• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is it ok for non-black minorities to use the n-word?

• Yes

• No

• Depends

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Quicker if I just reference the post:

The Latin communities proximity to or also existing as black especially in the NY area( specifically with Puerto Rican's and Dominicans/ and honestly Caribbean's in general ) is a whole other thread that needs a ton of unpacking. I know being from the area myself and being black myself i know what i hear and yes it is sometimes dismissed and ignored and in some cases can they claim it? Maybe it's a lot to unpack, but that shit ain't gonna fly with everyone. It might good in one area NY but if you really know you ain't gonna look like a fool and do it in another part that's not gonna get you or your identity or where you come from. As I said a lot to unpack and maybe we should have another thread

This is that thread.

Personally, I can understand why folks that grew up in, or still live in New York, drop the word amongst friends. But as a former NY native that's participated in the use of such language, I'd rather just leave it to history.

You?

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NO

You're not fucking black, you didn't have a black experience, I don't give a fuck about your black friends, your black neighborhood, I don't give a fuck if the song says it just shut the fuck up

Just shut the fuck up

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
3VgfgyQ.jpg

Vio-lence

Banned
Oct 15, 2019
black/latina. I do regularly with friends in private. personally, I wouldn't condemn anybody using it as a term of endearment in private.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
i hear non-white, non-black kids say the word every day in the streets of NYC. how do you stop that? if they were white kids i'd have half a mind to say something but hell i'm old enough to be scared of teens now.

Oct 25, 2017
I only put depends because the of one instance I know of which is "Sand n*****"

But then again I'm asian so I don't know, it doesn't really affect me

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Locking thread because it is response thread to a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.