• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
There are so many good games that I still need to catch up on, that I don't mind a quiet Q1, lol. I guess for me it'll be Mass Effect, and possibly Little Nightmares 2.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
On my radar for the next year or so is Kena Bridge of Spirits, Horizon II, hopefully Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet and Clank, Returnal, the next Battlefield, the Prince of Persia Remake, it seems that Far Cry 6 is in May 2021. There is a lot of content in 2021. Not to mention the launch lineup right now with replay value as well as Cyberpunk.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Ratchet, Horizon II, GoW, RE8, Returnal, Kena, The Medium...Probably some surprises we don't know about yet too.

Not packed but already shaping up to be better than 2014 at the very least.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Hitman 3 and Monster Hunter are the only games on my radar for early next year

Ratchet, Horizon II, GoW, RE8, Returnal, Kena, The Medium...Probably some surprises we don't know about yet too.

Not packed but already shaping up to be better than 2014 at the very least.

youre tripping. Mario Kart 8. Smash. Bayonetta 2. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. And that's just Wii U.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
yeah next gen has nothing but my pickup list for current gen q1 is damn hype

Jan
Atelier Ryza 2

Feb
Mario 3D World port
Bravely Default II

March
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town
Monster Hunter Rise

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Outriders gameplay videos make it look very good.

I adore Nioh and have played them both, but that PS5 upgrade is huge for anyone who hasn't.

Looking forward to next-gen patches for Control and possibly Cyberpunk in that time frame too...

(MH: Rise is the real deal for Q1 tho').

Nov 2, 2017
which makes all these people forking over money through friends n family so Hepburn head shaking. Peeps just cant stand it they dont have the system.

TheBanditKing

Nov 5, 2017
Only high profile games I can think of are Hitman 3 and The Medium in January and Monster Hunter Rise in March (not next gen anyway) ? I guess we'll get more precise dates for games like Ratchet and Resident Evil 8 but COVID isn't helping. Even the next gen patches for AAA games like Cyberpunk, Witcher still don't have confirmed release dates. Q1 is looking kind of dry for the XSX and PS5, right?

Welp.

It looks like an empty desert to me! I only want hitman 3 and Ys 9!

I blame COVID!

Oct 31, 2017
For the PS5, if these games do hit in Spring/the first 6 months, I'll be happy:

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Returnal
Destruction All-Stars

I'm also looking forward to Deathloop potentially, but it got pushed to the end of May.

Hopefully, we hear something on possible updates to TLOU Part II for the PS5 + the addition/reveal of whatever happened to the multiplayer. That'd be really nice, but we'll see.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think ratchet will be dated for march, and get delayed to may or june. From their, gt will be a september title and horizon 2 might eek out in november, or it will be pushed to february 2022 with god of war next coming in either summer or fall of 2022

on microsofts front i imagine that halo infinite will come out in november, while forza horizon 5 releases in september, they tend to frontload the holidays. Unless halo infinite some how comes out early next year but im doubtful

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Is it that weird? Launch windows and most of the year after are a bit dry with releases. To compound that are the startling effects of Covid.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll got duped into the hype of next gen with the promise of the future, but the future ain't gonna be here for 3 years.

nath999

May 7, 2018
I planned for it. Held off on a bunch of games to play on ps5 with better frame rates.

The draught after a launch is normal, that's why BC is a must.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
What?

Switch lineup is stacked and we barely know how is the situation first party wise. Exciting year ahead.
I'm just confused why anyone who doesn't have a Switch would have a rough year when you've got games like GOW2, Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal, GT7, RE8, Far Cry 6, Gotham Knights, Hitman 3, Halo, Elden Ring, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo and likely more that haven't even been announced yet slated for 2021...

And is there even much announced for Switch yet?

Last edited:

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
2021 should be a crazy year.

But Kena, Returnal, Ratchet, RE8, even GT7 are either Q1/Q2. Maybe even Ghostwire?

If Q1 is slow it will just mean Q2 gets packed.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
2021 should be a crazy year.

But Kena, Returnal, Ratchet, RE8, even GT7 are either Q1/Q2. Maybe even Ghostwire?

If Q1 is slow it will just mean Q2 gets packed.

I'm expecting Ghostwire to come out in November, unless a miracle happens and Starfield is a 2021 game. Even then I don't see it coming out before Deathloop.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I speak only for myself but I feel like I've had a nonstop barrage of great games to play since 2015, so I personally wouldn't mind a little break. I don't usually dwell on my backlog much but I have accumulated some pretty top-tier games that I would like some time to dive into properly since I feel like I've just been hopping from anticipated release to anticipated release kinda relentlessly.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I have such limited time to play games that I will likely still be playing Valhalla, Cyberpunk, Yakuza 7, Immortals, and others well into early 2021, then Ratchet, Far Cry 6, Kena, etc.

There are ALWAYS more good games than I have time to play - the idea that I could ever go through a period of time and NOT have something new/backlog game that I missed is just insane to me. Both something that makes me happy to realize I will never run out of wonderful games to play and strangely somewhat sad as I know there are many titles that have been on my backlog for years that I will never get to.

Regardless, I think Q1-Q2 2021 will be just fine.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The people without a Switch will have a rough 2021 no doubt.
? You must have been sleeping lately...
Sony has a massively packed 2021 on paper of titles already announced, particularly towards the second part of the year with GoW2/ HZD2, but also in 1H (Returnal, GT7, Deathloop, MLB, R&C, Kena...).
We just don't know which will actually hit Q1... Or what other titles they may have in the bank.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still catching up on my backlog from 2016 basically so I'll be fine until 2035 even if no new games come out.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OMG I was just voicing my opinion, calm down. Also, its normal that launch consoles have a slow start, specially with a pandemic still going on.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to anything. There's RE8 but I got spoiled so that always stings a bit, but other then that..
I hope the Game Awards delivers on that front. It doesn't even have to be a 2021 release, just something to be hyped about.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Definitely not outstanding. But compare it to the few months after the release of the ps4 and it doesn't look too bad depending on your taste, especially considering the pandemic. The year right after a console release is never that strong. Those rose tinted glasses are sometimes playing tricks with you.

2014 in video games

Last edited:

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you consider Switch next gen, Nintendo has a packed Q1:

I like my Switch but in what reality would it be next gen? It was underpowered compared to the last gen.

I do agree it has some good stuff lined up for the new year. I'm highly considering picking up Hades for it instead of waiting for it to come out for my Xbox.