• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I know very little of it follows the manga (if anything). I watched the first 20 eps or so and a bit of the Mist Village story arc but I just couldn't get into it.

Does it get better? I was a huge fan of the original series and really loved the Boruto movie and one-shot mangas from Kishimoto (which I did watch the anime adaptations of).

I really want to enjoy this series. It has a lot of cool concepts. Boruto and Sasuke's relationship, future ninja tech, Hokage Naruto, etc. It seems appealing, so I'm hoping it gets better later on.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The manga is great and only continues to get better with each chapter. Early chapter art is rough, but it improves and in some ways outdoes Kishi's own art as of the later chapters.

The anime is a roller-coaster of quality with some arcs being fantastic and being the best the franchise has ever had, and others being pretty low. Nothing that hits as bad as the worst filler from the OG Naruto, but still not great.

As far as the anime goes, the one arc I can recommend watching is the movie adaptation arc. I forgot where it starts, but it's around episode 50 or so. Episode 65 in particular is a highlight of the series. Beyond that, maybe someone else can help you. I only read the manga now.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
The manga is great if you like seeing sexualized 12 year old girls.

Other than that...its ok? I mean if you liked most of Part 2/Shippuden you'll probably like Boruto. It's about the same level of quality.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I just watch the fights with amazing animation. Works for me, as that became all that Shippuden was good for back in the day.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty fun, but it feels a bit aimless compared to the original series. I think a lot of that has to due to how the two series are run-- the original Naruto was weekly so it moved at a much faster pace, whereas Boruto's manga is monthly and the anime is weekly. So the anime has much longer stretches of what would usually be considered "filler". On the other hand the manga has to cram as much content as it again every month, so it can pretty much only focus on stuff that matters and all the side characters barely appear. So both takes on the series end up feeling like they're missing something a bit.

That said both the anime and manga are in a pretty good place now. The story's moving along and Ikemoto's art is better at matching Kishimoto's. There's still some issues though, like Sarada's design in the manga is fucking atrocious.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
It's worse than Naruto but overall it's ok. Just don't take it seriously, at all and don't think too much about any issues you have with it and you'll be good.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I stop watching the anime after the Momoshiki arc.It was such a drag and boring. I will return once the Kara arc pickups.

The manga has been great tho. Early artstyle was a dud but Ikemoto improved.
Sasuke looked like Snape lmao
main-qimg-771cc9fbce70a2b612da492208a17b8a

Recent
main-qimg-cef3d7bf47ebcab05a273f7587977728

main-qimg-3e2865395dc08b89296df88d2ddd319c

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I know very little of it follows the manga (if anything). I watched the first 20 eps or so and a bit of the Mist Village story arc but I just couldn't get into it.

Does it get better? I was a huge fan of the original series and really loved the Boruto movie and one-shot mangas from Kishimoto (which I did watch the anime adaptations of).

I really want to enjoy this series. It has a lot of cool concepts. Boruto and Sasuke's relationship, future ninja tech, Hokage Naruto, etc. It seems appealing, so I'm hoping it gets better later on.
Read the manga the anime though canon has barely touched the manga which is far better than even Naruto imo thus far.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I stop watching the anime after the Momoshiki arc.It was such a drag and boring. I will return once the Kara arc pickups.

The manga has been great tho. Early artstyle was a dud but Ikemoto improved.
Sasuke looked like Snape lmao
main-qimg-771cc9fbce70a2b612da492208a17b8a

Recent
main-qimg-cef3d7bf47ebcab05a273f7587977728

main-qimg-3e2865395dc08b89296df88d2ddd319c
yeah the early chapters were ROUGH looking lol

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Anime has some great fights. I haven't watched it tho, just watched some clips on youtube lol

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Yeah, it gets much better. The first arc of Boruto is really boring.

Right now, Boruto just got done with a good arc and we're in a pretty great training arc where Boruto trains with Kakashi and Sarada trains with Sasuke & Sarada.

Like Naruto Shippuden, I would never recommend you watch every episode. You just need to know which episodes to skip or watch.

-----------------

Depending on whether you want to see Boruto and Sarada develop their skills a little more, I'd tell you to just finish the Mist Arc. It ends at episode 32 anyway. Or at least watch episode 30 for a great Sarada fight. Or skip it if you prefer. It's not thaaaat important.

I'd say skip to the Genin Graduation Exam Arc and Mitsuki's backstory episode (episodes 36-39). I say those are must watches.

The new Team 7 has a decent first mission with some cool teamwork and it's only two episodes long(episode 40-41).

Watch that and then watch the Chunin Exams Arc (episodes 51-66). I know that you already watched the movie but the anime version expands on everything and makes it better. Hell, the Momoshiki v Naruto & Sasuke battle was done even better in the anime.

From there you'll have to skip again, to episodes 71-92 for a Mitsuki Arc but while it's got decent stuff there and the death of an important character from Naruto, it was too long for what it was trying to do.

So you can skip that. It's not that important although you'll miss seeing a few cool things.

Definitely watch the Parent-Day Arc. Episodes 93-95 are a must watch especially to see Naruto and Sasuke with their daughters.

Also tap episode 97 for a character episode on Shikadai and his family.

I don't want to overwhelm you so let me know if you want more recommendations past this.