• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

A super villain in real life could never return from that level of humiliation. Also the most hilarious takedown ever

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Flash beating a villain using the Federal Tax code

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah that would still be ASBAR Batman beating GL with lots of yellow paint.

asbr09-004.jpg

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This is probably the worst writing I've seen in 1960s/1970s super hero cartoon and that's saying something. Magneto went full doomer mode once the gun didn't fly out of Reed's hands.

It is pretty awful. When the police showed up Mags could have easily just grabbed their guns or even their cars. But I guess Reed's trick just destroyed all his confidence and reduced him to a feeble old man.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
details now. I'm curious now. Lmao
They were fighting the queen of Fables, and losing bad because she gets power from fiction and imagination. So the JLA distract her while the Flash jams her into the most unimaginative book he could find. That year's tax code

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Nothing tops when wolverine died from peanut allergy because gambit packed his PB&J sandwich next to wolverines lunch and a little got on.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
They were fighting the queen of Fables, and losing bad because she gets power from fiction and imagination. So the JLA distract her while the Flash jams her into the most unimaginative book he could find. That year's tax code
Sounds quite unrealistic. Billionaires, millionaires and corporations put in a lot of hard work to get legislators to write our tax code so it includes quite a lot of imaginative ways for them to accumulate even more wealth and hoard money.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds quite unrealistic. Billionaires, millionaires and corporations put in a lot of hard work to get legislators to write our tax code so it includes quite a lot of imaginative ways for them to accumulate even more wealth and hoard money.
You spoiled yourself, the next time she showed up it was because she used the imagination of tax lawyers and accountants to power up and escape

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It's so incomprehensible that a being that uses imagination to fuel her magic couldn't understand!

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Wait, that bit from Harley Quinn was legitimately in the comics?

Thats fucked up.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I find it hilarious how GL is so affected by the yellow color. Like, if you throw a lemon at him he'll just...pass out?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao, I always thought this was a stylistic decision. Im assuming GL is weak against......the color yellow? Or were you joking?

It was a weird weakness choice when character first came around. And the other Green Lantern was weak to wood!

Now, yellow just represents one of their enemies, not a particular weakness.

OP
OP
SilverX

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Flash beating a villain using the Federal Tax code
Magneto lost to a wooden gun

I mean, these are attempts at the superhero trying to be clever to take them down. Batman could have used a heat explosive or anything of the sort, but instead he chose to bring a school thermos with fucking chicken soup to stop Mr. Freeze. And he did it in a room full of people that watched him fall and be rendered helpless by something you give a kid when they have a stuffy nose.

I'm telling you, Batman would have ended his super villain career with that move in real life and Mr. Freeze would have never been able to show his face again.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Why was Mt. Freezes helmet so damn fragile? I mean if a plastic thermos broke that shit, then Batman could have easily shattered it with a well placed Batarang.