• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
MM & TLL are 2 of my favorite games over the last few years. I love how smooth they played and how cinematic, tightly paced and short they were.

Looking for more games in this vein and realized I beat HZD but never played the DLC.

Is it similar in structure to those 2 games? If not, what is?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
No its not stand alone.

But DLC is amazing and must be played yes, best experienced late to post game

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
More like Lost Legacy, I guess. It's a separate, contained story with its own goals and stuff, and it's all within that one new region. And it has its own really good story, too. If you liked the story in the main game, you'll like this one.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a standalone release and is a part of the base game.

Still a great experience though and one I really enjoyed.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. It is still Aloy's story. And it is not stand alone of course. It is more like the Witcher 3 DLC's.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's just basically like a million other expansions?

It is meant for late game players though rather than courting a new audience so don't expect the same sort of pacing.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I recently played the game and dlc and was impressed with what a joy the dlc was. The platforming level alone is worth it. I played the dlc near the end of main game.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
Think more along the lines of an extra, high level area added to the map that's roughly 1/4-1/5 the size of the normal game's map. There's about 5-8 hours of story content, a bunch of powerful new weapons (some of which operate completely differently from weapons already in the game), and some really fly snow deformation.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
no it's more like iceborne: it's an extension to the existing game, not a standalone title

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Bit like witcher 3 its a new area on the map, all its content takes place there. Similarly there are slight story differences whether you play it during or after the main story

Its also a big step up in difficulty, that first encounter is a real wake up call

Oct 30, 2017
MM and LL are a standalone games.

TFW is an expansion part of the base game.

Other than that, yes it is very good and offers a lot of fun.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
No, it takes place within the main game and you need to be x level before you can realistically take it on.

It's not standalone. It's a traditional style add-on DLC.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's an expansion of HZD. Probably one of the best expansions this generation, and it has two of the best weapons in the game.