• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I remember the last time Geoff and Reggie teased Metroid.

data

Oct 25, 2017
i get that, he doesn't hint at mother 3 in his tweet. but geoff clearly is in his reply.
I think they're just having some good fun.

I really really don't think there's much to look into here.

It's like when people ever see 3 come up from gabens mouth it becomes half life 3

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the last time Geoff and Reggie teased Metroid.

FUCKING DONKEY CRANKY KONG!!!

RbRcGzn.gif

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
He's just teasing that Samuel L Jackson will be the next Trending Gamer recipient at The Game Awards

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Clearly a Mother 3 remake for the Switch is going to be announced and simultaneously released on the day of Nintendo's E3 Direct.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Just buy a copy and play the fan translation, like, why are people so desperate for an official Mother 3 release?

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
well, let's look at this analytically
3 dots in geoff's tweet
suspicion that microsoft will include nintendo in their presentation somehow
microsoft and valve are in the pc game market
HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED FOR SWITCH

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
They wouldn't put work in to translate Earthbound Zero if they weren't gonna do 3, probably release all 3 as a collection at some point

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Geoff is just working people with that tweet. It was just obviously reggie having fun responding to Sam Jackson's bit in the promo.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They wouldn't put work in to translate Earthbound Zero if they weren't gonna do 3, probably release all 3 as a collection at some point
well they technically didn't since the localization of mother 1 was done in the NES era (they just didn't release it), but i really feel like a basic rom collection on switch isn't as impossible as some people are making it out to be.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless, I never thought I'd hear Samuel L. Jackson mention Reggie and Nintendo

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't think any official Nintendo translation could hold up compared to the fan translation.

I think the same, but it's more of a pride thing at this point. Too much time and effort was put into trying to bring Mother 3 outside Japan, we're talking years of petitions, fan art, fan music, and more all to get Nintendo to give us Mother 3.

I'm bookmarking this post to quote it after E3.

Then bookmark this too, I'll do a Shahadan if Mother 3 appears at E3.

For context:
qkMIdzM.png

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a joke thread. right? Geoff is clearly making fun of the Mother 3 crazies.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I can't even call this a reach or a stretch. Its clearly cross promo for Shaft and has barely anything to do with Nintendo or their games.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's not out of character for him to spoil stuff. Never forget when Geoff just dropped the pricing for Xbox One X, still the weirdest thing ever.

Molten_

Oct 28, 2017
The fan translation is perfect. We don't need treehouse's grubby hands touching it.

Ecks

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe I thought I was getting a cryptic hint to Mother 3 and instead got a bunch of kids who don't know Shaft.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo will probably put Mother 3 on the Switch online service in 8 years when they add GBA games to the service. It will only be the Japanese ROM and you'll need to read a machine translation of the game in the Switch mobile app.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Nintendo does have a placeholder entry on Amazon UK for a 3DS game...

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Advocating Piracy
Whoever hasn't played Mother 3 by now is a god damn stooge. Just download the rom, play the amazingly professional localization and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.