• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I got RFA when it first came out but I only started using it regularly about six months ago.

Ill be honest here and say that I do feel more energetic, but I don't really see much difference. My weight hasn't changed.

How was your experience? Are you still using it regularly? Can you see some improvements?

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I fall in and out of depression but I'll be honest it's a great workout and it does give me more energy

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Used it for a month in May last year. Got bored. Turns out I hate workouts that are timed or based on things I can't control. I can't wait to just get back to the gym.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up about a month and a half ago, and I feel like a genius, since restrictions have only gotten more severe here since then.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I got RFA when it first came out but I only started using it regularly about six months ago.

Ill be honest here and say that I do feel more energetic, but I don't really see much difference. My weight hasn't changed.

How was your experience? Are you still using it regularly? Can you see some improvements?

I mean, did you change your eating behavior?

You can do exercises way more intense than ring fit and not lose weight because your eating habits are still suboptimal.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I use it regularly. It's good for keeping pounds off during quarantine, but it's not a substitute for weights or the gym. But I got it early during lockdown and I definitely don't regret it.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat NG+ last week, something like 160 hours of playtime, not sure about exercise time. I only do it 3 or so times a week now, I find it's a lot less satisfying at this point with so few rewards left on the treadmill to earn, but it's still good.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife still uses it nearly every day. She's been on it for around 6 months. Loves it and is about halfway through NG++

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I got Ring Fit in January as a late Christmas present from the partner. It has been so much fun and I do feel better from it. I have had a lacking three weeks off from it, though that's in part because the teaching term has gotten crazier. The actual game is fantastic and really has that perfect balance of gym "workout" and game.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
GF and I were pretty rock solid on it for a few months, but then she injured her shoulder, so we've been sticking with the treadmill since then. We want to get back into, but not sure if we want to start over or not.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a poster that got a six pack from it?
what, i'm fit i used to go to gym everyday and practiced martial arts and never got a six pack, someone used ring fit and got it?
tenor.gif

if its real life is too unfair

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I want to get back into it, been out since around.. wow, the middle of 2020 now? (Surprised myself heh). I need to get out of the mind set that I don't have time, but in reality I have plenty of time. I had waaaay more energy when I played it, so I really should.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at level 71 with about 10 hours of playtime. But I only use it as a warm up (10-15 minutes at a time) before I do a weightlifting workout with my home weights. So in terms of use, still pretty regularly- as often as I do my weightlifting so 3-4 times a week for the last 6 months.
I do recommend it. I enjoy the hell out of it and I am practically addicted to it now. Its just that don't see much change on the outside yet. Maybe it takes time.
Like they say, six-packs are made in the kitchen. You need to adjust your diet to also see results.

Nov 11, 2017
All the time! It's been my main source of exercise throughout the pandemic

EDIT- No real 'results' as far as weight loss, but I haven't been strictly dieting or anything, I mostly just use it to stay active since I'm sitting most of my day

OP
OP
Tomo815

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I mean, did you change your eating behavior?

You can do exercises way more intense than ring fit and not lose weight because your eating habits are still suboptimal.

Thanks this is a good point. I think I did, but nothing extreme. I always ate healthy food, no junk food or sugary drinks, but I used to eat more. Only Recently I was able to eat slightly less. I am less hungry or maybe less ready to stuff myself out of habit. But its not a big change and I am still heavy lol.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had to stop using it last year after an unrelated injury and I'm about to start it back up as my rehab gets going soon.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I fall in and out of depression but I'll be honest it's a great workout and it does give me more energy
couldn't have said it better myself lol

What a great game though, just wrapped up another world the other day. I'm on and off it, and usually playing it for a bit gets me to start going to the gym in my building or out on runs again. I'm not in any rush to finish it... but it's a super low barrier way to get me back into working out when I fall off the wagon.

Definitely deserves a slot in smash :)

Also, when I'm playing it I definitely see results. OP, what difficulty setting are you at? Have you raised it as you've progressed?

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
I just used it again. My girlfriend uses it much more. But I am planning to put it in my daily routine now.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Been playing every day since the game came out, give or take. It has been invaluable during lockdown and I've never been in this good of a shape. I drop every other workout routine I do, but this definitely works for me. God bless Ring Fit Adventure.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I need to get back into it. I was in and out of my usual routine over the holidays, and my usual workout area in my house experienced minor flooding a month and a half ago so I haven't been back to my routine in a while. I think the restoration guys are supposed to put in carpet this week, so I'm hoping to start back up once everything gets moved back in there.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I've been used it for the past month or so (today was day 35), I don't know if I'm losing weight or gaining muscles or whatever but it has been good fun. Mostly. Fuck squats.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I played it today! I've been pretty rare on it this year though, tbh, doing other exercises more than last year instead, but early in lockdown for a good few months I was putting in 20-30m of exercise every day or two for months. It's a great game, though like 70% through NG+ at level 245 or so and I know there's no new skills until after NG+ is done, so it's getting a bit repetitive only using the most viable skills...

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Yeah still are and played it today. Trying to get in 2-3 sessions a week right now, but there are weeks where I don´t do any. It´s realy the only thing besides cycling tours that keep me motivated right now and thanks to home office I spend nearly the whole day sitting around so I need the excercise. Bought it back in October and lost a bit of weight but now it´s mostly stable, noticed that I build up a lot of muscles on my legs which were already quite strong due to a lot of cycling.

Lihwem

Mar 17, 2020
It's an amazingly well-made fitness app and a proper AAA Nintendo video game. It has all the polish you can expect from the latter and has most likely been QA'd to death. It's an incredible piece of software.

As an audio designer myself, I've been continuously amazed by the quality, not only of the audio in general, but also and mostly of the interactive music in the game. I even made a video to showcase some of its systems to some audio people around me, because I find it sad that it's not spoken about more in game audio discussions:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I do, even though I'm doing like 2 months break sometime, but I have surprised that I still do.
I finally reached the last story chapter as well, it tooks 16 months but here we go.

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
I see plenty of people playing it in my Switch dasboard.
And know a couple of new buyers during the last fe wmonths IRL.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I don't find it to be a good replacement for lifting weights + treadmill/elliptical, but it's better than nothing so I'm still doing it. Once I get the vaccine and can feel okay going in a gym, I don't think I'll keep playing it.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Taking it up and changing the way I eat has helped me lose 10 pounds and made it so I dont need to take metformin anymore. It's had a much bigger impact on me than I anticipated!

Has gotten me to the point where I actually want to buy a workout set and take the training further, but it's hard enough eeaking out time for this as is.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I (try to) use it every other day. It's not ever going to result in much in terms of weight loss, but it's better than not doing any exercise at all. The fact that it's so simple and straightforward makes it easy to stick to a routine. Disguising it behind RPG trappings makes for good progression, too.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I really enjoyed it during the time I used it and it gives pretty good workouts. I used it right until I invested in an adjustable Kettlebell, which I found to be a much better workout.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's worth the asking price?

I keep hovering on this purchase.

IMO - it's the single best at-home purely resistance workout money can buy. It's VERY good.

But like any workout, you only get what you put into it. I beat the game last summer and didn't really get into new game plus the way I thought I would (Plus we had a few days there where you could go back to the gym). I should start over again since it'll be a good 2 or 3 months before I can get vaccinated.