• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Is Exeggcute one or many? Is each egg (seed) an individual with their own feelings, dreams, ambitions or should we treat all the eggs as one entity with a variety of eggs.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's safe to assume that like Dugtrio every egg is a different personality.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
From Pokemon Sun:

Its six eggs use telepathy to communicate among themselves. It is believed to carry plant genes and the genes of other species.

And they're seeds not eggs.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
When you stop and think about it, this might be the most bizarre Pokemon of all time.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way that Alolan Exeggcutor is a single conscious being, with that long neck it must have two consciences, one in the head and one in the body. But I guess we'll never truly know until some heartless bastard cuts them down thinking mistaking them for a tree and we can examine their nervous system in detail

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Each egg is a unique individual, just like Dugtrio, Dodrio, Magneton, etc.

Research suggests that they hold voting sessions to determine how the overall body should act. I've heard Doduo votes can get quite violent due to the large frequency of deadlocks.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon are persons too.
b45.png

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Their Pokedex entries explicitly describe the heads each having their own wills, and they come to a consensus telepathically before acting. Their lines in Mystery Dungeon even have all three of them talking in sequence ("Let's go get 'em! I agree! I agree, too!").

skipperboy

Jan 24, 2019
So if each egg is an individual... does that mean there are multiple heartless formed when it's killed? Asking for a friend.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It's a collective that follows the same ideas, thoughts and opinions. Basically, it's ResetEggra.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
the only thing i know is that scrambled heads is his favourite food.
(please don't be mean with me)

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Whenever threads come about like this discussing the consciousness of Pokemon and whether they have awareness or something I pretty much have an eggsistential breakdown.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I like to think multi-headed Pokemon all share one brain, possibly split across multiple physical locations, but express various feelings through individual heads.

OP
OP

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Eggs-cuse me people! Let's all keep the egg yolks to a minimum please. People scrambling in to poach a perfectly good discussion about a special pokemon... Its a really rotten thing to do. I'm boiling over with anger. I hate to issue threats but if you yolkers don't eggs-it I'm gonna have to beat you runny... You should be terri-fried.

Maybe I need to bury the hatch-it. On the sunny side, some people did crack up at the yolks.. Ok. Omlettin' it slide this time. I think i'm just up tight. I haven't been laid in a while.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Eggs-cuse me people! Let's all keep the egg yolks to a minimum please. People scrambling in to poach a perfectly good discussion about a special pokemon... Its a really rotten thing to do. I'm boiling over with anger. I hate to issue threats but if you yolkers don't eggs-it I'm gonna have to beat you runny... You should be terri-fried.

Maybe I need to bury the hatch-it. On the sunny side, some people did crack up at the yolks.. Ok. Omlettin' it slide this time. I think i'm just up tight. I haven't been laid in a while.

I agree. If we really egg eachother on I think we can crack this.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
So it's six eggs that are really seeds and not eggs? O_o

yes

From Red And Blue:
Often mistaken for eggs. When disturbed, they quickly gather and attack in swarms.

Ruby and Sapphire
This Pokémon consists of six eggs that form a closely knit cluster. The six eggs attract each other and spin around. When cracks increasingly appear on the eggs, Exeggcute is close to evolution.

Fire Red
Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds.

Diamond/Pearl & Black/White
Its six eggs converse using telepathy. They can quickly gather if they become separated.

Y
Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds.