• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was just a thread about critical mode. The game doesn't have a lot of depth. Once it's finished, you're done until the dlc starts dropping.

And while Kingdom Hearts 3 is a great game, it's not Breath of the Wild. Come the fuck on lmao. Go back to gamefaqs and take posts like these with you

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
The amount of time this forum spends discussing video games themselves is minimal compared to the drama/controversy/NPD numbers created around them.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Its kind of what happens when you decide to wait a decade to do your sequel. Folks beat it anf moved on

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You are comparing the game to BotW and RDR2 and wonder why it seems like there is no/litle buzz ? I mean come on.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
I mean the game obliviously have done well commercially. The game debuted #1 on NPD chart during the month it was released on and sold 5 million copies so far

But it just seems like no one talks about it anymore? And I don't think it's because it have been out for couple months, I mean I still see people talking about RDR2, I still see people talking about fucking BOTW

What gives Era?

We finished it. ::shrugs::

When the DLC is ready we'll talk about it again but...yeah, we did it.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
That game came out over 2 months ago. We all beat it and moved on to new games already.

Also this happened when I was trying to 100% it:
DzFK2AMXQAAjLsV.jpg:large
Happened to me as well, and I am still astonished it hasn't been patched. I still restarted and got the Platinum. Soured the whole experience though. Reaffirmed my belief that Square Enix are largely sloppy/shoddy programmers. Lot of artistic talent but god they fucking suck sometimes.

Waiting for DLC now. 100 hours later. 30 of which shouldn't have been necessary.

Oct 27, 2017
This forum moves fast.

We've already forgotten about the Anthem backlash. And even Sekiro is becoming a distant memory.
Is Sekiro becoming a distant memory already? It's on its second ot that is constantly on the front page and we have almost a thread a day regarding accessibility through lower difficulty and Sekiro is constantly at the center of that discussion. I kind of feel like it is very relevant right now.

I think the issue with Kingdom Hearts being forgettable is ironically it's lack of challenge. Without any challenge, minimal depth, and an unsatisfying story; there is no need for community to arise to discuss strategy or lore. It came and went like a fast food cheeseburger. No offense to anyone enjoyed that cheeseburger.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
We waited 13 years for a wet fart. I keep getting let down by long awaited sequels. Fallout 4, Red Dead 2, and now Kingdom Hearts 3. All thoroughly "meh".

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing killed my desire to go back to Kingdom Hearts III faster than my save file getting corrupted in the post game.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
That was more of a game you knew what you was getting into. Nothing revolutionary. You act like it was a new genre or new IP or something
Right? It's basically mid-April...a JRPG that was exactly what people expected, released 3 months ago, isn't going to beat the hype for the next Nintendo Direct.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty mediocre game, so I forgot about it pretty soon after I rushed to finish it. My god, just thinking back to all those terrible cutscenes... I'm not even a big KH fan and I was disappointed.

Azoor

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
As much as I loved KH3, it wasn't fresh or groundbreaking. It was just another Kingdom Hearts game. I'm sure the fans are still talking about it, but for other people it's time to move on.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
the reason why people are still talking about Breath of the Wild is because it's one of the greatest games of this generation and was a breath of fresh air to open world games that also just got a VR mode announced.
RDR2 is being talked about because it doesn't seem to have the legs many were thinking it would but honestly i dont hear people talking about it as much as KH3 which people beat, were fairly satisfied with and are now waiting for DLC to get properly announced and detailed. there's no online mode to discuss it's just done for now.

Some of this also just has to do with where you're looking. I havent heard anything about Apex since progress was momentarily lost for some people and outside of press releases I hear nothing about Call of Duty or League of Legends but I've got a feeling there's quite a bit of people talking about those games.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
It's not as long as either of the games you referenced in the OP and anyways people are waiting on the DLC & Crit.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea Kingdom Hearts was such a big seller. Maybe the next game should come out sooner rather than later.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's not a whole lot to talk about, there's a lot of pacing issues and problems with the story trying to resolve everything the series did. I didn't feel that connected to the story of this game like I do for the others. What people are mainly talking about now is what the DLC will have, if it could fix anything, and what the next game holds.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the game obliviously have done well commercially. The game debuted #1 on NPD chart during the month it was released on and sold 5 million copies so far

But it just seems like no one talks about it anymore? And I don't think it's because it have been out for couple months, I mean I still see people talking about RDR2, I still see people talking about fucking BOTW

What gives Era?

Well..

botw is a classic
Rdr2 is great

Kh3 was just boring and confusing so.. thats why

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
What is there to talk about 2 months after release? Everyone is just waiting for the critical mode and the big DLC pack they keep mentioning.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Part of the reason why game companies are moving to GaaS is because it keeps being part of the conversation. It sucks but it's part of the current movement against single player games.

Btw if anyone wants to discuss Ever Oasis or 428: Shibuya Scramble, I'm available.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 only gets brought up to make controversial threads about how someone didn't like it

games come out and people stay in the respective community and OT threads for those games?

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I guess there wasn't anything particularly controversial about this game that caused people to fight about it endlessly. Like Xenoblade 2 or Persona 5 for example.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't beaten it yet. I only started playing it a week ago because I was playing through the collections first. There's a lot I'd like to talk about in the game.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There isn't really anything to talk about. Going by KH fandom twitter, discussions about it nowadays tend to be a pretty tiresome back and forth between people saying "story is crap, plays like crap" and all the "BUT VALINA KH2 BRUH" responses. Ugh.

Deleted member 12509

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
people beat it and it sucked and they spent the month after launch talking about how bad it was

what did you expect lol

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
It's just pretty forgettable in a way, nothing in it blew me away and altered my thinking of gaming. It was serviceable and did what it had to, there was literally no surprises that wasn't spoiled by marketing.