• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I feel like the chance that it gets delayed is high and I can't understand why Sucker Punch hasn't let us know yet.

After all the cancellations, GoT and Cyberpunk are the only two games that I'm really hyped for. I hope that GoT doesn't get delayed but at this point it feels like wishful thinking.

Ankit Gaba

Banned
Mar 27, 2020
FF7 Remake sold well even during COVID-19 issues so I doubt that but if it's incomplete they will most likely delay it

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
We've still got 2 months before it's out, so they'll probably announce the delay this week or next. They probably still want TLOU2 to come out first, not to mention Sony still probably si concerned about whether or not it's a good time to release a huge AAA game.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know but this thread made me aware we're calling it GoT, and I don't like that.

FF7 Remake sold well even during COVID-19 issues so I doubt that but if it's incomplete they will most likely delay it
Yeah but they've been able to manufacture the physical editions before shit hit the fan.

Oct 27, 2017
You can't understand why they haven't let us know. Hmmm, let me think, maybe a pandemic fucked all their marketing plans while being in the last few (crush) months of development, while Sony telling them stuff we dont know about, while probably preparing a PS5 version.

Give them a break. They'll let us know when they will know themselves

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
*shakes magic 8 ball*

—signs point to yes—

*shakes again*

—better not tell you now—

Sorry to say but ......

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I think the retail listings that suggested TLOU2 is replacing it and Ghost is releasing in august are legit.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Depends on when they want TLOU 2 to release. I could see them pushing Ghost to July/August and giving TLOU the late June spot.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
It's a safe bet that almost everything without an imminent date is going to be delayed

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Tons and tons of games will get delayed. There's 0 chance that Developers were able to stick to their plans with this Corona situation happening - Most of the time games ship while they're still hot, so even just a slight hiccup in production might cause a delay and the Corona thing wasn't a slight thing at all. Most studios probably look at weeks / months of less efficiency than what used to be the norm, so you'll either get games that'll be rushed out before they're done due to pressure from above or a delay. Pick your poison.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Either Ghost of Tsushima gets delayed and TLou 2 replaces it, or GoTsu doesn't move and TLoU 2 becomes a launch title for the PS5.

One of the two is happening.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I still wish they would just delay it up to the PS5 launch. At least then I would not have to wait for months while the PS4 version is already out...

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

The game is having multiple issues in terms of manufacturing. Getting sold out everywhere, people needing to wait a month to get it on Amazon etc.
And this for a game that started to get printed before things got too serious.
It sold well.but it could be doing much more.
Sony absolutely did the right call with TLOU2 and will probably delay this one too

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
It's rapidly approaching the time when it should be going gold, physical copies begin production etc. I'm gonna say a delay announced within the next two weeks.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Tons and tons of games will get delayed. There's 0 chance that Developers were able to stick to their plans with this Corona situation happening - Most of the time games ship while they're still hot, so even just a slight hiccup in production might cause a delay and the Corona thing wasn't a slight thing at all. Most studios probably look at weeks / months of less efficiency than what used to be the norm, so you'll either get games that'll be rushed out before they're done due to pressure from above or a delay. Pick your poison.
This.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I think at this point they would be better off, from a business perspective, saving TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima to be cross gen games released early in the PS5's life. TLOU2 could be a huge game for launch. Obviously they should still release on PS4, I'm thinking something similar to the BOTW strategy, although ideally with a single purchase netting you the PS4 and PS5 version.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems very likely, yes. I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a PS4/5 cross-gen launch at this point.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Best to assume every AAA game is delayed until it's confirmed otherwise, unfortunately.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
twitter.com

Benji-Sales on Twitter

“Never in my entire time watching the industry have I seen a game so negatively impacted by physical shipment disruption like Final Fantasy VII Remake currently is experiencing in the US Again, Sony absolutely made the right call delaying The Last of Us Part II”

Sure 3.5m is great but relative to expectations I assume it wasn't as good.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, this is real insight from an expert in the field. Thank you Thomas

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Publishers need to start thinking seriously about releasing the games digitally even if it means physical will potentially release much later. It really does not make sense to hold back finished games (TloU2 for example) just to please the retail business who have to close most of their stores anyway.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The other part which I think is relevant to TLOU2(and thus GoT) is that some publishers are probably going to delay stuff that is probably in a launchable state so they have a better cadence of releases, especially the platform holders.

If you have games ready to go in June, July and August but your October and Novembers games are delayed then it probably makes sense to move one or two of them back even if retail/distribution/etc is otherwise unaffected.

Last edited:

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I would assume anything that isn't digital only is getting delayed.
The combinaison of both these reasons tend to a big yes.

And TLoU 2 won't release at the same time than GoT, so big delay I guess.

They should tell us.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hm... I think one of these will happen:

1) It will switch release date with TLoU2. TLoU2 in late June and GoT will be delayed one month to the end of July.

2) GoT release does not change and TLoU2 will release one month later at the end of July.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Don't mind if they delay both this and TLoU2 to the PS5 launch. Just means I get to experience both of them in the best possible way for my 1st playthrough!

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I hope not, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised, given they delayed TLOU2 which according to Naughty Dog is "finished".

Oct 27, 2017
I think it depends if the PS5 is getting delayed to next year or not. If it is, then it makes sense for this and The Last of Us 2 to be Sony's big holiday releases.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most countries will reopen shops around end of may. So it may not be delayed. Actually they could keep last of us as well