• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Watching the GoT remembers videos, I did realize, IMHO, Davos Is the best actor of the whole series.

Cersei, Ramsey Bolton, Bronn, Tywin, Tyrion and Littlefinger are close, but I believe Davos to be the best.

Davos scenes with Shireen were always touching and well acted.

Who do you think comes as the best Character of GoT, in terms of acting?

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's amazing. He's right up there with Charles Dance, Lena Headey, and Mark Addy.

Edit: And Jack Gleeson.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
His character is very well written. It's just too bad they didn't find a fitting conclusion to his story. He's just kind of there with everyone who is left.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He's good, but best? Doubt I'll ever agree when the Lannisters exist.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
He's probably the one actor from the show I'd like to sit down and have a cup of tea with.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's a close third for me behind Lena Headey and Charles Dance. I regretfully admit he was 'the guy who sorta looks like Jean Reno' to me for years.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
No because his expression never changes, ever. Sure, he's gotten angry and annoyed but the man cannot change the way he emotes. Those eyebrows always stay the same (angry!).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
His name is Liam, but yeah, he's up there. Davos is the kind of character you would never expect to last as long as he has, but he has, and a lot of that comes down to Cunningham's performance.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's a really weird casting for the role physically so I always assumed he got the job because of his acting abioity

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably put Lena Headey, Charles Dance, Jack Gleeson, Peter Dinklage, Alfie Allen above him. Dude is perfect for that character though and nails being one of the most decent people in the setting.

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
He's one of my favorites for sure, his character just has a realness that some of the others don't seem to have, maybe that's by design but either way he nails it imo.

Oct 25, 2017
Almost as good as Liam.

He's gonna so sad when the show is over and he stops getting invites to F1 trackside hospitality suites.

Apr 19, 2018
Cunningham and Dance are certainly up there, but Sean Bean and Mark Addy, despite their short tenures on the show, are still my all-time faves.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
There are a ton of really great performances, and Sir Davos is amongst them... 95% of the time or so. Occasionally he gives off a really weird line delivery and I'm not sure why.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
He's great because the role and character are so strong, Imo.

The people that have stunned me pure acting wise is Charles dance and, as a poster above me noted, Dianna Rigg as Lady Tyrell.

Both performances are so pitch perfect in terms of delivery that I can't imagine anyone else in the role.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
He's up there, and maybe he could have shown off more of his acting chops if Davos had more screen time, but Charles Dance is number one. That he was able to add so much personality and nuance to his lines while playing a character so stiff and measured in demeanor is amazing.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
He was great. So was Charles Dance. That intro, damn. Luckily he wasn't a vegetarian so he got trained the day before his scene with a butcher to skin a deer, then he did it himself while having that long conversation with Jamie. Amazing. I've always like the Walder Frey actor too, and the Jorah Mormont actor.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every time Jorah says "Khaleesi" I feel like I'm watching a much classier show so I vote him as best actor

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Liam's probably my favorite. Been on the "Davos Dies and We Riot" train for a long time.

Maybe the character has some badly written premise (hey, you do still have a wife, hey, Tyrion did kill your son), but he's both loyal and also honest. No real "evil" moments that I can remember.

Also he was the main actor in probably my favorite "acting" moment in the show, where he confronts Melisande after the BOTB. I could feel the anguish and fury he was portraying.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Charles Dance as Tywin was perfectly cast and acted. Davos is a great choice as well. I also liked Stannis the Mannis.