• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
cLnENFK.jpg

Freshly revealed in Pokemon Sword & Shield's new trailer, Allister's glove struck me right away. Unlike all of the other gym leaders revealed thus far, he wears his on the left side. Lefty confirmed, right? I was wondering if there are any other Pokemon characters we know are left-handed, or if he is the first of the lot. If so, kind of a big deal!

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Umm, what exactly is the purpose of the glove anyway? To increase grip on the Pokeball you're about to throw?

Relevance to representation

Garruk

Banned
Jul 21, 2020
Sorry, this is a bit offtopic. But I still can't create threads. This great news from the starter post reminded me how poorly lef-handed people are represented in games. LGBTQ + appears more and more in popular projects, and it's really cool, but the left is simply forgotten. The developers pretend that we don't exist. At school, teachers try to correct us, as if we are something unnatural. We are ignored, and the heroes of most games are right-handed. We don't even normally have a choice in the game settings. I only remember Pathfinder Kingmaker, where I was given the right to choose to be right-handed or left-handed and all that. And this ignorance causes sadness.