• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Can you rock the scarf look?

• It's impossible - I've tried, but it...it just doesn't work

Votes: 145 39.5%
  • Sure! - I'm a fashionista that can pull off anything!

Votes: 222 60.5%

• Total voters

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem too difficult. Traditionally it's a piece of outerwear, so it'll work most easily paired with a coat or jacket or some kind. Then just have the scarf material be of comparable "weight" to the coat—light jacket, light scarf, etc.

Oct 26, 2017
While I'm currently enjoying the brief northern summer, one small benefit of having six month winters is that I can wear my coat and a scarf.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Easily.

latest

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
As stated by me earlier.

Eh... The 4th Doctor is a bit of an asshole.
Well, every single Doctor is a massive asshole. Even the "cool" ones are still recklessly endangering puny humans because they like the conversation, and rarely does it turn out that well for them... yet he keeps doing it. :D

Still, from the OP's photos I guessed by "asshole" he meant "moron" more than "bastard", so that's what I went with. :)

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Scarfs are for when it's cold and windy like shit.

Otherwise it's pretentious as fuck but do you tendu folks.

Looks is solid with a good coat.

Oct 25, 2017
I usually wear it under a coat/jacket or a denim jacket. Idk, maybe it looks a bit too overdressed but I never thought it looked "asshole". It's cold, wtf you want me to do? Scarves are also a very easy way to add a contrasting colour.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Yeah, maybe a bit crass but the move
Is tongue in check so thought it was okay, I'll delete if you want.

Back on track.

b220f0a35ed415e339fbb6cec226be26--patrick-stewart-patrick-obrian.jpg

5f91c6bacc5ad9aa04bd4f5281d07976.jpg

5f91c6bacc5ad9aa04bd4f5281d07976.jpg

f4c2046ed30682525babc7421dc31a7c.jpg

3d4cc7b2d9de56df27febd9c75aa1d12.jpg

Not feeling it OP.

I think I know what OP means cause those guys all look like assholes.

And it isn't like purposeful assholishness.

It's more like a "la di da" I'm gonna just toss this piece of the scarf over my shoulder like a cool person and by the way the weather's totally comfortable.

I get it. It's just the brazen nonchalance of it all. How dare you act so comfortable when the rest of us are suffering type of thing.

I get it.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I think I know what OP means cause those guys all look like assholes.

And it isn't like purposeful assholishness.

It's more like a "la di da" I'm gonna just toss this piece of the scarf over my shoulder like a cool person and by the way the weather's totally comfortable.

I get it. It's just the brazen nonchalance of it all. How dare you act so comfortable when the rest of us are suffering type of thing.

I get it.

I think we proved the arsehole theory pretty clearly, though Daniel Craig looks okay In a "I'm married to Rachel Weisz, scarves are whatever" sorta way

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Well, every single Doctor is a massive asshole. Even the "cool" ones are still recklessly endangering puny humans because they like the conversation, and rarely does it turn out that well for them... yet he keeps doing it. :D

Still, from the OP's photos I guessed by "asshole" he meant "moron" more than "bastard", so that's what I went with. :)
Fair enough actually.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
You're over thinking it. My Burberry scarf gets heavy use as soon as fall rolls in. Scarf is for me not others, I love the thing.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Every week there's a "men look horrible in x" thread, whether it starts off as one or just devolves into one because y'all can't help but think only about your gendered perspectives, and at the end of the day, I don't know how some of you people dress yourselves in the first place without projecting your insecurities over every piece of fabric in your wardrobe

OP
OP
V23

V23

Oct 27, 2017
To the people saying 'only with coats/jackets', how about with a wool sweater like the one below?

men-cashmere-scarf-zoom.jpg

OP
OP
V23

V23

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like two shades of the same fabric, which I'm not keen on. If the scarf had a pattern or an interesting texture, it'd be nicer. Or if the sweater was big and chunky like you'd wear on a whaling ship.

Yeah like Guppeth said, it's doable but not this, this is not good.

Thanks for the responses. Looks like the only warmth I'll be getting from my scarf is from when I burn it. 😭

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
My wife looks good in a scarf - her friends do too. All men that I know who wear scarves look like assholes. Sorry OP.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize so many people on Era had trouble distinguishing between scarfs and something else entirely.

I like scarfs. I don't particularly care what others think.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
When you sign up for Era they ask you if you've ever touched grass and if you say yes you're not allowed in.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, what is this thread? A scarf is normal piece of clothing, especially for winter. Might look a bit douchy if it's used in the wrong setting (like sunglasses indoors), but I'd rather be judged as douchy by Era than wearing cargo shorts or Marvel t-shirts.