• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I am looking forward to the game. Not going to lie I have lost all faith in Infinity ward because Ghosts and IW were absolutely terrible MP games and I fully expect them to screw this game up. My main concerns are they decided to bring back killstreaks (which kills every single mode in the game besides TDM) and they fact that since the maps are free the loot boxes are going to be on a whole other level we have not seen.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm a big fan of the original MW campaign, so I'm excited to see what they've done with it.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It's just COD. I'll probably rent it near launch to mess around with the MP some and maybe go through the campaign if it's a particularly boring weekend. I stopped expecting anything special out of the franchise by the end of last gen.

Oh yeah, the MTX mess the game will inevitably turn into after launch/reviews/articles are already up will be gross as hell and utterly fucking shameless.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No, boring ass military shooter bullshit from the looks of it.

I played MW Remaster because it was free on PS+ and it's so cringe worth with it's "oohrah" or "hoorah" whatever it was attitude.

Then the COD rap in the credits...

Awful game.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the microtransactions in the last few COD games, fuck no. I'm not spending a thousand dollars to unlock all the guns in the game with RNG loot boxes.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah! Haven't bought a COD game since MW2, lol.

However, this all hinges on the 20v20 and larger modes. I need to see more of the big battle maps.

I have zero interest in the small tdm and 2v2 or whatever.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They going to call up Hans Zimmer again? Because that's like maybe 70% of why MW2 was amazing.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
No, not at all. I am paying attention to it though, which is more than can be said about any CoD after Blops2.

Jun 17, 2018
Cautiously optimistic. However, prepare to get fucked hard by microtransactions less than 2 months in. If they can keep that to a minimum then I'll be happy. Probably still gonna but it regardless!

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped as hell for it.
haven't loved the complete package of a Call of Duty since MW2 or Black Ops 1, this is easily looking to change that.

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
with what activision did with crash team racing, hell no.
they tell you it wont get any paid dlc or microtransactions but they are gonna add them eventually which i can not tolerate.
Also, the game just looks like a regular military shooter. I really dont see why people think this is the one that fixes everything.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hyped about crossplay and possibly being reunited with old friends who refuse to play on other platforms.

Otherwise it's just another year another cod for me. We've already had back to boots on the ground. At least it sounds like the map design is going back to having more verticality and less three lane.

In another timeline the respawn guys never left and titanfall movement would have been the natural evolution of cod.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
No, I haven't been excited for a Call of Duty game since MW3 and that left a horrible taste in my mouth. Haven't purchased a game in the series Since BLOPS 3, which was my first since MW3. Only way I get this reboot is if the majority of my friends do, and I highly doubt they will. Hoping the reviews/impressions are solid because I used to be a massive fan.

I played MW Remaster because it was free on PS+ and it's so cringe worth with it's "oohrah" or "hoorah" whatever it was attitude.

Awful game.

Needed more 2D school girls

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I have never played a single COD game before but the new one looks really good.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Had a conversation at work recently about this game. Almost the entire group assumed this was a remaster(they honestly don't pay super close attention to gaming news).

The moment I impressed upon them that this was a brand new game, their eyes lit up with confusion and bewildered interest.

Some hoped and were disappointed that it wasn't MW2 remastered, some were delighted it was actually wholly different. I was shocked at the messaging fail.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
To be honest yeah ok not hyped or anything in that nature but I will probably buy it after all the reviews are out and bugs are fixed. But yeah I actually like it.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Had a conversation at work recently about this game. Almost the entire group assumed this was a remaster(they honestly don't pay super close attention to gaming news).

The moment I impressed upon them that this was a brand new game, their eyes lit up with confusion and bewildered interest.

Some hoped and were disappointed that it wasn't MW2 remastered, some were delighted it was actually wholly different. I was shocked at the messaging fail.
The name is what kills it, people will be confused about the game because of the game name.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
yes. Infinite warfare was fantastic cod campaign. And MW and MW 2 i consider best cod campaigns. The new one looks as good if not better

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty interested in it. CoD has always been my go-to for 80s-era action movie fluff and I'm excited about everything I've seen so far.

Golden Boy

Dec 12, 2018
After watching a bit of gameplay I have to admit I'm truly interested in this game. I dropped out of the franchise after Modern Warfare 3 and returned when Modern Warfare Remastered was released. Boy, did I ever get burned out quickly when they started implementing MTX two months after launch. WW2 was an okay game, but this reboot looks very promising!

Apr 8, 2018
Graphically it looks really great and I'm interested to see what they do with the campaign, but I probably won't get it at launch. I've gotten COD at launch yearly since BO2, but it feels like I've rarely played these last few recent entries. Will definitely pick it up if it drops to ~$40 on Black Friday like BO4 did last year.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
I'm certainly VERY interested! I'm gonna wait to see what the population's like on PC 6 months after launch before buying, though. CoD games tend to die off pretty quickly over there, and I hope this one will be the exception.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017

Awful game.
Modern Warfare might be the only game that people claim "it's a satire" when its jingoism is brought up, and they'd actually be right.

Everyone who expresses that gung-ho, "America wins!" attitude dies horribly. Radiation from a nuke, shot in the back of the head, etc. And even still, the finale of the game is none too subtle about the consequences of war, given everyone around you is dead or dying and you just narrowly make it out by the skin of your teeth. The sequels would retcon and gloss over a lot of what MW1 was looking to criticize, but even in MWR, the heavy anti-nationalism, anti-imperialism angle of the story bleeds through quite strongly.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
As someone who has played all console CoD games since MW2: not in the slightest. Absolutely hate the return of Killstreaks, don't see what's supposed to be good at removing Pick 10, hate how fast the time to kill is and not a fun of maps having headglitch spots everywhere you look. Unless the Beta blows me away this might be the time for me to take a break from CoD for a year.
Also, considering Black Ops 4's microtransactions did better than WWII's even though they're infinitely more scummier I expect this game's microtransactions to be like they've implemented by the devil himself. Not to mention that they also have to make up for the loss of revenue from there no longer being a Season Pass.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I am yes but out of protest I'll wait until it's €35/30 on sale. The reason being they fucked us over on cod4 remastered. They kept a 10 year old dlc separate and charged more for it this time then the original.

And these 4 maps are useless because they never show up on the rotation as everybody in the lobby needs them. So we paid money for nothing. The ultimate scumbag move and the rotation needs the extra 4 maps as there are too few otherwise.

Unless they patch them in free for everybody and make them part of the rotation myself and my cod buddies will never buy an Activision title day 1 ever again. CTR I'm waiting for it to go on sale this holiday too.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Yessss. I haven't been excited for a new CoD to come out in years, until now.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I haven't been as hyped as I am for Call of Duty Modern Warfare since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (lol).

Don't care about the multiplayer.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the MP.

Worried about the balance/kill streaks/camping/etc. tho. Hopefully they nail that.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Yup! I haven't been this excited for a COD game since MW2 honestly. I left the series to jump over to Battlefield 3 but the last few releases have been shit.

Everything they're saying and revealed has me excited and weirdly recalling the good BF3 hype days too. Curious what the big announcement is on Monday...

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it's my most anticipated game after Remnant.

I'm not looking forward to the microtransaction nightmare that will start systematically ruining the game about a month from launch though.