• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Women aren't a hivemind, so I would expect their reaction to this to be pretty diverse. If they're not allergic, it's pretty much anyone's guess.

Just be yourself, at all times. And if you ever change, do it for yourself. Anything else will be a charade you won't be happy maintaining and won't be able to keep up forever.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I've never heard of this lol. Where the heck is this from? Those pesky Red Pillers again?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
If something as simple as owning a cat is a turn off to a women then there's probably going to be a lot of reasons I wouldn't date this woman

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Any pet not capable of killing another human being is simply not masculine enough.

Well, then the cat perfectly fits the bill. Those fuckers are more than capable to kill a human, they just don't because they prefer to use us as slaves.

I knew a huge pitbull near my school when i was a kid that was scared shitless or cats. And it was for good reasons since one cat gouged out one of his eyes and teared down entirely one ear. According to the owners, it was done in no more than two seconds. Cats are dangereous when they want to.

Oct 30, 2017
You either have a cat who leaves you guys alone when it's time to fuck or you have a dog who will smell your date's butthole and smile at you from the side of the bed the entire time.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Women generally like cats. It's men that act stupid about it, ostensibly because cats require one to have empathy in order to build a relationship with and dogs will respond to you barking orders like a jerkoff and love you anyway.

My now-fiancee told me one of the moments she first realized she liked me was when I stopped by an old spot to put food out for the feral cats. And even before we were dating she would come over just to visit the cats.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
1. One of the things that drew my now-wife to me was the fact that I had a cat.

2. You asking this says more about you than it says about any potential woman you'd date.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I like the kitties. What's wrong with it? At least it's not a ferret.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
is your mom your "roomate" and is your name colt? then probally yes unless you get a brazillian bride who wants her green card.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
I saw a recent Match profile where the girl said you got a cat at home then that's the only pussy you're gonna see 😂

The thing is, though, is that the kind of person you would actually want to be with. I wouldn't spend my time trying to win over a kind of person who actively dislikes things I enjoy. Especially with something as universally beloved as pets, you're not actually limiting your dating pool in any profound way either.

Nurturing and caring for another living animal isn't a negative quality in a partner, unless you're a bad owner. Live your life.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
women don't all think and feel the same things or have the same preferences

some like cats, some like men with cats, some like non-binary people with snakes

people are complicated

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
It's probably a turn off to some kind of women but overall not a problem. I can see it being an issue if the cat is all you talk about and you're a super "cat person".

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Having a pet is a turn off in general.

Be a real man and deal with your crippling depression and social anxiety by yourself with the lights turned off.

Birds are the best.

OP
OP
Deleted member 21339
Oct 28, 2017
It's probably a turn off to some kind of women but overall not a problem. I can see it being an issue if the cat is all you talk about and you're a super "cat person".

Def not one of those I just was thinking about getting a little companion to have around the house because I live alone. Plus there's s shelter within walking distance from my place that's overflowing with cats.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
As others have said, it really depends on the person. When I was dating, you can kind of tell the people (at least, on online dating) who were cool with cats and who weren't.

It may narrow down your field slightly (as it did mine at the time), but you're going to be only down a couple options. Most seem cool with cats.

Oct 29, 2017
I mean if you enjoy having cats as pets I don't think that's something to be "ashamed" of.

If you're one of those Reddit cat people then yeah dial that shit back. The problem in that case is not the cat, it's that you'd be acting weird about it. Rule #2 of dating: don't be weird (not the endearing kind of "weird" at least).

I saw a recent Match profile where the girl said you got a cat at home then that's the only pussy you're gonna see 😂

There's also MAGA supporters, racists, "swipe LEFT if you're below 6ft4 ughhghghgh"-types and "send me money my venmo is ___ lolol" profiles.

In short, there's always assholes who you don't want to date. Be thankful they show their true colors on their profile instead of you having to waste your time by digging that shit out of them in conversation/dates.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've ever heard of this. I would think most people would see this as a benefit. Unless they hate cats in general. :(

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I have heard this before, but this type of thinking is really only for the lamest, squarest people. It's just a very traditionalist, arbitrary masculinity test.

That said, depends on number of cats owned:

1 - cool
2 - still cool
3 - man you really like cats huh
5 - sooo...what's up with that?
17 - OK I'm not coming to your house

EDIT: yeah the worst part about the litter box is not the box itself(if you take care of it), it's the cats getting little specks of litter around the area and furniture and stuff

Oct 25, 2017
In an age where people are calling out the issues with gender norms louder than ever, just do what you want dude.

Just make sure your cat doesn't scratch your would be date.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Ask yourself: Do you really want to be with a woman who thinks a cat is a dealbreaker?

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I read the topic title as: "Is a single man with a cat for a house a turn off to women?"

And I was just thinking, "meh probably not."

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
Plus you can tell them how you saved the cat from a fire, among a few kids, and kind of felt responsable for it, that is the kind of person you are.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Most women I know seem to love cats, so I'd think it a bonus.

Me, I'm allergic, and feel like literally everyone who isn't, insists on getting cats. It makes me a sad panda.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nah and not every woman is the same.
Everyone likes and dislikes different things.

Have 2 8 year old boys and never had a problem with dating or bringing women home with me.
Even that one with allergies simply took a pill/tablet and it was fine to go for a couple hours.

Currently texting with someone and everytime i send her pictures from my cats she melts and wants to meet them & hopefully she wont forget about me once she is coming over.

Just get a cat because you really want a cat but at the same time stop being insecure.
Don't get one if you know you throw it out for the first woman that dislikes cats

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
If it is, that's ok with me.

utlqmruea8xagohwoo5l7pjpv.jpg

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Short answer: no.
Long answer: any woman who got bent out of shape over that isn't worth your time.