• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Baltimore Musician

• Dru Hill

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Sisqo

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Frank Zappa

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Mario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Amos

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Billie ‘Doc’ Holiday

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We all know and love Dru Hill, but my question is, are they the best? Or would you put Sisqo's solo career ahead of the Dru Hill discography? Where does Frank Zappa fit in to all this? How about Mario with his huge hit "Just a Friend"... does that factor into the discussion or is he just a one hit wonder? Tori Amos wasn't born in B'more but she moved there as a child, does she count?

For my money, I'd definitely say that Dru Hill is the best Baltimore based act. What's era's take?

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Will have to give those a listen. Not sure they can compare to 5 Steps and We're Not Making Love No More though.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I struggle to easily come up with many songs for Dru Hill.

I got "sleeping in my bed" and the more famous "sleeping in my bed so so def remix"
Though to be fair that's pretty much the case for all of them. Technically sisqo wins being that he's his own category plus in Dru Hill.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
"How deep is your love" is one of my all time favorite songs, so sure, Dru Hill it is.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
Mario had "Let me love you" too

From that list I only heard Dru, Sisqo and Mario... So I'd have to go with Dru

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I struggle to easily come up with many songs for Dru Hill.

I got "sleeping in my bed" and the more famous "sleeping in my bed so so def remix"

Both great songs. Jermaine Dupri and Da Brat killed that track. Makes me miss Da Brat. Whatever happened to her?

Other great Dru Hill songs include How Deep Is Your Love, Never Make a Promise, You are Everything, etc

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
8l2Coys.gif

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Future Islands (my actual fav band) and Dan Deacon both come to mind when I think of Baltimore:

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
love her but isn't she from South Carolina or something? Too lazy to bing it
No, she was born in Philly but raised in Baltimore. She's a Bmore native for sure. I see her statue a lot when I'm around that area. Sad and ironic that she had a bad heroin addiction and the area where her statue is, is where a lot of H is sold.

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, she was born in Philly but raised in Baltimore. She's a Bmore native for sure. I see her statue a lot when I'm around that area. Sad and ironic that she had a bad heroin additional and the area where her statue is, is where a lot of H is sold.
the more you know. I'll try and add her to the poll. She's a solid 2 behind Dru Hill in this case

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dawg, Doc Holliday is a different person, a white man, and not a singer. It's just Billie Holliday.

I know. Was just giving a shout to the pitcher. Billie Holiday is in my music in my phone. She's great. Doesn't mean we can't honor the great pitcher at the same time in the poll. She got a late start so she needs all the help she can get.

Grey Stuff

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, should probably be Billie Holiday but my favorite is Animal Collective

I'm also gonna rep Polkadot Cadaver even tho they're from Rockville