• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I took to watch some guy named "fighting cowboy" at times.
He does a lot of Souls lets play, and has an incredibly soothing and calming voice.
With very few exceptions he is also very chill, and seeing him react "oh yeah. I died painfully" in his chillest voice is hilarious.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Cohh is the only streamer I've returned to several times. His tastes and my tastes tend to overlap a fair bit in the CRPG arena, and he often plays stuff that more of the big streamers won't touch. I like how chill he is, but I do also think he is a bit too much of a "both sides" person at times. He shuts down rude stuff in his chat, but he gives oxygen to some people he probably shouldn't just in the name of appearing neutral. But it could be way, way worse.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My top two are Vinesauce and Jerma. Vinny strikes a good balance of chill/goofy and Jerma is hilarious but his chat is extremely obnoxious.
I can barely stand Vinny's chat nowadays because it's just "Jerma Jerma Jerma". It's so fucking annoying to go into a stream and all the chat talks about is another streamer that you don't watch and wasn't brought up by the one you're watching.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cohh is in the handful of streamers I watch basically him, Maximilian Dood, Nyxipuff, Runebee, 39daph, eajpark, and aceu.

I probably wouldn't call him the best though.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, my favorite would probably be ProtonJon these days. Variety streamer who's generally just very cool.

And TheJewker is a very close second.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
MANvsGAME gets a little loud sometimes, but more in playful way. He openly promoted Biden during the election phase - which outside of political streamers like Hasan is unheard of - and said that he is done caring for his place in the Twitch community following its #metoo movement, since clearly there are a lot of rotten apples. He is a respectable person.

Ellajjaz is a really chill streamer and Dark Souls speedrun legend. You won't find him insulting chat like a lot of streamers do. His chat is borderline, but still bearable.
Yeah, I enjoy both of these, and I'm barely ever on Twitch. I generally just login when I hear that a friend or a friend of a friend is streaming.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
in the english speaking gaming category you mean?i don't know (and what does that mean "best streamer" ?)

because there are a lot of awesome streamers in music category.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if there's necessarily a "best streamer" but yeah Cohh is definitely one of my favorites to watch. He plays a little bit of everything, he's always really positive and friendly, and overall just a joy to watch no matter what he's playing.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I enjoy watching Shroud. A competitive FPS gamer that is laid back, taking losses as just part of the game. The guy just does not get tilted.

With all streamers I keep the chat turned off. I don't need to see that.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Cohh's probably my favorite streamer for a number of reasons, but I dunno if I'd say he's objectively the best streamer. And hey, screaming try-hard manchildren have their place too.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
No, it's Gura.

The Hololive girls (and Holostars boys) are my favorites. They actually made me switch to watching streams on youtube and even had me watching a bunch of Minecraft, which is a game I never cared about. The good their streams did for me is hard to put into words. I never imagined watching streams could do this to me.

Never cared about Vtubers before either.
This is the true answer. Before falling into the abyss that is Hololive, I was watching Maximilian, Summit, and Aris on the daily. Now, dropped Summit, and I'm catching a Maximilian or Aris stream maybe once or twice every other week.

Hololive is just too damn entertaining, I can't stop watching. Send help.
*high five!*

noodlesoup

Feb 21, 2018
Chicago, IL
My favorite veteran streamers are Lirik and Dansgaming. They don't indulge in drama, are pretty mature, and bring variety to the table.

My favorite "new" streamers are Hasan and 39daph. Relatable, funny, and always a good time to watch them.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
He's a really nice guy. Unfortunately with the whole dmca thing I can no longer watch his vods. YouTube just isn't the same since chat is missing. My personal favorites are elajjaz and dansgaming

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
I can barely stand Vinny's chat nowadays because it's just "Jerma Jerma Jerma". It's so fucking annoying to go into a stream and all the chat talks about is another streamer that you don't watch and wasn't brought up by the one you're watching.

There's definitely some crossover between fandoms so that makes sense, and yeah I definitely notice that. It hasn't bothered me too terribly much but yeah I can see why it would.

I will say that Vinny's chat has been heavy on the emote spam lately ever since Vinny started adding more BTTV emotes to his channel and that's gotten real old real fast.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Used to enjoy Cohh until I noticed he seems incredibly fake and repetitive with his various reactions. Always the same faces he makes and doesn't seem as genuine with chat. Just my impressions.

I enjoy DansGaming a lot more these days, much more chill and laid back. Fun to listen to regardless what he's playing.

Oct 27, 2017
Well I find TimTheTatman funniest but he mainly just streams COD so that loses points

Lirik is up there with personality and variety of games

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
I hardly watch streams anymore because of ADS ADS and ADS but I liked Cohh and watch him until he went on his "true gamers will play ME:A and not criticize it" style rant.

Lirik is the one I've been mostly consistent with and always seem pretty chill.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He is definitely one of my favs. He is one of only like 5 content creators that I still trust are good people in real life.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I like the group that plays with JackFrags and him of course. Westie, Aculite, Stone Mountain and Tactical Brit. LevelCap is a great one too. I get that these guys aren't all mega popular and at the forefront, but they should be...very chill and fun to listen to.
This, so much this. Stonemountain gets a little excitable and went a bit ott when he streamed with Lipo, but they're all chill.

The closest they get to dudebro culture is calling everyone guys....which loads of people do and most people seem to accept.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching him play Demons Souls and he's just so dull. Like watching your dad stream video games.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Cohh is decent guy, but he has practices I find bit iffy.

E.g. VIP Program he runs on his channel. Viewers tagged as VIP's get gifted subs and first it was only Cohh doing it. Now he has cultivated it into this thing where viewers compete him to gifting before he does. Basically turned it into race of who is first to give Cohh more money.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Why is he?

I think it's because he's the only adult in a sea full of screaming, try hard manchildren. Are there any streamers out there that aren't completely obnoxious and downright annoying?

There are a TON, They just are not variety streamers. I fell into Coh when he was still relatively small, I really liked him because he plays the type of games that usually don't garner attention (He did a 100% dragon age run, 100% fall out runs etc). Which is why i started to follow him. I tend to follow Stratergy streamers such as Cringer and Shenrryr

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Disguised Toast and Brian Kibler were two of my favourites when I played Hearthstone regularly.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I like Cohh. He's not my favorite let's player but I've watched a ton of his streams over the years. He plays pretty much everything and is good at games, so it's never a bad watch.

I generally prefer Youtube oriented, episodic Let's Plays -- my favorites are Laila Dyer and Keith Ballard.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
No, I've watched quite a few of his videos on youtube as he's one of the few who plays RPGs and I've come to decide that I find him obnoxious. He's kind, but can be oblivious and rude (see his last video of I believe Phantasmagoria or whatever that ghost game is) where he just up and leaves in the middle of the game to check his fiber or something without even letting his friends know he was doing it. He has a tendency to both side things (though not to the degree of someone like Boogie). His banter with chant can be nice, but also very distracting at times. The little dings or music he plays whenever he has to make a response to a comment or thank someone really bugged me after awhile. He has a tendency to start suddenly start yelling at the game blaming it for his mistakes. He likes to constantly save scumm which isn't too bad in a way as it's nice to see the different options as well, but it turns games like Wasteland 3 which were already long into longer experiences (I hated how long he spent screaming at the game as he tried to keep Polly the Parrot alive during a fight against a certain robot...).

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
There are a lot of chill streamers. There are more streamers than xQc and the like.

My suggestion is not to focus on the extremely popular ones but look for a game you like then check out who is streaming that game. It's how I found a lot of entertaining Sea of Thieves streamers (BoxyFresh, Beardaggedon, etc.) I started watching BoxyFresh when he had averaged maybe 30-40 viewers now he's at 1,700-2,000. Find a game and then find a streamer.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
My favorite was King gothalion, don't where he's at now, but I hope he's doing well

Yeah I find cogh pretty dull. Avoidthepuddle is probably one of the more entertaining, but depends on the stream game I guess. I like his call of duty gameplay, it's hilarious. But there's questionable aspects of his stream, for example, his chat is pretty awful a bunch of people trying to be funny.

I also like elajjaz and other speedrun streamers

Last edited:

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
i watch a lot of souls streamers, and really enjoy lobosjr, distortion2 and heyzeusherestoast.

used to watch a lot more pubg/tarkov etc, and enjoyed people like tsm break and chocotaco.

all the above are pretty chill and not given over to being obnoxious.

came into the thread to mention Ela, glad to see he's already been shouted out. he does a lot of great old game playthroughs. really enjoyed his replay of the dead space games for halloween recently.

Oct 31, 2017
Cohh is the Cheerios of Twitch

I respect his chat interaction for an audience of that size, but definitely not my first choice.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Top 3 of streamers imo is Cohh, Woolie and Pat. Love all 3 of them. I also enjoy to watch NorthernLion and Ludwig.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I love the community Cohn created. If he is not the best streamer, he has the best community and moderation.