• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
With the way its priced now I'd say its worth getting. Getting access to higher tier creatures is comparable to SMT. Gameplay can be a bit repetitive though. I don't know if the online still has players to face still.

Locust Star

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
What was the official reason for this game being delisted? And do they plan to bring it back again?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's fun enough, if a little too slow overall. I expect the new one they're working on to be really special though, just because it's not tied to a handheld anymore and Media.Vision has a really solid base to build on.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It takes a while to get going, but I really enjoyed finding broken ways to build obscenely strong Digimon towards the end.

Great OST and art as well.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
What was the official reason for this game being delisted? And do they plan to bring it back again?
No reason given publicly, although a few people reached out to Bamco's customer service and got semi-conflicting answers. (One said copyright, another just said it was old.)

There's rumors of Hacker's Memory coming to Switch, and the PS4 version came bundled with the original game in Japan, so... maybe?

timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019
It's the definition of C-tier to me. Not bad and the digievolving mechanics are great but writing comes off as ehh and gameplay's depth doesn't match length. Probably could call it a hidden gem if it were better in ether department.

Locust Star

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
No reason given publicly, although a few people reached out to Bamco's customer service and got semi-conflicting answers. (One said copyright, another just said it was old.)

There's rumors of Hacker's Memory coming to Switch, and the PS4 version came bundled with the original game in Japan, so... maybe?

Thanks. I hope it make it back on PSN, it's really dumb and sad if it's gone forever.

Nov 14, 2017
Thanks. I hope it make it back on PSN, it's really dumb and sad if it's gone forever.
I saw one post that suggested the reason it's gone from PSN is because Bamco's western divisions didn't realize that Hacker's Memory didn't come with Cyber Sleuth in the west. Supposedly CS was pulled in Japan too, but nobody over there is missing out because they have the 2-in-1 package.

Dunno how much truth is in that theory, though.

Oct 26, 2017
Funny you should ask when Hacker's Memory has been seemingly leaked for Switch. Just wait for that since there's a good chance IMO of it including both games as the PS4 version did in Japan.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Both CS and HM are worth playing even if you have played the other. You'll get to appreciate the changes they made to the combat too.

At that price, it's an easy recommendation.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I really didn't enjoy it at all. But it seems like a game that largely depends on your personal tastes. If you don't mind super Japanese aesthetics, generally enjoy anime, play a lot of turn based RPGs, don't mind slow and repetitive gameplay and enjoy raising monsters it might be for you.

It is no Pokemon alternative. It is entirely its own thing.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Reminded me of my old digimon days and I liked the game going in with zero expectations. Not sure if I want to check out HM since the original was p long.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
One of the better SMT games out there. Was surprised how close it looked to SMT: Tokyo Mirage Sessions which I played around the same time, really liked both games.

Big budget Cyber Sleuth 2 please!

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it on Vita Basil. There is several things to like about it including the artstyle, and the turn based combat. If im remembering correctly it is setup similar to how Trails of Heroes works with 3 Digimon parties. Correct me if im wrong anybody, it has been a long while since ive played Cyber Sleuth.

The environments you play in is kind of bland, the evolutions are confusing, and the story was boring enough for me to quit before finishing it.

Its not a bad game, and its actually one of the better Digimon games, but it is far from being great. Just an average game in my opinion, and im a big Digimon fan.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Funny you should ask when Hacker's Memory has been seemingly leaked for Switch. Just wait for that since there's a good chance IMO of it including both games as the PS4 version did in Japan.

Only reason it came packed in with the Japan release is because the OG game didnt release on PS4 there only the Vita

One of the better SMT games out there. Was surprised how close it looked to SMT: Tokyo Mirage Sessions which I played around the same time, really liked both games.

Big budget Cyber Sleuth 2 please!

New Story game should be announced soon, maybe E3 hopefully

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Yes. Loved it. It is my favorite Digimon game. Was never too fond of the old ones. Although, as some pointed out, the music is very limited and gets boring quickly.