• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarhab

Alt account
Banned
Jul 26, 2019
Yup. I was pretty burned out on Borderlands after playing BL2 for 90+ hours. BL3 doesn't look dramatically different so the EGS exclusivity makes it easy to wait.

Also, Shadow Warrior 2 raised the bar on combat and traversal in loot shooters and I have yet to see anything match it.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
You're gonna wait six months because you can't preload, can't post user reviews, can't access cloud saves, can't earn achievements, can't take quick and easy screenshots, don't get quick access to community guides in-game, can't take advantage of versatile control options with every contemporary video game controller on the market, can't play on Linux, and can't track your playtime?
Alright but apart from the preloading, the user reviews, the access to Cloud Saves, the achievements, the ease of taking and sharing screenshots, the community guides which are available in-game, the versatile control options for all contemporary controllers, Linux support, and playtime tracking... what has Steam ever done for us?!!

OP
OP
"D."

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
You're gonna wait six months because you can't preload, can't post user reviews, can't access cloud saves, can't earn achievements, can't take quick and easy screenshots, don't get quick access to community guides in-game, can't take advantage of versatile control options with every contemporary video game controller on the market, can't play on Linux, and can't track your playtime?
Someone who understands!

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably holding off, but not because of EGS. Just have a lot to play at the moment, so I'll pick it up later. Also need to play the new DLC for BL2.

Also looking forward to Link's Awakening more, which comes out a week after. That's a day one buy for sure.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
After three games my friends and I are kind of worn out on Borderlands. I'm also full-time Linux now, so Steam would be the platform of choice if I ever decide to get it.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. I'm going to play with friends on release. The only thing I was worried about missing from Steam was cloud saves and seems like that's being fixed so i'm indifferent to bl3 on steam vs egs for my usage. If anything it's a slight upgrade because for some reason Steam's controller config keeps messing up my controller in games and I'll have to reboot a game like mhw multiple times before steam stops trying to go into big picture mode and mess up my controller.

Brock2621

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Me, I'm 100% waiting. Epic not having preloading is just another thing to stack on the lies and dishonesty. I went from indifferent to strong disdain the more and more tweets from Tim that I read a few days ago.

As an aside, I think Randy is just as shady and blows off the handle on Twitter and it's just awful for a leader that represents hundreds of people at that company.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Probably won't even bother at this point, maybe the definitive edition with all dlc with a 50% sale next year if my boyfriend really wants to play it. We have iceborne to play together for next year anyway.

Soiks

Oct 27, 2017
Even ignoring my distaste of Epic's business practices and taking into account my love for the series it's a pretty easy pass for me. The store itself is lacking, nobody I played the previous games with is interested in getting it there and the last I saw was that it'd cost me twice as much as Borderlands 2 did at launch.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I didn't even know it wasn't launching on Steam day one. That's really disappointing. So yes, I'll wait until it's released on Steam.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
In short i am not starting another library at this point in my life. I have all other Blands games on Steam and i want to have complete collection there.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
For a second I thought about biting the bullet and getting it at launch from the Epic Games Store, but before I did that I seem some videos on YouTube that basically said the storefront is still for the most part lacking in basic features, not to mention preloading. Mess is crazy how this company has money to snatch up games, but doesn't seem to have the money, time, or whatever excuse to properly fix up their storefront...so cause of that I think it'll be safer for me to wait until it drops on Steam where I can at least have access to user reviews, a community and everything else.

Is anyone else taking the long wait as well? Or are you just gonna buy it on console? Thoughts?
Pretty weird to call out no preloading on epic as a reason to wait for steam. So waiting a couple extra hours for a download isn't acceptable, but waiting six extra months is?

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Depends on my friends, they are pretty excited for BL3 and have no idea whatsoever about this platform exclusivity thing. It's a non-issue for them.
If they jump, I gotta jump too. I don't mind much either actually.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nope as all of my friends play on console.

If I did play on PC I love Borderlands too much to pass up, I'd probably use some burner card to buy it on EGS.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
Not buying it on EGS unless they do a sale where it's <10 euros and even then I would double dip on Steam

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
I'd make a joke about waiting for a year to get it on a platform with preload as the OP mentioned that specifically but I'll just assume there are more relevant gripes.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
PS4 Pro so day 1. but my son and daughter who like to play on PC and PS4 will be playing on PS4 first so we can play together, and then on PC with PC friends "once it comes to steam"

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
I absolutely don't care about which platform is getting it first

Day one, Fl4k will have a hell of a good time with me, on the EGS

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Im grabbing it on Xbox so I don't have to wait.

Im not getting it on PC til it's on Steam, though. Or more accurately, til it can be bought away from EGS.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Official Staff Communication
There are already threads where you can discuss your plans regarding Borderlands 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.