• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is April Fool’s Day the worst holiday?

• Yes

Votes: 232 64.6%
  • No

Votes: 127 35.4%

• Total voters

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
April Fool's Day is really easy to ignore most of the time. And sometimes the jokes are funny.

As someone who doesn't celebrate religious holidays, my vote is for Easter. The candy isn't as good as other holidays and most things shut down for it, and it seems to be a different day every year, so I always wind up making plans for that day only to realise I can't do anything because everything is closed. No one at work truly realised Sunday was Easter until yesterday and now we have to scramble to get an entire day's work crammed into Friday and Saturday. At least it's a day off, I guess.

Xmas and Thanksgiving at least have enough of a cultural impact that they can't surprise you.

The only 'good' holidays are Halloween and Arbor Day anyways.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
4th of july is the worst holiday by such a big margin that we shouldn't even entertain discussions about first place anymore.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, April Fool's Day is definitely the worst holiday, especially when one venerating Christopher Columbus exists.

Oct 25, 2017
St. Patrick's Day is the worst because I have to listen to redneck coworkers flap their lips all day about how they're 1/16th Irish and this makes them ambassadors of Irish culture despite never having even visited there. Their entire understanding of Irish culture being wearing a lot of green one day a year and announcing at least 7 times that day that they're morally obligated to consume alcohol. 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝐼'𝓂 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝐼𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒽

Fool's Day is just the day the internet gets a little silly and maybe a family member might place a rubber spider somewhere. It's basically nothing, and you hear more about it from people whining about it than people actually doing anything. It's not a big deal, it's just a day when companies post obvious or harmless false things and nerds find ways to get mad about it regardless.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
A take so bad that I actually had to put my phone down.

Valentine's Day is my winner. Hey, remember how you just spent a bunch of money six weeks ago over Christmas? Well, fuck you. Spend some more or you're a shitty partner.

Also: April Fool's Day isn't a holiday.

Also, fuck you for being single!

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I struggle to call it a holiday, but I still think Easter is dumb and useless on a level that is hard to top.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It makes me laugh so much thinking about adults getting irritated or even tricked by some company's stupid April fools video lol. People get SO mad about it and it's just brands essentially making funny commercials