the generation 1 of consoles, then this firstly disagrees with everyone else, and secondly wouldn't change my original point at all. This just shifts naming conventions, that's all. The Magnavox Odyssey whether it's gen 1 or gen 2 in your eyes still only sold in the hundreds of thousands. The first generation of consumer smartphones still only sold in the hundreds of thousands as well.

So the expectations for this generation of VR don't shift.
Good thing that I wasn't disagreeing with you on that and never said anything on that subject.

This is absolutely correct, this generation was going to start small for VR and has managed to achieve some solid numbers for the first run as a home entertainment device. The challenge that's in front of VR manufacturers is whether interest sees growth when the hardware matures.

Admittedly, no one has the answer to that, which is why you see people over-estimating on one end and under-estimating on the other, much like we saw at the birth of the touch screen smartphone market.

I'm personally of the opinion that the next generation of VR will be flat unless more software exists that elevates the current software landscape, much like we're seeing now, which was in conjunction with a price drop on PSVR. If it suffers from low support like we saw at the start of this generation, it'll still sell, but it won't likely get much in the way of new consumers to buy in.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
As long as only one plataform holder does it, it will never change. Console Warz are too strong.

Nothing to do with console warz.
Using currently available metrics, Less than 5% of PS4 owners have PSVR. It's still a niche accessory. I'm willing to bet that The vast majority of PSVR sceptics are PS4 owners.

I mean, you have PS4 owners like me that find the experience to be clumsy and unwieldy, thanks to the mess of wires and boxes. I bought a PSVR day one and sold it after a few plays just for that issue.

I feel like when it goes wireless, then the floodgates can open.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
VR and AR will be offered by the same devices in the future. See what Apple and Google are doing right now with AR on smartphones, a quick YouTube search should do. All of that will eventually evolve into a pair of lightweight glasses that are capable of doing VR and AR and you can bet your life that type of technology will be replacing your smartphone in the not too distant future.

You won't get lightweight AR/VR glasses in the near or mid term.
AR only, most likely. That's the more useful 'out and about' tech.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many times? Enough until you start to understand that every first generation of a technology medium is niche. There are no exceptions.

Also 2 years? Console generations last 7. Stop expecting things to blow up overnight. The breakthroughs are underway, everything is set for the next several years of VR, so it's now mainly a waiting game.
It's not even "new" anymore.

This argument is going nowhere besides rehashing the same tired points that's been rehashed for years. I wasn't even this pessimistic before. I even said it's getting better but you all had to chime in with how VR is literally going to be the second coming without any shred of evidence.

Last edited:

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
When these things mature, everyone's going to want one. Alot of 3d games play better in vr. You might think it's just driving games and cockpit games, but no. It's rpgs, shooters, horror, platformers, sports, walking simulators, mmo... A good chunk of stuff that people like to play on consoles/pc can benefit from depth perception and the ability to easily track moving targets with the eyes.

Thats completely aside from the much vaunted immersion which is of course very advantageous for many games seeking to be immersive. Sometimes it seems like vr is all about immersion, but I'm seeing it as a kind of controller and display in one. It actually enhances gameplay.

Last edited:

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Not a tipping point or a tidal shift or anything like that, just a continual building of momentum. PSVR is the healthiest it has been since launch and there's more games on the horizon. Price is a massive factor, and so are the bundles. Astrobot and Beat Saber are system sellers/killer apps but the market hasn't hit the mainstream quite yet.

Oculus seems to be targeting the crowd that tried (and quickly forgot about) the smartphone-holders masquerading as VR headsets, but I don't think it will be able to achieve PSVR levels of presence and fidelity. We're probably 5 years away from a tipping point where the right hardware is cheap enough and the software captures people's imaginations.

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember a time when I thought I didn't need a smart phone. Then I was forced to get one, because society now expect me to have one. And it wasn't a slow burn... for a few years, it was fancy tech. But then suddenly it is the norm and you can't do any normal job without owning one.

This reminds me of a sci-fi anime, where everyone is forced to get a brain implant that allow them to use the internet with their minds. There is no law forcing you, but not getting one makes you practically disabled. Only homeless beggars don't have them. Technology has a way of sneaking up on you.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I thought the shift in perception this topic was hinting at was going to be in the opposite direction.

I was never a "VR is a fad" kind of person; it was obvious to me that the technology would eventually find its footing and at the very least carve out a niche, if not outright dominate. What the last few years of actual experience with two headsets has shown me, though, is that we're further away from that reality than I originally thought.

People are working on all the problems modern VR faces. All-in-one and wireless headsets will deliver freedom from cords. More elaborate tracking systems will minimize and hopefully eliminate issues with tracking people's movements. Controllers will become more attuned to how people want to interact with virtual worlds. We'll probably even be able to solve issues like how to locomote inside a virtual world without requiring an extremely large space or inducing motion sickness. But none of those issues are solved now, and the reality of most people's homes make the limitations of current VR implementations obvious.

I think Astro Bot works well because it brings a captivating experience while placing constraints on the requirements to make that experience. You don't need Move controllers, so the abysmal tracking of PSVR when it comes to those controllers is eliminated. You aren't standing up or moving around, so the issues with cords and limited living room space disappear. That's all well and good for now, but anything more elaborate tends to run into issues. Ask me about the frustration of trying to play Doom VR on PSVR and not being able to use the Moves if I turned 180 degrees because the game asked me to, or the number of times I bashed my controllers into my desk while playing games on the Oculus Rift because my computer is in my bedroom and I don't have a ton of space to do even sitting experiences.

I think the number of people who think "oh VR's just going to go away and never be a thing" has dropped this year. But I still don't see a lot of people adopting it anytime soon, and even fewer who will treat it as more than a novelty to dust off every once in a while. We'll get there eventually, I know, but not this year.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I think it's safe to say that Astro Bot, Moss and Tetris Effect are much better standard bearers for the technology than Resident Evil, both in terms of wholesome content and also simplicity of controls.

I was a critic of VR, but the hype for these games and the aggressive hardware and software sales made me take a chance on PSVR. I'm glad I have it but I'm still sceptical.

Motion sickness is a big problem. I feel a bit queasy after sessions, depending on the game. It's something I'm managing, but it is not that relaxing.

On the other hand, immersion is incredible. The first thing my girlfriend said while she was playing was 'it really helps you stop thinking about other things! I can't even see my phone!'

It's pretty clumsy and awkward in a living room environment but it's a pretty amazing experience.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
As a developer, I just wonder whether there is a good middle ground. Lowest common denominators from cross platform won't get us Astro Bots but there is no reason why Crash Bandicoot shouldn't be VR compatible. I assume anything like Spyro's camera is a bit rough for motion sickness.

Several smaller devs with VR support on PC have no PSVR in their PS4 games, like Elite Dangerous and Subnautica. It's a very difficult platform to QA and to provide with tech support.

At this point if I was budgeting a game project and had to choose between a VR version or a Switch version, I'd usually lean on Switch.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tell us more about the thing you didn't try
Perhaps it's this attitude why people who really don't have any interest in it don't comment in these threads anymore which then makes it seem that there is only positivity in VR threads?
There were a lot of threads where people were told to just leave the threads when they don't have any interest in the technology which is fine for both sides but the effect of that might lead to a different perception and might infer wrong conclusions.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well for me, I feel the same way about VR now as I did a year ago. It's a great technology with a lot of potential that still isn't going to have widespread proliferation until developers fix the headset requirement, if it even can be fixed.

It really is as simple as that.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
There has definitely been more positive buzz around VR lately, with far less negatively in VR Threads.

A string of great games and hardware sales have seen more people picking up VR and I've seen more people converted / say they were wrong about VR, now they've actually tried it.