• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Personally, yes. Androgyny is very attractive. The gal and guy forms both have a lot to offer in terms of "shit you look good!" and straddling the line between them just seems like the best of both worlds, honestly.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it definitely can be

I'm a straight cis man who finds androgyny very attractive (though maybe that means there's a better descriptor for me than "straight," but I haven't really found one yet). But I'll echo the sentiment around the thread that confidence can absolutely do a lot of heavy lifting when it comes to how you're perceived. Good luck with your transition! Sounds tough, but I bet it'll be worth every bit of frustration.
If you find one let me know cos I'd say similar; straight but femboys confuse me

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
"androginy" CAN be attractive.
See the fashion world for lots of examples, specially like around 2010's that the fashion world went berserk on trans and NB models.

But it is more "bishounem"/emo rock band androginy ... aka the "thin, rockstar look" and not the .... (for lack of better word) "it's pat" androginy

Oct 27, 2017
I think being attractive is attractive lol. But there are obviously people more attracted to androgynous people like there others to more traditionally masculine and feminine looks

DemyxC

Dec 3, 2020
Back then they didn't want you, now your hot they all on you!

Perceived good looks>almost everything.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
as with anything certain people pull it off better than others. sounds like you pull it off pretty well

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Probably because now you look more conventionally attractive than before. But yes Androgyny has always been a popular/fashionable look. David Bowie, Prince & Boy George to name a few have always had broad sexual appeal. Have fun with your new look!

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Androgyny is attractive as hell! I uh... might be biased tho. >.>

Doesn't feel like it with the comments I've gotten about it, but maybe that's the people and environment that's around me not being receptive of any of my changes.

Your hair is fine. In some ways it's better than mine even and makes me jealous. :p

Also, I'm feeling kinda jaded right now because when I was Ugly McUglyface, I was ignored. But NOW they want to talk to me!?
4. My eyes changed colors from a deep almost most black brown to a hazel-ish color

Hormones do have a tendency to bring out more confident traits in a person, even subconsciously. So that could play a factor beyond just mere looks.

Oh, speaking of eye color, mine went from blue to a centralized heterochromic blue/green on hormones. It's pretty fascinating that hormones can do that.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's impossible to know my gender just looking at me and I got hundreds of matches when trying Tinder

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
This is an incredibly subjective, and honestly depending on your perspective, a very loaded subject as well. People find physical attraction in all sorts of things.

I think that judging from general societal standards of beauty, androgyny can be considered attractive if the person fits into those standards, but androgyny by itself is unlikely to be thought of as attractive. If a conventionally unattractive cis woman has some physical traits that make them somewhat resemble a conventionally unattractive cis man, to the point where they resemble a bit of both at the same time, they're unlikely to get any additional sexy points for it, for most people; like for the general audience lol. No matter how one person presents, they'll still need to be conventionally attractive either way, for better or worse. Mostly worse.

Keep in mind, that's conventional standards. Even if someone is what most people would consider conventionally unattractive, there's still a lot of things they can do to elevate their physical appearance past that. Contrary to popular belief, it's actually extremely hard to not attract someone else. It's just mostly people have an over-inflated sense of self-worth and only consider their attraction successful if they're attracting someone of a specific "level", while ignoring everyone else who would gladly use your ass as a mask anyday.

With that said, I also don't think it needs to be. The last thing I think people want is to be objectified, and this notion that your identity can be fetishized by itself is frankly a bit weird??

All it does is remind me of all the lesbian characters in anime, drawn and written exclusively by men, presented almost exclusively from a male gaze perspective, and designed specifically to fetishize lesbianism with the edgy provocative camera angles and systematic over-romanticization of a lesbian relationship -- and then someone comes along and goes, "wow this is so progressive". I mean, it isn't. Your value should not be tied to how well you make straight men's PP hard, and if that's the only measure by which your identity is allowed to be exposed publicly in media then that doesn't even qualify as a conditional victory.

It's a tiny bit disgusting, and I think we'd do well to make an active effort to separate the concept of attractiveness or beauty from identity itself. This isn't a dig at OP by the way! I think most people do that without even realizing they're doing it, I'm just saying there's ways to mitigate some of the distasteful, offensive, if not outright harmful side-effects of that kind of thinking.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on who you're trying to attract. And that goes for all "is X attractive" questions.

Men in SK wear makeup. Men in the U.S would not get away with that as easily in certain crowds. Others may like it. Etc.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
People go crazy for male K-pop idols so I'd say yes.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Straight married male here and I've always considered androgynous people attractive for whatever that's worth.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Cishet male and like with most things related to attraction, sometimes it can be. Case in point: for whatever reason Tilda Swinton just does something to me.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't feel like it with the comments I've gotten about it, but maybe that's the people and environment that's around me not being receptive of any of my changes.
I'd say, I think you've looked great in everything you've shared with our personal group. When you get where you eventually going I bet things get better.

moriquendi

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say attraction subjective and personal. For me generally not - but there have been exceptions.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
It can be super attractive depending on if the persons good looking or not by whatever standards I process that.

Heads up though, the "went through male puberty in middle age too late to transition" is shitty myth that's pushed to keep us silenced and in the closet, it's never too late to transition and get real change.
Seriously! I'm convinced this shit is a psyop. I've been on HRT for 7 months now and my appearance has changed drastically. I've been told by multiple people that would have no reason to lie to me about it. It's never too late to be your true self.

Anyway, it depends on the person. I'm not attracted to men at all, but a more masc-presenting/androgynous woman definitely does something for me. Disregarding physical attraction, I'm a lot more likely to befriend or feel comfortable around an androgynous-presenting man than someone with a typical cishet presentation.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
As an (open-minded) het male I find it attractive. But at a larger scale, it really depends where you are. You do you OP.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Not for me personally but you could make a very strong argument for androgyny and Asian countries

Oct 27, 2017
I would say yes.

A quick look at Asian superstars and you can notice a lot of androgynic look the biggest ones have.

And considering how much attention you seem to be getting after starting HRT treatment I would say you are very attractive!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
In general not for me personally, but I'm a cishet woman pretty much exclusively into bearded dudes (with some exceptions, also triple bonus points for long hair) so I'm not very representative I think xD

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
OP, embrace it! Don't think back on how you didn't get noticed before. Tastes are different and the people giving you attention now are probably not the same people that would have given you attention before if you looked like a Chad (for lack of a better word).