• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
FH4 is my first forza game and I have sunk a ton of hours into it on both one x and pc. On windows, this might be the most impressive game of the generation to me...4K60 on ultra dynamic render is very easy to attain and the HDR is a real "wow".

That being said, FH3 was the highest rated xbone exclusive until FH4 came around. Will I find enjoyment in that PC port or will I find myself comparing it to FH4 the whole time? The Australian location and hot wheels dlc looking interesting

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
3 is a really cool setting and still looks fantastic, even with Horizon 4 being around.

OP
OP
Lkr

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Well thanks for the quick replies...
Quarantine makes me miss driving IRL, looks like I'll have a new driving game to pass the time now

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
wish they would put this on Game Pass too (they dont do it due to licenses I imagine), only played a couple days because of a free weekend and loved the setting. Maybe I should just buy an used physical copy

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
In some ways Forza Horizon 3 seems like a more focused racing game. Forza Horizon 4 was like my quintessential chill out game, but I often felt like it lacked direction... Like I'd just go from race to race, and it was so seamless, but there didn't seem to be a hook/challenge/motivation.

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
Overall I like 4 more, but 3's map has a really fun full map race (Goliath Circuit) that makes it worth playing still imo.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, FH3 is amazing and worth playing. I would say the same for FH2, which is actually my favorite in the series.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I like 4 a lot, but Australia is such a fun map too. I started with FH2 and each one has been fantastic and still worth going back to. The old ones don't feel outdated, just different.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
I much prefer 3 over 4. The progression is much more streamlined and like that they made you try a variety of cars across the different race types. Im finally making my way thru FH 4 but it feels like a slog. was thinking of reinstalling FH3, especially as I've not experienced the X enhancements yet.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a much better game.

- Far better map with more variety.
- Progression system actually rewards racing and good results and not some F2P bullshit progression.
- No cosmetic pointless crap.

I would probably argue 3 is a contender for best racing game ever made. No idea how 4 got praised so much and did better critically, but then again I'm not even surprised given how critics don't know how to review racing games properly.

Oh yeah, Blizzard Mountain is the best Horizon DLC too, far better than any of 4's.

DJtal

Oct 30, 2017
Capetown / South Africa
Yes, I started the series with Forza Horizon 4. Knowing the chance for 3 to come to Game Pass was very slim I bought it digital very cheap at 8 euros. I don't regret it.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's just me but FH4 feels really bloated with a fuckton of stuff around the map. I don't remember feeling this way in FH3 and ended up uninstalling 4. It's been a while since I last played 3 and I really liked how friendly it was for the non-racing simulator players out there who have no idea what the customization means and just want a regular ass VolksWagen Beetle in S category and shit.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
They are all worth playing.

I liked Blizzard Mountain a lot more than Hot Wheels. Getting around the map in HW can be a real pain.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
FH2 is still absolutely worth playing, because each game drives so much of its identity from the landscapes. I actually like 2 more than 3.

Dec 15, 2017
FH3 was better than FH4 in everything's ng but PC optimization. Progression is a mess, rewards sucked and the city was boring.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
7Y1uejc.gif

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
FH3 base map is amazing and the both the dlc maps Blizzard Mountain and hot wheel are even better.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3 is better IMO. The map is outstanding and the soundtrack is awesome too. It's a vibe. Great game.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
I share the sentiment of other saying it's better in every way except graphics. I enjoyed the map, rewards, and surrounding festival elements much more than in 4.

Darren

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon 3 is still fantastic. It doesn't have some of the QOL improvements added in 4, but it is absolutely worth playing. The map is better then 4's and so is the DLC.

OP
OP
Lkr

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
It's currently running the first time load optimization on PC. Got it with the DLC, the fact that this is a games anywhere is just icing on the cake

Did this ever get any X enhancements?

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
They're all fantastic in their own way. Got FH4 with my Xbox One X in 2018 and I thought it made no sense to get previous games because I've experienced the best visuals from the series.

Hah. Last month I got the trilogy after seriously playing through 4 to "finish" it. Just finished FH1's final race last week and I'm now halfway through FH2's championships. Only played about 3 hours of FH3 so far but it felt very satisfying, especially with the whole "you're the boss" context.

I keep being surprised by how varied the atmosphere can be and how different the progression systems are. So far, I'd say FH4 had the weakest one.

Jump in for the completely different map for sure. It feels great to race through different environments, even 2 from 2014 can blow me away after 4.
5-6-2020-8-13-34-PM-ronzjtkc.png

Edit: Just seen your post above. Yes, FH 3 is X Enhanced to be 4K 30fps but unlike 4 it doesn't offer 1080p 60fps.

OP
OP
Lkr

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
They're all fantastic in their own way. Got FH4 with my Xbox One X in 2018 and I thought it made no sense to get previous games because I've experienced the best visuals from the series.

Hah. Last month I got the trilogy after seriously playing through 4 to "finish" it. Just finished FH1's final race last week and I'm now halfway through FH2's championships. Only played about 3 hours of FH3 so far but it felt very satisfying, especially with the whole "you're the boss" context.

I keep being surprised by how varied the atmosphere can be and how different the progression systems are. So far, I'd say FH4 had the weakest one.

Jump in for the completely different map for sure. It feels great to race through different environments, even 2 from 2014 can blow me away after 4.
5-6-2020-8-13-34-PM-ronzjtkc.png

Edit: Just seen your post above. Yes, FH 3 is X Enhanced to be 4K 30fps but unlike 4 it doesn't offer 1080p 60fps.
Thanks for providing this perspective...looks like I might be revisiting some older games as well
Game looks good on PC at 4k60 with ultra preset, I would say the biggest thing I notice is lack of hdr. Not sure if this got patched in on console or not, but playing 3 and 4 is a night and day example of HDR next time one of those "I can't tell the difference" threads pops up lol