• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
Since I am very much a reclusive homebody, I find it is good for me to get forced out of my comfort zone by going to work.
I also think I would have trouble staying in work mode and not get distracted.
I can understand if you have kids though how it might be an attractive prospect.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Since I am very much a reclusive homebody, I find it is good for me to get forced out of my comfort zone by going to work.
I also think I would have trouble staying in work mode and not get distracted.
I can understand if you have kids though how it might be an attractive prospect.

you'd be surprised about #2 - sometimes i find the opposite is true

without clear boundaries at home, sometimes you find yourself "stuck" in work mode longer than you would be if you went to the office

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
I know that having the option is better than not but I worked at home with my current job for like 8 months after an injury. It was cool for maybe the first month or two but it grew into a pretty depressing experience. I much rather do my hour and a half commute and actually experience people.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can if I need to. The problem is I have my kids enrolled in the on-site daycare, so I either have to drop them off at work--in which case I might as well stay--or watch them myself, which makes it really hard to be productive. My job is also a lot easier to do it the office because of the face-to-face interaction opportunities.

Less important is that I also have to figure out my own lunch if I work from home.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
Also a software engineer, I work from home everyday, my team is all over the country.

Oct 28, 2017
We can work from home on Wednesday and can work from home as necessary in general, but time in the office is needed as well. I don't really do it since I live 10 minutes from work and I find it harder to focus at home.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hardly ever home. I connect to the world via a phone. I work in a power plant and I can't tell you how long its been since I had a period off where I didn't get at least one call trying to get me to come back in.
If I could make some passive income off art assets and cg stuff consistently. I'd try going self employed someday, but as is security is scarce these days. I wont jeopardize my family for my own sanity and comfort. Only way out is up. I gotta work myself to the top to get less call out time and get consistent hours.

I really envy self employed folks with no fear or worries about making it in this economy.