• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SRO7

Nov 30, 2017
I mean the game obliviously have done well commercially. The game debuted #1 on NPD chart during the month it was released on and sold 5 million copies so far

But it just seems like no one talks about it anymore? And I don't think it's because it have been out for couple months, I mean I still see people talking about RDR2, I still see people talking about fucking BOTW

What gives Era?

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Pretty terrible that you missed the opportunity to say Nobody is talking about Kingdom Hearts 3.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it came and went. Not a ton of depth to it. Just a bookend to a series that took way to long to come around. We're consumers, we need something new to consume

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
It did what it needed and I think a lot of fans were just happy to move on after finishing it.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
I see plenty of people talking about KH3 still. It just depends on where you look. Especially considering the DLC is coming out soon.

Coolsambob

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, I realised yesterday that I hadn't thought about it in ages despite loving it.

Maybe because it was on out minds for so long that when we finished it our brain filed it away? I don't know, I'm no brain doctor guy.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
That game came out over 2 months ago. We all beat it and moved on to new games already.

Also this happened when I was trying to 100% it:
DzFK2AMXQAAjLsV.jpg:large

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This forum moves fast.

We've already forgotten about the Anthem backlash. And even Sekiro is becoming a distant memory.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
It came out already. Critical mode will definitely start the buzz again if it fixes the difficulty complaints.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I talked about it here just yesterday, not wholly positive mind. Said that it was slightly better than FFXV which was in itself mediocre.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Not much to talk about, it's a mostly linear RPG with no multiplayer/GaaS crap tacked on.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
What exactly is there to say? It was a game that came out.

Talk will pick up when dlc comes out.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When critical mode releases and its final mix dlc expansion it will be talked for for years like always.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's a long game, regular people are probably still playing it and the hardcore are on to the next game.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
As a fan of the series I don't feel like it's a game I even have the energy to talk about. It was okayish, hope the DLC is good and that the critical mode fixes the biggest issues.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
It's not a GaaS title

it's not a huge game where most players will find new stuff to be discovered for months after finishing

and there wasn't really anything groundbreaking or surprising about it.

It has none of the hallmarks of a game that will loom large in the mainstream conversation for a long time.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was more of a game you knew what you was getting into. Nothing revolutionary. You act like it was a new genre or new IP or something

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I still mute at least one KH3 thread what feels like daily so it has calmed down, but it's still happening.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You must have missed the thrilling thread in a series of thrilling threads yesterday in which users compared the quality of Kingdom Hearts 3 to that of Final Fantasy XV.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
You could say the same thing for most SP games. People beat them, then move to the next big thing / wait for DLC. What's there to really talk about that hasn't already been discussed to death?

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
The spoiler thread has 18k posts or so. There was a good discussion about the game. Also there was a thread here this week about the critical mode. It'll come back around with the DLC and critical mode.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was a pretty cut and dry game. Plenty enjoyable, but there wasn't enough narrative or mechanical depth to it to really sustain a long conversation (this does not mean it's a bad game btw).

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you could choke Disney characters like you could choke people in RDR2, maybe it would still be relevant. Just a thought.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been out for two months already, so people already moved on. Besides, nothing happens until maybe the last five hours of the game.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't multiplayer, so as people complete it it falls off the radar.

But there has been a lot of talk about the upcoming DLC, and the critical mode.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
That's how the gaming cycle works, a game comes out, people talk about it for a few weeks, it fades from opinion until it's goty season.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Wait until Final Mix, thats usually what elevates the games into another tier of ARPG. You'll even see it on here with people proclaiming KH2FM as the GOAT in ARPG combat.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is talking about RE2 anymore either. It came out two months ago.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone finished the game and they're waiting for Critical Mode and/or Final Mix. There isn't that much more to talk about until those things come out.