• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you playing FFVII-R now?

• Yes, playing on PS4 now

Votes: 1,296 53.2%
  • No, waiting for PC version

Votes: 696 28.6%
  • No, waiting for XBox version

Votes: 233 9.6%
  • No, waiting for Switch version

Votes: 210 8.6%

• Total voters

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
My PS4 is currently being borrowed by my younger brother during the lockdown so I'm waiting until it either comes out on any other platform or I get my PS4 back (or buy a PS5 when it comes out and just play it there).

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I went ahead with the PS4 version but will be buying it and the rest on PC. I can't imagine they will have timed exclusivity on the other parts. Just doesn't make sense.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I've never played a FF fantasy game, nor intend to. Zelda games have bored me out of ever trying any other RPG. So no.

Also a Switch port ain't happening. Xbox/PC ports are most likely already finished. Hell some of the trailers use PC footage. They've just been blocked by Sony for a year.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Switch port is likely doable, it's whether or not Square-Enix feels the 1-2 million in sales they would get from that is worthwhile.

It's not going to be the prettiest version, but you can't exactly take a PS4 or XB1X in your coat pocket either.

Switch 2 is a for sure though.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I have the holy trinity, but there was no point in waiting. Saved $10 at Walmart, and it gives me something to play while I Can't do shit else during this lockdown.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping the PC release wasn't a long wait, like 3-6 months, my experience would undoubtedly be so much better since it's PC, but a year wait is just a bit too much that I'll most likely pick it up this month. Really not a fan of these bullshit timed exclusive deals where a company pays just to keep it off other platforms, but anyway, it is what it is.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
A Switch port is likely doable, it's whether or not Square-Enix feels the 1-2 million in sales they would get from that is worthwhile.

It's not going to be the prettiest version, but you can't exactly take a PS4 or XB1X in your coat pocket either.

The work they'd need to do for a Switch version is largely the same sort of changes they'd make for a mobile version.

When you consider that, it suddenly doesn't sound as unlikely.

FFVIIR and its sequels are going to be a huge part of SE's business this decade. It's crucially important that they have a large addressable market for FFVIIR-2.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
What? Isn't the Switch version already out?

Xb4pq3y.jpg

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on PS4 Pro now, but might double dip if the PC or XSX versions end up with enhancements.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
There's some whack textures here and there but it looks good and runs pretty well. I see no reason to wait if you want to play it now, it won't be a fundamentally different game on PC/next gen consoles.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
My plan all along has been to wait for the PC release. I need at least double the frames.

I played FFVII for 100s of hours in the 90s, why rush?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The work they'd need to do for a Switch version is largely the same sort of changes they'd make for a mobile version.

When you consider that, it suddenly doesn't sound as unlikely.

FFVIIR and its sequels are going to be a huge part of SE's business this decade. It's crucially important that they have a large addressable market for FFVIIR-2.

I used to be of this mindset, but I'm not anymore. You can see tons of PS4 games like Monster Hunter World Iceborne and Resident Evil 2 Remake running on a GPD Win 2, which is overall probably weaker than a Switch and these games have no real optimization specific to that hardware.

MH World Iceborne even runs at a very decent 30+ fps.

Here's Resident Evil 3 Remake, which is probably a better looking game than FFVII Remake

Again this is really no hardware optimization. I think all these games can in fact run on a Switch. Is the undocked version going to win a medal for sexiest looking version? Of course not. But with a bit of optimization at 540p undocked I think they can get a 30 fps version.

It's a question moreso of are the sales of a 1+ year late port worth it ... maybe. FFVII is a flagship brand for Square-Enix, the same way things like Witcher 3 are for other companies there may be a desire to get a version for Switch to tap into an extra market, probably Japan in specific you're looking at 500k+ sales there alone.

They were willing to put in the time for DQXI ... FFVII Remake I think would likely outsell that fairly easily, probably similar sales in Japan + higher sales in Europe and North America.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm gonna get it, I'll wait for the XB1 (or XSX if that's the case) version. Only got round to the original recently so don't have the 20+ year love that made it an immediate purchase for a lot of folks. Still interested enough in trying it out eventually though, so may as well support more Japanese games on Xbox.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine waiting 1 year to play when a game so legendary is already available.

Finished it yesterday, loved a lot ♥

(I would play a Switch version in the future by the way)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Waiting on PC or next-gen update.

Don't really care about better graphics or higher framerate (even if it'd be nice), i mainly want a good streaming solution. I play a lot of my games streaming from my PC to my iPad, so if it comes to PC that'd be great, and if PS5 has good in-home streaming? I'd be happy with that too.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
PC life and then waiting for all the complete edition on sale. I can't wait for mods...

Apr 21, 2018
I think if anything it'll be ported to XSX and Switch Pro/2 down the line.

I didn't buy it, but I plan to buy it on PS4 when it's cheaper/on-sale.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Some textures have problems on a few chapters but the overall quality is on another level.. the game is fantastic don't miss it.

49609681333_b97fe010c0_k.jpg

49759894182_55665ef4d8_k.jpg

49610239292_774b84f048_k.jpg