• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Won't get too much into spoiler detail but it's been serviceable. A nice little return to Batman: The Animated Series world. (Seriously, where are my new episodes HBO Max. I'll subscribe in a heartbeat) Though the attempt to put Jason Todd into the DCAU is... a little messy.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Won't get too much into spoiler detail but it's been serviceable. A nice little return to Batman: The Animated Series world. (Seriously, where are my new episodes HBO Max. I'll subscribe in a heartbeat) Though the attempt to put Jason Todd into the DCAU is... a little messy.

I am. I find it okay. A lot of continuity errors and choices I really don't like.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the action figures the other day and didn't know there was also a comic series.

Unfortunately, Bruce Timm's more recent work and the Batman Beyond comics have soured me on going back to that canon. I also imagine the tone is more The New Batman Adventures than the original Batman: The Animated Series. Despite loving the focus on the family, I never really got over Bruce's personality change.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
I know this might be a touchy subject but is the... Barbara and Bruce subplot in this?

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm a big fan of Batman Adventures. I'm just missing one single issue and the Mask of the Phantasm to complete the whole run.

Have only read the first issue and enjoyed it, even if the twist was obvious.

I guess the problem is that it's clearliy made to sell a series of specific DC collectibles figures, so they will have to insert these on every issue of the mini-series.

Like, it's obvious the first issue is about selling the Dark Knight Returns armor in Batman Animated style. This does not mean the series is bad or will be bad, but has to present difficulties.

I should be getting the rest of the currently available issues in a week or two from my comic book store.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It's neat. There's quite a few continuity errors, but that'll really only be picked up by DCAU diehards.

It's pretty neat for what it is otherwise though

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I just saw the action figures the other day and didn't know there was also a comic series.

Unfortunately, Bruce Timm's more recent work and the Batman Beyond comics have soured me on going back to that canon. I also imagine the tone is more The New Batman Adventures than the original Batman: The Animated Series. Despite loving the focus on the family, I never really got over Bruce's personality change.
Timm ain't much unfortunately without Dini and McDuffie(RIP) keeping him in check.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
My store has not provided me with the holiday issue, but the main story has ended.

How did you guyst feel about it?

I feel like it's a bit dark compared to the usual tone of the series. Getting all those characters into the DC Animated universe was not as smooth as it could have been.