• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Quiz question: How many games have been released for Apple Arcade in the last eight weeks? Seven. And except for Charrua Soccer all of them are bad. While in the normal App Store quite a lot of games without F2P have been released in this period.

Seems like there is nothing to expect from Apple Arcade anymore, after a good start last year.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I get notifications of new games every week or two.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I only hope a port of Oceanhorn 2 for the consoles/PC is being made. It's a travesty that that game is locked on phones.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
It was a fantastic first free month with absolutely nothing to convince me to sub after that.

linnus

Oct 25, 2017
The same thing that is happening with Apple TV+ there's nothing new ever. It's really slow compared to other services.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
That's definitely not the impression that I've ever gotten from it - Oceanhorn 2 was a huge get.

I think the only real thing to worry about is that this whole "bespoke" thing - There need to be more games added to it that have microtransactions removed as opposed to only games without mtx from the off.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I played a few games I really enjoyed, but I either finished them quickly or didn't replay them enough to justify the subscription. I was also a little burned by two of the story driven games I played (Jenny LeClue and Guildlings) being incomplete - story just ends with vague promises of more to come. There are some fantastic games on there - What The Golf, Assemble With Care and Over The Alps are all great, but having completed them and seeing how few games were being released each week to move onto I just didn't see why I was spending the money.

I'd rather see them add a curated list of already released paid apps to the service a-la Playstation Plus when new releases are thin on the ground than see nothing come out at all. Or they should bundle this in with their Apple Music subscription. As it stands it was great value when it first came out, but the longer it goes on with very infrequent additions then that perceived value is just going to drop and drop as you finish or get tired of existing games.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That was quick ha. Didn't really expect it to keep up so much really though, what I would consider quality mobile games aren't made in much supply, market is mostly tainted by free games with ads everywhere or free games with exploitative MTs.

Hope this means Rayman comes to Android soon, was sad to see that locked on iOS for reasons. I'd love infinity blades too, but probably never gonna happen.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about Apple Arcade the other day. Thinking that I had not heard anyone talk about it since it launched. I tried it for a week myself, and then unsubscribed. I liked it at first though.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
The same thing that is happening with Apple TV+ there's nothing new ever. It's really slow compared to other services.
I think people forget how hard it is to build a content library. Disney is having that issue as well and they have a huge back catalog.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Doubt it will die anytime soon. Apple will want that regular income. But it certainly sounds like they are not aggressively pursuing content. But yes, when the biggest plus for your new subscription is avoiding crap that your own market has helped create, then yeah not a great start imo. I'm sure it will do fine in the long run though, doubt Apple is paying much for this content and they have a lot of leverage to have take it or leave it deals with devs.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
What? I'm still having a blast with Apple Arcade. I haven't even had a chance to test out everything that was there at launch, much less the stuff that came in afterwards.

Exit the Gungeon and Grindstone ❤️

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Doubt it will die anytime soon. Apple will want that regular income. But it certainly sounds like they are not aggressively pursuing content. But yes, when the biggest plus for your new subscription is avoiding crap that your own market has helped create, then yeah not a great start imo. I'm sure it will do fine in the long run though, doubt Apple is paying much for this content and they have a lot of leverage to have take it or leave it deals with devs.
People forgot all the money Apple has. They can wait this baby out for years. Same with AppleTV+

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
"this game subscription service has been putting out a game a week, is it dead?" is kind of a wild thread premise imo

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I've been subscribed since launch. I just cancelled my sub a few days ago. The most recent games haven't looked that interesting so I haven't been playing much. I'll probably resub after a few months. $5 a month for all those games is a steal.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've finished what I wanted to finish and all the games slowly dripped out since release don't appeal to me at all, so I'm out

OP
OP
Green Yoshi

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Apple arcade didn't just die, it was MURDERED
They invested more than $500 million, so it's strange that there are so few games this year.
www.digitaltrends.com

Apple Arcade Reportedly Boosted by More Than $500 Million Investment | Digital Trends

Apple Arcade, Apple's upcoming video game subscription service with an unknown price, will reportedly be supported by investments worth more than $500 million. Apple is also said to be offering incentives to developers if they decide to release their games as mobile exclusives for Apple Arcade.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for reminding me about Apple Arcade, I was still subscribed to that despite not using it after the first month so have cancelled it now.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
They invested more than $500 million, so it's strange that there are so few games this year.
www.digitaltrends.com

Apple Arcade Reportedly Boosted by More Than $500 Million Investment | Digital Trends

Apple Arcade, Apple's upcoming video game subscription service with an unknown price, will reportedly be supported by investments worth more than $500 million. Apple is also said to be offering incentives to developers if they decide to release their games as mobile exclusives for Apple Arcade.
They're probably a lot of projects in progress.

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
I like that honestly. Apple TV+ is quality over quantity and there's something new every month. The Morning Show, For all Mankind, Dickinson, Servant, Little America, Mythic Quest are all really good, better than most Netflix originals and definitely worth the price of admission.

Last edited:

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
It might be disappointing, but I doubt it's anywhere near dead. I would assume based on the number of iOS devices out there, the subscription numbers are probably pretty impressive. I doubt apple is getting out of this space anytime soon.

this forum seems pretty quick to call something "dead" prematurely.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, kinda feels like both Apple Play and Apple TV push seems to have all but vanished. I see neither talked about, so it's really super strange. I still occasionally will see something about Apple TV picking up something for someone producing something for it, but then like... nothing being talked about otherwise.

I don't know. It feels odd given Apple does seem to know how to market their stuff (even if I feel certain policies aren't really great), but...

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It's around 1 new game each week:
9to5mac.com

These are the latest Apple Arcade games for iPhone and more - 9to5Mac

Apple Arcade launched with over 100 titles in September 2019 and more exclusive titles are being added weekly. Read on for the latest Apple Arcade games.

Honestly, kinda feels like both Apple Play and Apple TV push seems to have all but vanished. I see neither talked about, so it's really super strange. I still occasionally will see something about Apple TV picking up something for someone producing something for it, but then like... nothing being talked about otherwise.

I don't know. It feels odd given Apple does seem to know how to market their stuff (even if I feel certain policies aren't really great), but...
I get Apple TV+ ads nonstop in my twitter app.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It always seemed like a flawed premise to expect the public would pay money for mobile games.

It's like asking people to subscribe to a slot machine service on the premise that some will actually be really good and be worth the investment. No matter how true that ends up being, surely everyone interested in experiences worth paying for on the go already has a Switch.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Quiz question: How many games have been released for Apple Arcade in the last eight weeks? Seven. And except for Charrua Soccer all of them are bad. While in the normal App Store quite a lot of games without F2P have been released in this period.

Seems like there is nothing to expect from Apple Arcade anymore, after a good start last year.

I canceled my subscription after the first month. 90% of the games in there are garbage and not worth playing at all. Of the 15-20 games I downloaded in that month I think I found 2 that I absolutely loved...

Assemble
Possessions

I wish those two games were playable outside of having an Apple Arcade Subscription because they are really great games and I would love to play any additional content that comes out for them.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
This is not how it works but I guess you already know it.

It is a $6 monthly service with dozens upon dozens of games readily available with continuous new releases. If a person can't find anything on offer to warrant a continued sub it isn't the service for them. It was never going to keep up the initial release pace and anyone who thought it would is kidding themselves—but I guess you already know it.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get Apple TV+ ads nonstop in my twitter app.

That's honestly interesting. I wonder if anyone else on the forums here (or my other friends, too) are getting them, as well? I haven't seen anything of it on mine (I'm on Android but that's obviously not always a clear factor there for this), nor anyone talk about it or news talk about it (other than what I mentioned in the above). I do get ads for Disney + a lot, however.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Was that one Square Enix game any good? I thought it looked interesting but didn't hear too much about it and I can't try it since I don't have any Apple devices.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
It is a $6 monthly service with dozens upon dozens of games readily available with continuous new releases. If a person can't find anything on offer to warrant a continued sub it isn't the service for them. It was never going to keep up the initial release pace and anyone who thought it would is kidding themselves—but I guess you already know it.
That's a better argument than your first one. Good change

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
My kids told me to cancel it after 2 months it's a good concept just the content ain't there yet I did enjoy frogger and a few other games though so I can't say it's complete trash