• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the twin brother of the guy who plays Jughead considers it a personal honor that he gets to be in Kingdom Hearts, I'm sure they're mostly fine with it.

Awesome. I'll see you in there.

Eh thats different. Both the Sprouse brothers are huge gamers (have even commentated on Smash Bros and wanted to go pro with it lol). I can't imagine that same passion is placed in Riverdale lore.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Tried watching a few episodes with some cousins a ways back and it was completely incomprehensible. But I appreciated that they know what they are and are just going for it.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I stopped watching this show a while ago but can someone answer me this?

didn't one episode end on Jughead and his dad not being let into Riverdale
and then the next episode just didn't acknowledge that and it was as if it never happened??

did that actually happen or am I misremembering?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Riverdale-Archie-and-the-Red-Circle.jpg

Is that a super villain gang or a BDSM orgy?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Why is seemingly everything teenager, moppy or embarrassing somehow akin to anime? Don't people watch normal television or movies? Don't they know what goths are? Didn't they listen to MCR? The japanese are not the sole producers of awkward teens.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why is seemingly everything teenager, moppy or embarrassing somehow akin to anime? Don't people watch normal television or movies? Don't they know what goths are? Didn't they listen to MCR? The japanese are not the sole producers of awkward teens.

This show isn't anime because it's awkward. It's anime because it's insanely over the top and constantly seeks to exceed itself.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think its less the cringiness and more the outlandishness.

Like all of these plot lines read like Narita series like Durarara or Baccano

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Thos thread is kinda convincing me to watch Riverdale out of sheer curiosity.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Betty (16 in the show) doing a striptease to a bar of gang members, her boyfriend, & her boyfriend's dad... to mad world.

All the cheers are so bad, the cherry bomb cheer is just more hyper sexualization of what are suppose to be high school kids.

Good god is that how Lili got roped into starring in Hustlers?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good god is that how Lili got roped into starring in Hustlers?

Lmao I made the same joke to my friends

Allow me to introduce you to

The hell lol

I need to know what this is and which episode it happens in... for research.

Archie forms a group that's meant to deal with the serial killer that's terrorizing the town. They're called the Red Circle.

Season 2, Episode 3

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Riverdale is definitely peak Trainwreck TV. Can't look away, even though you really want to.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Every time I walk in on my wife watching this show I have a thousand questions and absolutely cannot believe the answers.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, none of this sounds as stupid as someone yelling that they won't wear a mask in Costco because they're not a fucking sheep. I liked season 1. Just never got around to following-up on later seasons. Maybe it's time?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I fell off Riverdale around the mid-season 2 hiatus because my brain was bad about catching up. But every single thing I hear about it since, while spoilers usually bother me, just makes me want to feel some of that wild bullshit energy again.

This situation goes on long enough, I'll finally cave.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over the comic book vigilantes thing even as it became relatively normal. Because it's not even just that they did it and recorded that goofy shirtless YouTube video, it's that they also used the comic name. It'd be like if Archie came up to the rest of them and said "We'll threaten this serial killer because... we're the Justice League!!!", and the other wrestlers went "sure thing, bro".

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend watches this show, so I've seen an episode here and there. This show is fucking insane in the later seasons. I don't even know why they use the Archie characters, this shit is so far removed from those comics it's straight hilarious lol.

Last edited:

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Getting reminiscent n this thread got me back to finishing up this season (fell off around ep 6 or so).

Just did Locked Room and... this arc has been legitimately thrilling, like I'm shocked.

*edit* oh now it's the obligatory musical episode

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Such a shame they wasted a good concept and Kiernan Shipka
Losing the comic for the show hurts a lot. And I was super hyped for the show.

Have you ever watched mexican or brazilian soap operas? "Anime" stuff is actually not exclusive to anime; quirky, insanely over the top "dramatic" writing is inherent to all mediums and countries.