• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

One of the worst songs of all time?

• Yes

Votes: 280 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 569 67.0%

• Total voters

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
My personal worst song of all time is "I will always love you" by withney Houston.

But yeah, Cotton eye Joe is also terrible. And you couldn't escape it at the time...

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
It certainly has the worst album art of all time

61BIylKOLGL._SX355_.jpg

Type O Negative's 'Origin of the Feces' wants a word.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
It's very cheesy but I've not yet been to a wedding or birthday where people don't get up and start doing 3rd rate country dancing when it comes on.

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
Having been forced to endure cotton-eyed-joe in Irish nightclubs through much of the mid-late 'noughties, I would say, yes, it is one of the worst.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
I would imagine that the "worst song of all time" wouldn't be one people make threads about many years after its debut. So, no, it clearly isn't the worst song of all time.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
talking about "shitty" 90's euro-techno and no mention of Zig and Zag?

www.youtube.com

Zig and Zag - Hands Up, Hands Up

The video for Zig and Zag's second single, released in Summer 1995. The track was produced by REDNEX and the video is a homage to the robo-Western classic '...

Edit: "this track was produced by Rednex", this makes so much sense...

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The song about fast food chains is worse.

McDonald's
McDonald's
Kentucky fried chicken and a pizza hut

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shitty, gimmicky version of a great song. I could pick any random modern pop song and find it worse.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but this band is Aussie pub rock royalty. Plus their songs were often meaningful and very political. This song in particular is about the forcible removal of an ancient first nations group of people from their homeland. Still played on Aussie radio and covered by other bands.
Yes

And this is one of the worst ResetEra posts of all time.
You are an idiot. Go educate yourself before making such claims.
You seriously think Beds Are Burning is one of the worst songs all the time? Why?

Thank god for the sanity on display. I saw that initial post and thought I'd wandered into the Bad-Take Universe.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
From the same era, I present this instead. Which is ashamedly the first single I ever bought, because Flat Beat by Mr. Oizo was out of stock, and I didn't want to go home from Woolworths empty-handed.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
This just pop tat and it knows it. Its awful but it's not trying to be anything but what it is.

The real turgid guff is anything that takes itself seriously and actually has fans who mistakenly think it's good - for example - anything by Muse.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
It's bad but to put it in that category of awfulness is wrong.

Jasup

Oct 25, 2017
Yurop
Or the same Swede playing a Mexican singing a Russian song?
I honestly genuinely enjoy these songs together with the videos, as horrible as they are haha.

[

Let's not forget the same Swede playing a Scot singing whatever

I... I didn't know the rabbit hole went that deep
90's eurodance. The question is not how deep the rabbit hole goes, it's are you willing to go that deep.

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Shiiit, we need a Netflix documentary series on 90s Eurodance.

Some of these acts are still selling out 90s parties here (even with a new line-up), some are completely forgotten.

Oct 25, 2017
Newcastle, UK
I think the worst songs are the ones that don't even come to mind because they're so boring, bland and derivative. The reason bands like like Nickelback get so much hate. If it gets stuck in your head and you can tap your foot to it, even if its annoying as sin, at least it has something going for it. Boring music is more offensive to me than tacky or cheesy.