• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SEATLiens

Aug 28, 2019
Seattle
Moonmoon aka John Souls is the best streamer on the platform

For non gaming I enjoy Hasanabi and KennyBeats.

Last edited:

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cohh is wonderful; certainly one of my favorites.

Shoutout to Trihex. Wonderful blend of high skill gameplay, excellent engagement with the viewers, innovative ideas, etc.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Cohn is great but I get tired of all the sub call outs and sound effects and what not. He plays a lot of RPGs which I appreciate.

My favorite streamer is Vinesauce. No facecam, doesn't call out bits or subs or anything. Just plays the game and interacts with chat. And he plays a very wide range of games, which is good because I'm not really into streamers that play the same thing. Variety streamers are best. Other streamers I like are Limmy, Northerlion, Dan Gheesling, Michaelalfox, Coney, Criken, and Jerma.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a ton of great streams unfortunately some of them are really small, I support them as much as I can just wish they could get more audience. There are some really great bigger streams as well.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
What's unique about Cohh is that his community and chat is extremely welcoming and non-toxic for how large of a streamer he is. His existence dismantles the "it's impossible to avoid toxicity in the community when you get to a certain viewcount" bullshit that some morons like xQc were peddling.

I don't find him very entertaining but I do like the variety of games he plays, cool to see a big streamer that regularly plays CRPGs.

Oct 27, 2017
aa4.jpg

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I fell off watching cohh after catching one of his streams where the topic of supporting Chick-fil-A came up where he says he still goes there despite knowing about their bad reputation, his reasoning being that all corporations have a bad side and boycotting would leave him with nowhere to shop.

Not to mention his complete radio silence regarding any bad press that CD project garners while signal boosting all their pr hype is pretty disappointing.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
I just wanted to list some chill and fun black streamers who could use more love:

Trihex
GamingEthos
AfroSenju
CoryxKenshin
UtxJgthedon
Jazzyguns
Theblackhokage
Macaiyla
Samora
Tpain
Doubletoasted(more of a podcast crew but good vibes)
Datadave
Shofu
Utxdaproph3cy

And if you want a black crew who gets hyped a lot playing anime games and fighting games(which means at times they get loud):

RDCWorldgaming

Hrothgar

Nov 6, 2017
I find Cohh to be the ultimate vanilla streamer. Unoffensive and just there. Which is fun sometimes, but also can get tiring. I do enjoy his podcasts with ItsMeJP though.

I like the group that plays with JackFrags and him of course. Westie, Aculite, Stone Mountain and Tactical Brit. LevelCap is a great one too. I get that these guys aren't all mega popular and at the forefront, but they should be...very chill and fun to listen to.

Stodeh getting snubbed here, outrageous.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
a couple of years ago, maybe. but like half his streams are paid for these days.

still fun to watch when he does long playthroughs of games or franchises noone else will play, but best streamer? no.

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
I enjoy his game playthroughs and also the fact he throws some more obscure/less popular titles in there. I'm also a big fan of him appreciating how hard his mod team work and having a dedicated Mod day once a month to sort of reward them.

Only others I regularly tune into are ManVSGame and TheRunningManz.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Besides Vtubers I'd recommend Jerma.
Dude is fucking hilarious and the interactions with his chat results into some top tier content

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's okay but this is all personal preference. My vote goes to Lirik. his variety in games, humor, etc. is all very entertaining for me.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I generally prefer Youtube oriented, episodic Let's Plays -- my favorites are Laila Dyer and Keith Ballard.

Just a note for you to try ChristopherOdd if you haven't already. Fantastic YT lets plays and he streams on Twitch. Proper chill guy, very thorough usually when playing games, reading the lore, getting into the story etc.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I like Cohh. He's not my favorite let's player but I've watched a ton of his streams over the years. He plays pretty much everything and is good at games, so it's never a bad watch.

I generally prefer Youtube oriented, episodic Let's Plays -- my favorites are Laila Dyer and Keith Ballard.

John Wolfe is pretty good if you want Youtube let's plays.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Just a note for you to try ChristopherOdd if you haven't already. Fantastic YT lets plays and he streams on Twitch. Proper chill guy, very thorough usually when playing games, reading the lore, getting into the story etc.
Yup, I'm subbed to ChristopherOdd as well!

John Wolfe is pretty good if you want Youtube let's plays.
I used to be subbed to John Wolfe, but I am not anymore. No major issue, I just wasn't particularly interested in most of the games he covered.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Lethalfrag is the most chill and professional streamer there is. The guy is surreal with how laid back and chill his streams are. No notifications no alerts no anything . He has built his channel up in a very unique way. He even takes breaks to tell people to stretch etc. He doesn't do sponsored streams or anything like that. Dude is truly unique on twitch.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I think Lirik is the most chill, at least for me. Doing what he does to get his view count without a cam is rare.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
ChristopherOdd is pretty good, he's not childish but not boring and quite interesting, and his videos aren't interrupted with chat alerts and interactions while he's playing. Markiplier's earlier stuff was really good especially since he's very good at games, but since he got this editor his stuff became terrible.

Sep 14, 2018
I like him, though I don't really watch him. I remember that he looooved Persona 5 after going in with a negative view on it/the genre and jrpgs.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I just wanted to list some chill and fun black streamers who could use more love:

Doubletoasted(more of a podcast crew but good vibes)

And if you want a black crew who gets hyped a lot playing anime games and fighting games(which means at times they get loud):

RDCWorldgaming

Co-signing these. DT's gaming podcast blows but their movie and TV stuff is incredible. And RDC is easily my favorite streaming group on Twitch.

DSoup

Oct 28, 2017
London
I think it's because he's the only adult in a sea full of screaming, try hard manchildren. Are there any streamers out there that aren't completely obnoxious and downright annoying?

There are a lot of good YouTubers but because they're not trying to appeal to the basest broad appeal with profanity, insults and jumping on anything that is new, regardless of whether its interesting, they'll rarely get that acclaim.

A YouTuber I've followed for quite a few years is the Brit ManyATrueNerd, who attained some brief internet fame for his Fallout 3/New Vegas (and recently Fallout 4) You Only Live Once (no heal) runs but I've found his coverage of RTS, RPG and more mainstream genres to be genuinely interesting and entertaining - and well edited to remove the uninterested filler portions of some games.

cametall

Oct 27, 2017
LethalFrag is very chill. He mostly plays games like Spelunky, Risk of Rain, Hades - those really difficult indie games/roguelikes. But he's very chill, enjoyable to watch, and has a friendly community.

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
VaatiVidya a predominantly souls streamer is pretty relaxed.

I'm not a fan of the screaming streamers, I just don't have the patience. RadBrad is probably my limit and he's quite reserved compared to many.

The likes of Dashie etc I can't tolerate. The most annoying person I've ever come across is W2S.

Last edited:

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
TBH, I also used to like ChristopherOdd, but ever since he went full-time youtube, I think is quality has dropped. It always feels like he rushes his games now. Like, I remember him never listening to the conversations that would happen in Red Dead Redemption 2 or the new God of War that happened between companions while traveling (i.e. the stories told while on the boat in God of War) because he was always in rush to get to his destination which sucked because they were nice. I also remember him pissing me off with his choice on the "decision" at the end of Red Dead Redemption 2. Now, everyone is entitled to play the game they want, but I watched Odd because he typically plays the good guy/person (or at least what he felt was good based on what he noticed) and did that most of Red Dead 2... just to take the "evil" route simply because "it's just a prequel, it doesn't matter what I chose" which isn't something i remember him doing in his early days - he would have just kept the "good" route because it was good.

I actually don't mind Markiplier... as long as you can get him live or watch his old videos. His new stuff has all that stupid special effects crap and it's like night and day when i watch a you tube video after seeing the same thing live.

I've started watching Jacksepticeye and he seems decent. His recent videos (i.e. the mile morales spider man) wasn't too bad and even lacked the annoying "top of the morning to ya laddies" intro he had (which iirc he said he only did because he was tired of people not believing he was Irish or something like that).

Another Youtuber I would watch is FightinCowboy for his walkthroughs which I've found helpful. He livestreams as well, but I find the youtube videos are better. From the few livestreams i see, he seems to get a few trolls who like to rile him up.

However, none of these are really small youtubers and now that I'm working from home, I think I will like to check out some of the names listed here as background noise.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't consider Cohh the best but i also don't watch much twitch. I watch him and the podcast he's on, Day9 a few other MTG streamers and that's about it and even that that i only watch a few hours a week. I share the same taste as Cohh which is a huge part of why i like him. He turned me onto Outward, Kenshi, Rimworld etc. and that's why he will always gets my prime sub.

Oct 27, 2017
I know they're both way more famous for their YouTube content, but I have recently started watching Vaati and FightinCowboy on Twitch. They have both been streaming Demon's Souls there, alongside make YouTube content. Both are a pretty chill watch.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
I've tuned into some of his streams but he is boring as hell. Also a huge hypocrite on certain things. Has he talked about cyber punk transphobia at all or is the check too good?

Dec 23, 2017
Cohh is more of a variety marketer at this point. I appreciate his eurojank streams, but in general he's very both sides, devoid of contentious opinion which I just dislike.

Vinesauce would probably be my vote for most chill variety streamer, but he's up very late at night for the US so most people can't tune in. If I had to vote for a generic best it would probably be MoonMoon. Sure he can yell at times, but that's situational and not being a react streamer, he also has actual opinions and stances he's will to take.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Joseph Anderson is a great streamer. His Xenoblade Chronicles 2 playthrough is one of the only full let's play I have watched in recent years.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Max and the Yo!VG crew deserve more attention in this thread btw. Kenny is a great streamer, Simmons is good for old school JRPGs, and Steve is...lol. They're all great.

Oct 29, 2017
Put me down for Lirik as well. I like how chill he is, he's genuinely funny, laid back, plays a variety of things and is pretty decent at all types of games. Seems like a good dude. If he's on, and Im wanted to watch a stream, that's where I go. If he isn't - shortyyguy, Cohh, itsmeJP, Max, ManVSGame are all there as well.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
There is this small streamer called VSNZ representing the Filipino community that is super chill and friendly, also he has some mad skills in BR games. Don't get him wrong for playing with DrDisrespect in the past (Doc helped him a lot), he's always playing with trans people which is something super cool.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Co-signing these. DT's gaming podcast blows but their movie and TV stuff is incredible.
They're just afraid of upsetting the gaming community because they aren't as informed when it comes to the topic and they know how passionate some can be. They give decent takes from a casual perspective.

Appreciate the co-sign. I always hear people complain or argue back and forth about the popular white side of streaming and I'm just thinking "have any of you tried to give streamers of other races a chance?" It's not just black either as I also found cool Hispanic, middle eastern and Asian streaming communities(like OTV) that are full of chill people with fun and different takes. Plus they're less likely to end up secretly supporting hateful messaging years from now like I unfortunately see happen quite a bit with the popular white ones.

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
He's definitely up there in terms of variety, having a consistent schedule and u kno, not being a dick, but I prefer smaller communities where there aren't thousands upon thousands of messages in chat that you can't keep up with. So I watch Cohh, but would like to highlight these streamers and their communities:

ThatBronzeGirl
Pikachulita
Storymodebae
Cupahnoodle
BGG

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
They're just afraid of upsetting the gaming community because they aren't as informed when it comes to the topic and they know how passionate some can be. They give decent takes from a casual perspective.

Appreciate the co-sign. I always hear people complain or argue back and forth about the popular white side of streaming and I'm just thinking "have any of you tried to give streamers of other races a chance?" It's not just black either as I also found cool Hispanic, middle eastern and Asian streaming communities(like OTV) that are full of chill people with fun and different takes. Plus they're less likely to end up secretly supporting hateful messaging years from now like I unfortunately see happen quite a bit with the popular white ones.

Oh for sure. I went looking for black streamers as soon as I started looking at Twitch seriously. Also worth checking out are Black Girl Gamers, Storymodebae, PikaChulita, and ZombaeKillz. Like you say, finding out a streamer you like had a racist past gets old so it's always easier to look into POC and women.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, Cohh was great a few years ago, but ever since he got a more prominent role within Twitch he's got this weird persona going where people need to watch their language, and half the time he responds to people as if they're five years old. He has the tendency to pretend as though he really knows the ins and outs of the development of certain games and refuses to discuss some of the major issues, whether it's about Twitch's handling of some situations, CDPR, and many more. He's considered one of the big guys out there on Twitch but refuses to use his position to do anything, just look at that so-called safety council he's a part of. Oh, and let's not forget the Kickstarter he started for his failed project and ended up simply stating, "Hey, we failed but spent all your money so no refunds!" (which, considering the amount of money he makes is kind of ridiculous). The way how he avoids talking about any serious topic makes him a great PR tool for Twitch as the perfect example of a 'kid-friendly' streamer.

I still watch him every once in a while though cause he tends to get early access for games that I'm interested in but that's about it. It's similar to Dansgaming, nowadays he's also way less outspoken on issues than he used to be.

I only actively watch a few streamers nowadays:

- Elajjaz, used to be a hardcore Souls speedrunner, now has become more of a variety streamer with the occasional speedruns.
- Distortion2, speedrunner;
- Gunnermaniac, speedrunner of Pokémon games
- The_Happy_Hob, famous for his no-hit runs of games such as Oblivion, Resident Evil, Fallen Order, and the Souls series.
- Quill18, really fun guy to watch who's constantly playing all kinds of (grand) strategy games

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Of course he is not the best streamer. No one streamer is ever the "best". The thread titles these days...

Always found Cohh to be a completely flavorless streamer. I can understand his appeal as a "proto big bro gamer dude", but I never found him to express anything interesting or meaningful about the games he play.

I still enjoy EpicNameBro for Soulsborne content despite him starting to run on fumes. He got some interesting points and is quite critical about game design.

I also like German Spy's streams. He a very chatty guy who interacts a lot with his audience. Usually plays a variety of Souls, RPGs and lesser known stuff.