• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
So everyone's just going to ignore the fact that there was a literal pedophile using his Twitter outreach and shit to groom minors (Xenochu, his twitter has since been deleted because people were calling him out) who had a viral (or as viral as a tweet can be in this situation, it was retweeted by Serebii who obviously didn't know about the fact that he did these things, so no blame there at all of course) tweet because of defending the lack of a national dex? Yeah? Cool. I've brought it up multiple times in this very thread but people seem to think ONLY #BBND posters had bad people posting on Twitter but that definitely was something that happened. It's crazy how much people are ignoring that.

I'm not saying everyone in the GameFreak defending side is him, but come on. It's silly to equate everyone with the people who spread false accusations for Masuda and shit like that if they want the National Dex back but simultaneously ignore that shit.
Pokémon and pedophiles together like peanut butter and jelly unfortunately. On the pedo side of course.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I mean what's the point? You voice your complaint and that you're upset with the lack of having all Pokemon available to transfer and you're called a manchild, fake fan, crybaby, whiner, entitled, toxic, etc. What's the point of having a conversation about it when even YouTubers and fansites all say the same thing and either dismiss concerns or tell people to accept it and move on.

Game Freak will get a free check and will continue to do things their way. And people will defend it and buy it.

It's strange. I was a vocal defender of USUM and with the story stuff, but now seeing all this from the other side I'm starting to see all my frustration with the Pokemon IP come to light.

EFIT: Of course if you harass the devs and other fans who don't mind the loss of Pokemon then you are not helping at all and instead are being terrible people. Harassing is NOT okay and you should be ashamed of yourselves if you're doing such things just cause of the missing Pokemon.

Last edited:

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
I mean, they made 600+ 3D models, data, and animations for all the Pokemon between Gen V and Gen VI with very high polycounts for the new 3D models that they're still using for Pokemon GO, Masters, Pokedex 3D, and have repurposed for these games. It is evident that they put in a lot of the work, and the transition to the 3DS set those expectations.

I also don't understand the continued comparison to fighting game characters when a lot of the animations for these Pokemon and their moves have been completed and are being reused. You are also not individually controlling the Pokemon or their frame data, they have preprogrammed animations for special and physical attacks that plays along with particle effects for the animations and a new camera angle.

I'll say it again, no one is asking for all the Pokemon to be in Pokken because that would actually be ridiculous, while asking for all of them in these games is not a ridiculous expectation.
The fact that they are reused doesn't mean the import is as easy as copy/pasting, it saves a lot of work, but the workload is still huge.

Here is a brief post regarding what needs to be done when testing models even after importing.

And now, that's only the model part, we are still missing all the other tests, like attacks, leveling up, stats, natures, egg groups, etc. that even of those things are exactly the same as Gold version in GB, they still need testing

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
- Person buys game
- Person sells game to you
- Person gets money from you
- You now essentially take that person's place on the sale list

Like I said, that's misguided and a half-assed measure. Voting with your wallet would be not buying the thing to begin with.

But the original company doesn't see any additional revenue from the resale.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
And there it is. Anybody that doesn't have something nice to say is toxic, man I wonder why I would say something like what I did in that post?!

Oh trust me, I'm sure as fuck not touching Home.
are you being purposefully disingenuous?
you essentially said being okay with the situation is sucking the farts out of game freaks butt, even if you didn't intend that

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
And none of my money goes to Game Freak and the game doesn't get another sale. Game Freak doesn't get anything from me buying a used copy. From their perspective I never bought the game.

Technically, the money that you gave the person who you bought the game from could go towards another pokemon game in the future, or maybe even Shield (assuming you got Sword).

If you really want to boycott the game, simply don't play it. Or wait until it's heavily discounted (heh, that's going to take a while with Nintendo).

I'm not planning on getting this game because I don't think it's doing enough to justify the 30% increase in price. But time will tell.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
So everyone's just going to ignore the fact that there was a literal pedophile using his Twitter outreach and shit to groom minors (Xenochu, his twitter has since been deleted because people were calling him out) who had a viral (or as viral as a tweet can be in this situation, it was retweeted by Serebii who obviously didn't know about the fact that he did these things, so no blame there at all of course) tweet because of defending the lack of a national dex? Yeah? Cool. I've brought it up multiple times in this very thread but people seem to think ONLY #BBND posters had bad people posting on Twitter but that definitely was something that happened. It's crazy how much people are ignoring that.

I'm not saying everyone in the GameFreak defending side is him, but come on. It's silly to equate everyone with the people who spread false accusations for Masuda and shit like that if they want the National Dex back but simultaneously ignore that shit.

Probably because nobody knows wtf you're talking about. It was never and will never be a contest over who has problematic people because only one group is doing all the spamming aka you're making a false equivalence.

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
Pfffft. Has it already been so long that people don't remember a thing called "No Mai No Buy"?
Yes, I do... And luckily that game was "trash" (the one before 13, KOF fans [myself being one] tend to not mention it).
That said, said "movement" was equally stupid. The funny thing about it is without that game, 13 would have never happened and that game was a dream.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
are you being purposefully disingenuous?
you essentially said being okay with the situation is sucking the farts out of game freaks butt
Because simply being upset about the situation gets you labeled as toxic, entitled and a manchild.
Technically, the money that you gave the person who you bought the game from could go towards another pokemon game in the future, or maybe even Shield (assuming you got Sword).

If you really want to boycott the game, simply don't play it. Or wait until it's heavily discounted (heh, that's going to take a while with Nintendo).

I'm not planning on getting this game because I don't think it's doing enough to justify the 30% increase in price. But time will tell.
The money would be going to Game Stop, not a person.

Oct 28, 2017
And none of my money goes to Game Freak and the game doesn't get another sale. Game Freak doesn't get anything from me buying a used copy. From their perspective I never bought the game.

Splader said what I was going to mention.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Probably because nobody knows wtf you're talking about. It was never and will never be a contest over who has problematic people because only one group is doing all the spamming aka you're making a false equivalence.
I'm not making a false equivalence at all. One person made false rape accusations toward Masuda and one person was using the Pokemon controversy and shit to groom minors. I don't care if you don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I'm not trying to make it a contest. It's just not reasonable to criticize one group for something ONE guy did and then not criticize another for something ONE guy did.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You've used this as a gotcha a couple of times now, and it's gross. Cut it out.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they are reused doesn't mean the import is as easy as copy/pasting, it saves a lot of work, but the workload is still huge.

Here is a brief post regarding what needs to be done when testing models even after importing.

And now, that's only the model part, we are still missing all the other tests, like attacks, leveling up, stats, natures, egg groups, etc. that even of those things are exactly the same as Gold version in GB, they still need testing

Look, I've already read all of that. I understand the nature of software development as a developer myself and the complexity of games. I'm just giving an explanation for people's expectations and why they're different than expecting all the characters to return for a fighting game roster. I get the workload is a lot, but I think people expect a lot of resources poured into one of the largest gaming IPs' flagship HD title, and are disappointed when this expectation isn't met.

I personally think they've done what they can to meet this year's release, but they could probably create new Pokemon data for the future Switch games with the same engine and make these games compatible via a patch.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to decide how I'm going to react if (when?) the game breaks sales records after all the whole hullabaloo.

I think I'll probably chuckle and move on I guess.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Because simply being upset about the situation gets you labeled as toxic, entitled and a manchild.

The money would be going to Game Stop, not a person.
Wait, that's even worse no? I imagine Gamestop still keeps track of used game sales and I wouldn't be surprised if that number gets back to Game Freak at one point.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You've used this as a gotcha a couple of times now, and it's gross. Cut it out.
One thing that is being missed in this false equivalence is that false accusations were hurled at the developers the people had issue with in an attempt to discredit them and ruin their life. The developer was directly pulled into this.

Pedophilia is utterly gross though, and I seriously hope that piece of shit is rotting in jail now.

Colocho

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO reading some of the comments makes me wonder what they thing of social movements demanding change, "they said no, so let's make piece with that" is the dumbest argument I have read in this whole fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.