• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Just got through watching this video from JayzTwoCents that breaks down the whole situation.

Apparently some AIB cheaped out on some of the components to get their costs down and this is what's causing game crashes when the GPU boosts to high.

I was wondering just how widespread the issue is

I've attached the original Igorslab article that goes further in detail
www.igorslab.de

The possible reason for crashes and instabilities of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 | Investigative | igor´sLAB

Not only the editors and testers were surprised by sudden instabilities of the new GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090, but also the first customers who were able to get board partner cards from the first…

This is what I've found in the comments about the best and worst cards

Best cards: ASUS TUF, Nvidia FE, MSI
Acceptable cards: EVGA
Worst cards: Gigabyte, Zotac, IGAME

Nov 5, 2017
Just got through watching this video from JayzTwoCents that breaks down the whole situation.

Apparently some AIB cheaped out on some of the components to get their costs down and this is what's causing game crashes when the GPU boosts to high.

www.igorslab.de

The possible reason for crashes and instabilities of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 | Investigative | igor´sLAB

Not only the editors and testers were surprised by sudden instabilities of the new GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090, but also the first customers who were able to get board partner cards from the first…

Man, I wanted this launch to be perfect. On paper, the Ampere specs seemed so good compared to Pascal/Maxwell GPUs. Now, it looks like these cards, if you don't purchase the right one, can have the same issues as the GTX 970 did. A hardware flaw...

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019

www.igorslab.de

Makes me sad being a fan if gigabyte products

Status
Not open for further replies.