• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you eat or know someone that likes corn flakes with cheese?

• Yes

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • no

Votes: 305 97.8%

• Total voters

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
A few months ago a friend mentioned earlier in the year that she loves mixing cornflakes with cheese which is something I've never heard before and found really weird. So over the course of the year I've mentioned the idea to other people to see their reactions and so far everybody has found that mix weird as well.
This past week I typed the words " corn flakes with cheese" on google to see the results that it will bring and it showed some recipes with most of them using the microwave, which I thought is even worse that the way my friend does it since she just slices the cheese and mixes it in the same bowl with the corn flakes.

To give more context, we are Dominicans living in DR so I'm curious to know if is normal in other countries.

Edit: Is corn flakes with cheese and no milk.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Is it part of some savory dish? Or just corn flakes, milk and cheese?

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I've done that combo a lot as a kid, kiri cheese specifically. But it's not like you mix it in with the milk or anything.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of it, though I can see it working if you're using crushed corn flakes with cheese for something like breading.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen potato and cheesy casserole at holiday events, yeah. With flakes on top for a crunch/crust. Baked together.

But just corn flakes + cheese? Lolno

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
tenor.gif

That's an interesting combo.

Nov 2, 2017
I kind of get it. My cousin makes a dish on Christmas that's a big ass casserole dish filled with eggs cheese and ham that's baked with cornflakes on top for crispyness.

It's good. The cornflakes are there for the crunch though, not really the flavour.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard of them used as bread crumb replacement but shredded cheese sprinkled atop a bowl of cornflakes and milk? Nah.

OP
OP
R2RD

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Is it part of some savory dish? Or just corn flakes, milk and cheese?
Just Cheese and Corn flakes in a bowl she said. Nothing more and nothing less. I should ask what type of cheese she uses tho.
Just seeing the title of this thread has ruined christmas
I can't be the only one cursed with this knowledge.
People on this forum concern me sometimes.. lol
My friend is not in the forum so you should be concerned with the people outside of it.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
Of course this is perfectly acceptable in a hash brown casserole type of situation, sure. But just raw cheese and corn flakes... 👀

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Using corn flakes as an ingredient in something savory? Perfectly normal. Turning a bowl of corn flakes into something savory? An unholy abomination.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
People use cornflakes as breading for fried chicken so maybe it's not that weird.

I'll have to pass on that though

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK
Not that I have any desire to try it myself.... but aren't cornflakes just, y'know, corn?

Vegetable and cheese concoctions aren't overly weird.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Is this one of those recipe monstrosities from the 1950s cookbooks that got posted on here last week?

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
My favorite thanksgiving recipe has potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, corn flakes, and shredded cheddar cheese.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I could see them both being components in something, but straight up cornflakes and cheese is an odd choice.