• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I dont know if its one of the best of all time, but its one of the most interesting games ive ever played.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I don't think so, the gameplay is not that interesting and none of the puzzles feels really smart.

You can argue that the game does perfectly what it tries, but TBH it tries something really linear and limited so I don't think beig polished and having a good atmosphere makes a game "one of the best ever".

riq

Feb 21, 2019
It is a precious game, but I have a hard time calling the best ever a game I'll probably never replay.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
If you think it is, that's all that matters OP. I think Breath of The Wild is and many don't share the same sediment. I don't care because it's my opinion that's based off of the games I played and my taste.

I really like it, but for me, it's not one of the best games ever made.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't put the controller down until the credits started rolling.. so yeah I'd say its pretty damn good. Probably wouldn't call it one of the best though.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I'd put it right up there with Hollow Knight as the best "indie" game of last gen. I've played through it in one sitting numerous times. If it had a Platinum trophy I would have it.

Their next game can't come soon enough.

mjhaas

Aug 28, 2019
I liked it but I found it pretty boring to play between moments or puzzles. Especially when I had deal with the slow jog when backtracking to understand a puzzle or some such. Loved the ending though.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I don't know if it's one of the best, but it's definitely one of the most unsettling games I've ever played. Any game that can affect me as much as Inside did is excellent in my book. How it accomplishes that makes it even more impressive.

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just bought the game again for Steam.

The initial moments already put you in the mood: tension, fear, anxiety... I start remembering more about the game:

- The minimalistic but sublime aesthetic.
- The sound effects and the subtle musical notes.
- The movement of the character. The superb animations.
- The story-telling: the virtue of telling a lot without the needs of words and long explanations, just by looking at your surroundings and playing.
- That unforgettable ending...

This is a game I would personally recommend to someone wanting to start experiencing videogames. And I think that is a huge praise.

inside_01_wide-7721c090ad36d3108fa46ffea71953697ad758b6.png
I couldn't agree more. This game has more atmosphere them most AAA games I've played in recent years.
One moment I really like is later on in the game where you have to cross an outdoor area that is periodically blasted with what I would call some kind of shockwave, and you have to shelter yourself from it. As a puzzle it's been done to death, but the look and feel of that section is wonderful and really conveys the sense of power and scale.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I don't like Playdead's games, so I would never consider it one of the best games ever made.

It's cool that people seem to really like it though.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me play dead haven't released a game in a while. Hopefully we'll see something soon because they are 2 from 2 of all time greats.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I loved it. I don't remember a lot about the puzzles though aside from the ending. Limbo is a bit more memorable but that could be because it came first

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
This game didn't land for me, the atmosphere was good, but felt there was no coherence to the world, just felt dumb when I finished it because I know the game was trying to say something but I didn't get what that was.

The ending was a huge question mark of what is this? to me.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
There are times where it feels too soulless for its own good, and some of the puzzles are lame, but it's a masterclass in sound design, atmosphere, and polish. One of my favorite games for sure, even if I don't necessarily love it every time I play it.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about best of all time, but it is a great puzzle platformer with one of the most emotionally (?) gripping stories/journey. It's quite the experience.

When will we hear more about there next project?

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
I went into it blind, was pretty shocked I could get a Ico-like experience in a mobile game. Amazing.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Yes. It literally doesn't have a single flaw. I always tell people it's the most perfect game ever made (visuals, sound, gameplay, puzzles are all perfection). To cap it off there's never been a single bug or bad animation present in all of my playthroughs.

diegov

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
When I played inside I felt it came from a future era, in which videogames as an art form had matured to a point where they could work with interactivity with the same mastery of its language and meaning that we currently have of cinematography, music, sound design or narrative; seamlessly integrating interactivity into that existing mix.

So on top of being very good, it gave me a type of experience I'd never had before.

It's a game I will always remember.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I always avoided this game because I thought it was about suicide. I'm not sure why I thought that. Am I wrong?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
It is a very fine "experience", but I don't think the gameplay is particularly good or inspired. Definitely worth playing for said experience though. It's a great example of visual storytelling. Very moody and atmospheric.
This is how I feel about it too. Looks cool but it wasn't enough to blow me away due to the meh/standard gameplay mechanics. The end also fell flat for me.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
There are three dissenting replies on the first page. I thought this game was like, alright. I remember their previous game Limbo so much more poignantly and I played that game so much longer ago. Among the best games ever made? Definitely not.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why some people have a hard time acknowledging a game as one of the best, it's not you have to limit your list to 10 and that's it. I have a ever growing list of games that i think that belongs among the best of all time.