• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 27, 2017
California
I randomly say "RocksAss" instead of Roxas so now that's all I think about when I remember kingdom hearts 3.

I bought it day 1, quit after the monsters inc world but beat it last month after going back to it. The combat is repetitive and the story is all over the place but I had fun with it.
Oof that sword surfing part, fingers were tired

Marvel x Star Wars seems like the next step since just about every Disney cartoon world has been explored.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just pretty forgettable in a way, nothing in it blew me away and altered my thinking of gaming. It was serviceable and did what it had to, there was literally no surprises that wasn't spoiled by marketing.
Yeah, which is surprising. I mean, being spoiled by KH marketing is nothing new, but there are usually so many twists and turns and that "Nomura Factor", that didn't seem to be there for this game. Everything was so plainly laid out...

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Yeah, which is surprising. I mean, being spoiled by KH marketing is nothing new, but there are usually so many twists and turns and that "Nomura Factor", that didn't seem to be there for this game. Everything was so plainly laid out...

I think a big part of what ruined the game for me, was thinking that the end section was the typical middle section of Kingdom Heart games, they generally have that huge "ENDING" then it starts the next half where you revisit worlds and do other things.

So I was pretty excited to see everything they do different in the second half. Then it ended. I was pretty stunned.

Was hoping for one surprise that caught me off guard, like the Millennium Falcon swooping in to help you in your gummi-ship. Anything!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I bought it at release, and i'm not even halfway through it. Lost interest once other games came out like RE2, DMC5, and Sekiro.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
It sold well at launch from hype and lack of a true sequel for so long then it was only just decent, so people beat it and moved on and there wasn't a whole lot to talk about afterwards. Was it fun? Sure. Did it live up to the hype? No. Is it a disappointment? No. Will people return for the DLC? Most likely.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
tenor.gif

It seems the game was front-loaded. Resident Evil 2 Remake won with more acclaim AND is showing longevity on the charts worldwide.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think a big part of what ruined the game for me, was thinking that the end section was the typical middle section of Kingdom Heart games, they generally have that huge "ENDING" then it starts the next half where you revisit worlds and do other things.

So I was pretty excited to see everything they do different in the second half. Then it ended. I was pretty stunned.

Was hoping for one surprise that caught me off guard, like the Millennium Falcon swooping in to help you in your gummi-ship. Anything!
Sometimes I even wonder where the middle even was.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
As a huge KH1/2 fan, I didn't care much about 3 to talk much about it. I'm not even sure I'll replay it for Critical mode.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It came, it got beaten but there is nothing else there to bring us back to play more so why bother talking about stuff that was discussed to death in the OT's

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Far Cry New Dawn, DMC5, Sekiro and more have all released since then. There's so much quality content these days across all the platforms that stuff usually isn't talked about far after it's release unless it's greatness like a Bloodborne or a BotW. Kingdom Hearts 3 is just good.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why you thought it'd be anywhere RDR2 or BotW is beyond me, those 2 are the highest scoring games this gen, one or them selling 23+ million in 3 weeks with some of the biggest outlets giving them GoTY awards. You set yourself up for disappointment op.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

It seems the game was front-loaded. Resident Evil 2 Remake won with more acclaim AND is showing longevity on the charts worldwide.

January NPD:
Top 20 best selling titles (January 2019) - Includes Physical and Digital sales
  1. Kingdom Hearts III
  2. Resident Evil 2 2019
  3. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe*
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII^
  5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  6. Red Dead Redemption II
  7. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  8. NBA 2K19
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. Grand Theft Auto V
  11. Madden NFL 19^
  12. Tales Of Vesperia
  13. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  14. Battlefield V^
  15. Super Mario Party*
  16. Minecraft#
  17. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  18. Marvel's Spider-Man
  19. FIFA 19^
  20. Super Mario Odyssey*

February:
Top 20 best selling titles (February 2019) - Includes Physical and Digital sales
  1. Anthem^
  2. Jump Force
  3. Kingdom Hearts III
  4. Far Cry New Dawn
  5. Red Dead Redemption II
  6. Resident Evil 2 2019
  7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  8. Metro: Exodus^
  9. NBA 2K19
  10. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII^
  11. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe*
  12. Mario Kart 8*
  13. Grand Theft Auto V
  14. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  15. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  16. Minecraft#
  17. Super Mario Party*
  18. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
  19. Madden NFL 19^
  20. Marvel's Spider-Man
Most recent Media Create:
21./16. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2019.01.25} (ÂĄ8.800)
29./26. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 # <ADV> (Capcom) {2019.01.25} (ÂĄ7.800)

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Personally the game was a disappointment and forgettable. By the time I completed the game, I had skipped most of the cutscenes after the Disney worlds and I'm pretty sure I skipped the ending just to be finished. The gameplay is decent enough, but everything else I've grown out of and no longer have the patience for.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Probably because outside of the Disney magic, the underlying story is a walking abortion?

It's a fun action RPG with an impressive use of Disney IP and that's about it. Plenty of people are playing it but it's just not a big topic of discussion.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
January NPD:
Top 20 best selling titles (January 2019) - Includes Physical and Digital sales
  1. Kingdom Hearts III
  2. Resident Evil 2 2019
  3. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe*
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII^
  5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  6. Red Dead Redemption II
  7. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  8. NBA 2K19
  9. Mario Kart 8*
  10. Grand Theft Auto V
  11. Madden NFL 19^
  12. Tales Of Vesperia
  13. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  14. Battlefield V^
  15. Super Mario Party*
  16. Minecraft#
  17. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  18. Marvel's Spider-Man
  19. FIFA 19^
  20. Super Mario Odyssey*

February:
Top 20 best selling titles (February 2019) - Includes Physical and Digital sales
  1. Anthem^
  2. Jump Force
  3. Kingdom Hearts III
  4. Far Cry New Dawn
  5. Red Dead Redemption II
  6. Resident Evil 2 2019
  7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  8. Metro: Exodus^
  9. NBA 2K19
  10. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII^
  11. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe*
  12. Mario Kart 8*
  13. Grand Theft Auto V
  14. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  15. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  16. Minecraft#
  17. Super Mario Party*
  18. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
  19. Madden NFL 19^
  20. Marvel's Spider-Man
Most recent Media Create:
21./16. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2019.01.25} (ÂĄ8.800)
29./26. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 # <ADV> (Capcom) {2019.01.25} (ÂĄ7.800)

Nomura wins again

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, for me Its not worth talking about since I didn't like it and. Found it mediocre.

Critical mode isn't going to be enough for me since I have a ton of issues with it. Some of which isn't going to be fixed with critical mode.

But that's just me. I'm sure lots of people are excited about what's to come. It sold really well and DLC is going to happen. I'm sure the hype will come back again for the game.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Not much else to talk about really. I enjoy the fact that the Xehanort saga is over.
All we gotta do now is to wait for Final Mix and talk about the next game (which will probably be after 7 Remake).

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
My biggest letdown in a while.

I really do not think Square has the magic anymore, so much of what they put out now just feels...half baked and unfinished.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
It raised more questions than it answered and frankly I don't really give a fuck anymore.

I liked what was there, wanted more, and didn't like the lack of FF characters. Nomura clearly has his vision for the series, and that's fine, but I don't think it's a vision I share.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'd have to think it's because of its story and how it's harder to parse through. And those discussions are often held by more hardcore fans and those are just fewer in number.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
For a game to gain traction on ERA, it needs to be either superlatively good or extremely controversial. KH3 was neither of these.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For a game to gain traction on ERA, it needs to be either superlatively good or extremely controversial. KH3 was neither of these.

Even the controversies mostly fade away and nobody talks about them anymore beyond the initial 1-2 weeks.

But I think I know what OP is pining for, and the answer is that it's not mid-00s gameFAQs and that sort of activity barely lives on via subreddits (if at all).

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Why is no one talking about Red Dead Redemption 2 anymore?
Why is no one talking about Spider-Man anymore?
Why is no one talking about Resident Evil 2 anymore?
Why is no one talking about Octopath Traveler anymore?
Why is no one talking about Devil May Cry 5 anymore?

Take a guess

The spoiler thread was one of the most viewed and discussed on Era, lol. Also we just had a thread on Critical Mode. Not sure what you want, OP.

why is no one talking about Travis Strikes Again
SOON

dlc2Img.jpg