• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's a banana in that bowl. Donkey's love bananas.
K08HrPE.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is definitely happening.
This is absolutely not Geoff making an incredibly obvious joke.
Can't wait for this to happen, which it absolutely will.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I was extremely let down by mother 3 when I played it. Hope it does get released because a lot of people obviously want it but the game was meh.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying this is the year, but I see no reason for Nintendo to not bring out Mother 3 over here. I've always been convinced it's coming.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's a Shaft reference. Give it up, people.

buy yourself a copy of the Japanese GBA cart, procure the patched ROM dump that is translated, and burn it to an EEPROM to put in the cart, and enjoy an expertly localized version of the game if you are that against emulation and flash carts, etc.

I've had a translated Mother 3 cart sitting in the GBA slot of my Nintendo DS Lite for years. The game is accessible.

Last edited:

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's an obvious joke.

Forget about Mother 3 guys, it aint happening, unless heavily censored/edited

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Even if they did release Mother 3 at this point, it would be so heavily edited that everyone would complain anyway.

Play the fan translation and get on with your life

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
also yes, just play the fucking fan translation

it's been what, 10 years already? anyone who actually cares about mother 3 at this point has already played it

edit: holy shit, 11 years this october

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mother, you had me
But I never had you
I wanted you
But you didn't want me
So
I just got to tell you
Goodbye
Goodbye

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, I feel like the game's political and philosophical messages is what's keeping the game locked in Japan. The game has clear themes of anti-capitalism, anti-consumerism, anti-fascism, environmentalism, anarcho-communism, and so much more. Changing that to make the game less political would destroy the heart of the game, and keeping it in as is might make the alt-right screech into the night about communist Nintendo.

I mean, they're not being subtle about what the Pigmask Army represents:
187ce293227ca478f3fa310827da738dd67fcef0_00.gif

Last edited:

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Mother 1 aka earthbound beginning on NSO knowing our luck.

I really hope we are getting a collection though

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I'm going agree it's a misread shaft reference, I'd only see it if nintendo online got GBA games at some point in the future.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
After thinking about this for a few mins I'm sure it's not going to happen.

Because Nintendo E3 isn't on Sunday

Village

Oct 25, 2017
also yes, just play the fucking fan translation

it's been what, 10 years already? anyone who actually cares about mother 3 at this point has already played it

edit: holy shit, 11 years this october
I would like it to personally come out in english so other people who might not normally experience, can experience it

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
HAHAHAHAHA-- Shut up, Geoff.

If only Reggie's parting gift was a Mother 3 announcement.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Having never played a Mother game, and seeing it have so much intense, if niche, fans, is it that good?

Any other game that it can be compared with?

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Fine, German localization for the PAL Wii U, but only available to purchase in Sweden for some Nintendo reason.
If you thought nazis being in the game was the real reason it wasn't localized, why that market?
(If any in-game aspect is keeping it from being brought over, it's the sexual content, not the evidently radical communist advocacy conceived by a professional copywriter/amateur gold-hunter.)

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you thought nazis being in the game was the real reason it wasn't localized, why that market?
(If any in-game aspect is keeping it from being brought over, it's the sexual content, not the evidently radical communist advocacy conceived by a professional copywriter/amateur gold-hunter.)

T'was a joke. (The comment about the localization location, not my feelings on why I feel like they won't localize it. You do bring a fair point though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.