• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I for one find some of these on-the-nose similarities fascinating, scary even. For instance my friend who I believed was bipolar is actually just a gemini. Lol

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pseudoscience at its finest.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, of course. Can still have a bit of fun with it though.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
meg.png

Legit

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Use the time you use for astrology to learn some cold reading. That is at least interesting bullshittery.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Short answer yes.

Long answer is that I provided a sense of control in an otherwise chaotic and random world, and while people take comfort in that, it's still bullshit. More understandable bullshit but none the less..

Last edited:

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yes

You're reading a bunch of vague madlibs that you're filling in with yourself. Of course "it works" when it's vague enough for anyone to apply it to their more-normal-than-they-realize situations.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. The little use it had (predicting of planets, stars, etc.) was lost when it branched off from astronomy around the time of Keppler/Newton.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only because Pisces is always given the bad description, if it isn't left out entirely.

Yes. All of it

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as reading cards/fortune telling is

I try not to waste my time with people who believe in all this crap. They often are antivax and all that shit too, what are the odds huh.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
of course it is.

the entire concept is absurd when you start thinking that accoridng to strology, EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the world born in a certain period of the year all share the same traits nd have the same kind of day/week.

astrologist is my pick for best job to do in the entire world, you are basically selling smoke.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like to think that the season you're born in has some very minor impact on your brain's development in your first year. So i guess that could overlap with astrology's huge generalisations.

But either way: yes.

GildedMango

Feb 6, 2018
Probavly, but I find it interesting. Depends on how deep you go though, since your main Zodiac sign is only one of like 12 different ones with different ways they relate to each other, so the amount of combinations you can have are pretty dang unique to an individual.

Oct 25, 2017
It works like this:

Scorpio: You don't sleep a lot and you hold grudges even if you don't act on them.

Now hoe many people born outside of Oct-Nov also fit that?

I'd bet a decent number.

OS_

Oct 27, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
It's real and you should make important life decisions based on the advice given by them. Give them the same amount of credibility you would to advice from anonymous people on the Internet.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
I for one find some of these on-the-nose similarities fascinating, scary even. For instance my friend who I believed was bipolar is actually just a gemini. Lol
Just to prove how fake and stupid astrology is, your buddy maybe isn't even gemini, since all signs moved in science terms a month and the constellations today are way off.

Recalculations by NASA:

Capricorn: Jan 20 - Feb 16

Aquarius: Feb 16 – March 11

Pisces: March 11 – April 18

Aries: April 18 – May 13

Taurus: May 13 – June 21

Gemini: June 21 – July 20

Cancer: July 20 – Aug 10

Leo: Aug 10 – Sept 16

Virgo: Sept 16 – Oct 30

Libra: Oct 30 – Nov 23

Scorpio: Nov 23 – Nov 29

Ophiuchus: Nov 29 – Dec 17

Sagittarius: Dec 17 – Jan 20

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100%. There literally is no correlation between the position of stars, the day you were born and your mood, luck, etc.. It's basically superstition, and it kinda surprises me how diffused and relevant it is. Then again, so is religion.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just googled my horoscope for today
A radical force seems to be stirring up trouble and challenging your long-established beliefs about how things should be done and what you hold most dear, Gemini. The truth is that what you might see as trouble is really a growing pain to be endured as you move to the next step in your personal evolution. Change is often difficult; however, this is what you're being called upon to do.

What does any of that even mean? It's gibberish. Here's another from a different site
ou've got what it takes to impress the powers that be -- in fact, your sparkling personality is so charming that you can turn the head of just about everyone who crosses your path. That may include someone that a friend of yours thinks of as expressly their property, so make sure that your intentions are clear. After all, you have no interest in poaching on your friend's territory. Use your natural charisma to smooth over the situation.

Someone who my friend thinks of AS THEIR PROPERTY is going to become attracted to me today and I'm going to need to charm him into letting him know I'm not interested in them? That's going to happen to 1 in 12 people today?

Another one
ou could discover a leak. In a sense if that's just water or oil, that might be relatively straight-forward to deal with. Less easy would be misinformation or gossip - which could cause you great offence. At a different level entirely you could come up with an excellent marketing plan. You might even dream up the perfect slogan for a caption competition
Again, what does any of that mean? When you cut out the nonsense all it says is 'something will happen today, could be anything, who knows'. Like, today you're either going to discover an oil leak or win a caption competition.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Today you will find a lot of challenges against your beliefs, hold fast, there is no need for a reset. Your question will be answered by the one you care about most.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that hundreds of millions of people believe in astrology will never stop baffling me. I mean at least religions can sooth you with a benevolent god and an afterlife or something but this is literally LARGE CHUNKS OF MATERIAL IN SPACE DETERMINE YOUR LIFE. That's fucking bleak.