• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I remember when this got a rather big push to combat the SiriusXM (among other reasons ) but I don't know anyone, not one single person who listens to it.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. FM has adequate sound quality for my purposes, and I can just stream the substations that would require an HD radio to pick up OTA.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
My little brother inherited my mom's car and she never stopped paying for Sirius so he has it. I don't know how much he uses it overall but I know sometimes he has to take longer drives and listens to sports talk radio and shit.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
There are only 2 stations in my area with HD Radio. One is NPR, which I listen to fairly regularly. The other has multiple subchannels, so the quality isn't as great. Also two of the subchannels are rap, and listening to rap censored for radio sucks.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
The classical station I listen to has it to stream their vocal station, but it's volume is really low for some reason and I lose song information when I turn it on.

Cspan probably has the best use tbh, Iirc they have 2 additional sub channels and you get full metadata.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I listen to the HD version of the station I listened to already in my car. It's a nice quality bump.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I got a new car recently and I can connect to the different substations or whatever? Only reason I know about it is because of the big push it had about a decade ago when I was going to college. I use it now and then but for the most part I just stay connected to my phone and listen to Apple Music.

Oct 27, 2017
Almost every major station in the MSP area has a HD version, and usually a sub-station or two. It takes an extra second to tune to HD, and the jump in sound quality is always obvious.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I use it to pull in AM stations that have secondary HD feeds on my Zune HD. Our local NPR station here in Seattle used to have secondary HD channel with unique programming but they've done away with that in the last few years.

You know what I really want? I want AM/FM radio on my phone, but sadly the phone makers and service providers prevent us from having that here in the US.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have a 2018 car and I have no idea if it has HD radio.

So no I do not.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had a car with it. Currently driving an '06 car with nothing but a cd player.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Yeah, I knew iPhones did not. My point was that it wasn't necessarily a US regulation.

The companies in the past would rather you use your data and pay for streaming. Glad Android wised up.Very glad I still have my Zune HD so I can listen to Mariners and Seahawks radio broadcasts when I'm outside during yard work. That stuff is often blocked online even when I'm in the home media market.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I barely listen to the radio as it is, and when I do, it's SXM talk radio. Stopped listening to music radio the moment I got an MP3 player.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this what we call DAB Digital Radio in the UK?

In which case, yes - all the time.

If it isn't then no, never, I don't think it exists over here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed that was obvious with HD in it's name!

I hope mine never dies.

I thought it was because of the OLED screen and a bit of like, audio fidelity branding (which of course it still is) - this is what happens when you get shit for free with no box or manual.

Hell yeah. I proudly support 90.3 KEXP in the Seattle area. They deliver in HD locally, but they do have an app too. Big fan of all they do and represent.

My man. Donate. Rock a t-shirt. Probably the best music station in the nation all things considered.