• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Beyond bugs and glitches, the game is just incredibly unpolished, yes. Incredibly jarring to play this right after Death Stranding, which is one of the most polished games of the Gen.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
giphy.gif

If the only acceptable benchmark for a game being particularly unpolished is cherry-picked moments of pure ridiculousness, Fallen Order has those too.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I got lucky, can't say I ever ran into anything egregious or game breaking during my playthrough, though animations were a bit rough. Honestly it's one of the prettier AAA titles I've seen, and the hair (at least on PC) is some of the most impressive I've seen in a game, particularly from the ship pilot's character. Art style was really well realized across the various planets too, though there were some areas on Kashyyyk that were a bit spotty as for general environmental detail. Overall though it was a fun game and a welcome return to having a new proper sp SW game.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
It's definetly some of the worst I've ever played as far as polish goes, bugs of all kinds galore and so many mechanics feel clunky (especially anything related to movement) on top of looking weird animation wise.

That being said considering the game's focus (story) feels more than fine, I'd say other games have done their main focus worst (ie: Anthem). Still it's a shame the game was rushed as a couple more months of polish to make a 2020 release would have made a much better product (though likely less sales)

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
It was jarring as heck when a particular enemy chases you across gaps but every time it jumps it freezes in place like a T pose and after a split second starts to get back into animation when it hits the ground.

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
No. There have been far, far worse throughout the years. Fallen Order is unpolished and buggy, but it generally works. Lots of games do not get that far.

On PC, the stuttering was really bad until the most recent patch for me on mulltiple PC's. Very annoying.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I visited a planet today, and the level begins with my character in the water. A notification appeared at the top of the screen, saying "Swim boost".

Instead of telling me what button to press on the PS4 controller, it said "unbound". So I just floundered, clicking all the buttons to figure out how to swim fast.

giphy.gif

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Sharing these again from my playthrough on Pro and internal HDD.

Most glitchy AAA game that I played this year, for sure (and no, I didn't play Anthem)

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
did not had many bugs on one x but sure the game screams "unpolished" especially at animations, platforming at every turn.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anthem will always be the worst. Jedi is up there though and there's no way I'd buy it in its current state.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Honestly, I would call it a AA game. No multiplayer, no season passes, dlcs, etc.. From a major publisher yes, but it's lacking the major publisher hallmark content buildup and rollout.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
its trash cause you cant die in the tutorial?

Well, it's the first blunder I noticed that took me out of the game and let me 'peek behind the curtain', it was all downhill from there. My favorite is when the Space Goats hit the terrain wrong, they fly off into the athmosphere.

Biggest piece of AAA cinematic trash this year.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
It's quite unpolished yes, but c'mon, show some respect for Bethesda's field of expertise.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't have any of the issues that OP seemed to have. I thought the game was well-polished. I had no bugs, no technical hiccups that jarred me. Just really enjoyed playing the game!

Loved the last segments of the game.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
It definitely is. The entire game is actively trying to make you hate it with boneheaded decisions.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Didn't Skyrim on PS3 have a save glitch where the more you played, your save file kept getting bigger and bigger until eventually the game would lag and crash? You think Fallen Order tops that?

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I'm about 10 hours in on PC and I've not had a single bug or issue. I'm either incredibly lucky or am missing something here guys...

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing this on X1X and only started to experience freezing (which I assume the game is trying to load the next area) after the latest patch. It's starting to get on my nerves. I'm playing on internal, btw.

That said. No? Not when we have Bethesda games...

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The fact that the game is so derivative makes it worse too. When you're just copying/refining things we've already seen the trade off is supposed to be a highly polished end product.

You play this game and it's kind of baffling why it's so unpolished. A Bethesda open world game is buggy/janky as fuck but you can understand why to an extent.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I believe my game, or my PRO, is broken then.

almost no one had a experience as bad as mine, as i can see.

You're not the only one. Jedi ranks right up there with Just Cause 3 as the most unfinished/unpolished product I've played this generation.

Fallen Order is just so damn inconsistent on base PS4. The tutorial area looks and runs fine, and then you go to Bogano, and it's a slide show. The world looks so bland with stuttering and pop-in galore. You then got to Zeffo, and once again, it looks and runs pretty well. Your hopes are dashed when you land in Kashyyyk though. Kashyyyk has got to be one of the most unpolished levels this generation. It pretty much runs the gambit of glitches. Everything is here; texture pop in, character pop-in, game freezes, frame pacing issues, frame rate issues, whole backgrounds missing from levels. The list goes on.

Seeing as most people own base PS4s and X1s, this is a really poor showing for most console gamers. We got hosed on this one.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm about 10 hours in on PC and I've not had a single bug or issue. I'm either incredibly lucky or am missing something here guys...
My Steam count is at 32h, same thing...

I wonder why the PC version is so much better. More stable/better framerate, sure, I can understand. But the bugs? That shouldn't be platform dependent?

The fact that the game is so derivative makes it worse too.
Derivative? Can you name me those other Star Wars games like it please, I'd love more

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Didn't encounter a single bug on PC with almost 40 hours though I did have a few stutters and frame drops. On the other hand my friends with consoles had quite a few, nothing game breaking but a lot of annoying glitches and performance drops so it really seems to be a case of YMMV. For me JFO ended up being my GotY.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Yes for a game that isnt very ambitious at all its surprising how buggy it can be. Also the lack of effective patches is mind boggling as well. Im guessing EA is going to ditch the post game support on this since they cant sell it as a service

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I haven't played most of the infamous cases so yes, JFO is among the worst I've played in that regard. Andromeda would be a close second but at least that didn't have so many frame drops and pop in everywhere.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm surprised it barely got nicked in reviews for this when people lost their minds for similar issues in games like Days Gone, Fallout 76, Anthem, etc.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

I wonder why the PC version is so much better. More stable/better framerate, sure, I can understand. But the bugs? That shouldn't be platform dependent?

Derivative? Can you name me those other Star Wars games like it please, I'd love more

Star Wars is the just the art style and story of the game. The gameplay elements and structure are very clearly based almost entirely on other games with very little to differentiate itself, to the point where it feels like a disjointed mish mash of "ideas" at some points. As has been explained umpteen times in the OT everything is derivative to some extent by now but Fallen Order is on another level.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
No

Is era the most stupidly hyperbolic forum on the Internet?

Yes, absolutely.
Usually I would happily agree with this statement, but OP has a point.

Game was buggy as shit for me on a super powerful PC, so much jank. Every review I've seen mentions a lot of jank but the game is still great regardless; just not as polished as it should be.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Blows my mind theres so much pushback on this game yet not only have people given bethesda a pass on launching THE buggiest games in the triple A market, but also are awarded for it (minus Fo76).

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yes for a game that isnt very ambitious at all
Fallen Order is absolutely ambitious. Multiple planets which all, outside of the stormtroopers have completely different assets. Big unique set pieces for each planet. Non repeating boss fights. Balancing linear design with a focus on metroidvania inspired exploration ad a combat sandbox inspired by Dark Souls that also invokes the feeling of whenever a character in the films uses a lightsaber, Etc. And ofc, not being an iteration of something but being a game built by a new team at a studio not at all known for that type of title, it's very ambitious.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
It's not even the most unpolished day game this gen

however it is certainly the most glitchiest andbuggy linearsingle player game I've ever experienced

like seriously 3+ enemies on screen causes the game and textures to buckle

clearly rushed by ea

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No not even close, Anthem, for one and I played it on PS4 Pro as well and didnt run into a lot of bugs either.

The game as a whole needed about 6 more months but that team pulled off something incredibly difficult so my hats off to them.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This thread is making me feel bad for the folks who played on consoles. It was a really smooth and polished experience for me on PC.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Blows my mind theres so much pushback on this game yet not only have people given bethesda a pass on launching THE buggiest games in the triple A market, but also are awarded for it (minus Fo76).
Bethesda gets a ton of shit for their lack of polish. There aren't really that many people, from what I've seen, saying Fallen Order is a bad game because of its issues. I loved it, but I can love a game and still complain about it being rushed out to coincide with other Star Wars media releases when it clearly needed more time to clean up its technical problems.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Can absolutely be platform dependent, lots of possible reasons why. Hard to elaborate in a short forum post (boarding a plane) but YES, VERY lol