• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Considering watching this on D+ with my partner but I need to know if its worth it after the first 3 episodes or something (thats when we usually drop off) and if it gets better further down. I dont even remember the original. I dont watch new cartoons in general (last cartoons I watched and enjoyed were Avatar, TMNT 2003, Justice League Unlimited) but the intro for this made me excited.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
I honestly didn't care for it very much.
Animation kinda threw me off and I much preferred the old designs.

If you're into cartoons and your time is scarce I would recommend amphibia over the DuckTales reboot all day.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the first season decently well (very charming characters and animation) but I sort of lost interest after starting season 2.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
ya4BCmL.gif

Haven't seen it myself, but everything I've seen it's pretty damn good.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Better than the original, except what they did to Doofus

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I never watched season 3 but will one day because yes it's one of the better cartoons made the last decade.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's extremely good.

Their version of Glomgold is possibly one of my favorite characters in anything ever.

"How did you know it was me?"
"It's always you."
"AND IT ALWAYS WILL BE! BWAHAHAHAHA!"

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
As someone who has never seen the original show so has no nostalgia for it. Ducktales 2017 is great. Great cast of characters consistently clever and funny some good emotional beats as well.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
I watched it with my daughter and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. We still talk about it.

Also, the moon theme makes me tear up now.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
It is very good. So is Gravity Falls and Owl House if you haven't watched them. The only issue with Ducktales is that Season 1 is out of order on D+.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the original a lot and think this surpassed it in most ways. Great watch

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Echoing the general sentiment, YES. This show is way better than it has any right to be. The creators tip their caps to the original show, the comics, the video games, the Disney Afternoon in ways that work so well while letting 2017 be its own thing. I think I like every character in this show better than their original (for Huey Dewey and Louie this isn't hard), especially Webby and Glomgold.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking incredible, and the fact Disney killed it (and the Darkwing Duck spinoff) so that Seth Rogen could make what will inevitably turn out to be a way dumber Darkwing Duck is some kind of fucking crime.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
It's so good. On top of the comedy it has some really delightful storytelling too.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking incredible, and the fact Disney killed it (and the Darkwing Duck spinoff) so that Seth Rogen could make what will inevitably turn out to be a way dumber Darkwing Duck is some kind of fucking crime.
Wait what
I was wondering what's happening with Darkwing after the several (great) backdoor pilots
It got canceled?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what
I was wondering what's happening with Darkwing after the several (great) backdoor pilots
It got canceled?

Frank Angones and the whole DuckTales 2017 team have gone their separate ways as a result of the way Disney handled/ended the original show. There is a new Darkwing Duck reboot being worked on for D+ by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg that has been confirmed to have no connection to the Darkwing established and piloted in DT2017.