• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is a QANON President Inevitable?

• Yes, the US is exactly that dumb to let this happen.

Votes: 511 65.4%
  • No, the US have learned their lesson from Trump.

Votes: 270 34.6%

• Total voters

EAUA

Banned
Nov 8, 2019
Let's face it folks, people aren't that smart. This QANON things keeps growing and growing because it's a mono-myth of sorts, it explains and links together every other conspiracy that came before it. So, at this point it's kind of too big to fail and will be with us for an at least an entire generation.

Do you think this is what the Republican Party will become after Trump?

Will there come a charismatic leader, true believer or not that will be able to walk the line between energizing this new base of idiots, while also reaching out to the greater public to become President of United States?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, but not because they've learned their lesson from Trump.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
With Facebook actively banning it, QAnon has lost its biggest platform, it's going to fade into obscurity and be forgotten in the next few years. Deplatforming is a hell of a thing

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
We've already got one

A dummy who'll believe whoever is in front of him

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Qanon isn't a real thing. It is just a name for being a dumb ass with too much time on your hands.

Trump is already this, it'll happen again for sure even if the name is different.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
The Republican party has pretty much become the party of Trump, and there are already several politicians who are Qanon believers and who are set to become elected to office/already are elected.

I can guarantee that the 2024 Republican candidate will be just as far right as Trump if not even farther, and I would not be surprised if they are Qanon believers.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I follow politics every day and I still don't really know what QAnon is outside of associating it with crazy conspiracy theories.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Specifically Qanon? I wouldn't say it's inevitable, could happen though.

A president who wants to cause massive amounts of damage marginalized groups of people usually including but not limited to the Jewish people under the guise of a messiah like figure writing the wrongs of the world? Happened before and no doubt will happen again.

Deleted member 31199

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I say no because even the Libertarian and Green Party hasn't even gotten close to the Democratic and Republican Parties. If you are asking is it possible for a QANON candidate to get to the GOP? Maybe but for now I will say no.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Inevitable? No. Possible? Sure.

I feel like Q is going to morph into some other weird bullshit once Trump is out though. Half the draw of Q is that Trump is some ultra-patriot super genius, which I don't really think is an idea with an expanding market at this point.

But I'm so disconnected from the Q world that fuck if I really know.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Qanon isn't a real thing. It is just a name for being a dumb ass with too much time on your hands.

Trump is already this, it'll happen again for sure.

If enough merchandise is sold, anything is real.

Oh look who it is! The head of the NYPD police union with a really cool mug.
200717185507-mullins-fox-news-exlarge-169.jpg

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Like most conspiracy theories, the specifics mean it has a limited lifespan as a viable conspiracy. The general underlying aspects will be present in other conspiracies, but, this next part is important, because-

No. If you are a victim to conspiracy thinking you lack the means to ever become US president.

Also your poll options don't make sense.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
Trump fighting off a cabal of deep state pedophiles is at the heart of the qanon conspiracy theory. Trump is the qanon president.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Yes the conditions that created Qanon will only grow over time so it or something like it will eventually filter all the way to the top.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a binary choice because the reasons listed in the poll aren't the only ones that are there.

QAnon is a special kind of crazy that probably wouldn't get nearly as much traction if they revealed itself as an actual person. Part of the reason why the wild mishmash of conspiracy theories speak to some people is because it's vague enough so that people can fill in the blanks. Revealing yourself as an actual person would create a lot of holes that an online presence can conveniently hide right now.

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
The Republican party has pretty much become the party of Trump, and there are already several politicians who are Qanon believers and who are set to become elected to office/already are elected.

I can guarantee that the 2024 Republican candidate will be just as far right as Trump if not even farther, and I would not be surprised if they are Qanon believers.

As dumb as the Republican party is right now, I can't see them pushing another Trump-like candidate in 2024 if Trump loses by 10+ points in 2020. There will be a lot of post-election talk about "expanding the base".

Misterman

Jun 10, 2018
It'll likely die with Trump but some other conspiracy theories will just take its place sooner orblater

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They won't have enough mainstream support, but I doubt the country has "learned its lesson". And while their supporters are quite vocal and sometimes dangerous, I think Trumpism and qanon will be the downfall of the GOP. They'll write about this era like they wrote about the death of the whigs

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even going to pretend I have the slightest idea what 2024 or 2028 will bring in U.S. politics.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
No, but not because they've learned their lesson from Trump.

+1

The reason a Qesident isn't inevitable is because, even as much as it represents a growing portion of the Republican Party, the Republican Party itself represents an ever-shrinking portion of the USA itself, maintained at this point only through the most underhanded and dastardly of methodologies in a blind, raging attempt to spite basic demographic realities.

Trump is basically the last chance the GOP has to do enough raw damage to America to prevent the natural course of events from washing them away over time, which is why they've been all-in on suppressing voting, abusing immigrants, tearing down cities, and of course, stacking courts to try and mutilate the rule of law. They're trying to hold back the tide with teacups, and while it's admittedly been a Herculean effort, it is doomed to ultimately fail.

Oct 27, 2017
qanon has about as much staying power as beanie babies
the crazies will move on to something else once their fun is over

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
This is literally the Qannon president, so yes it can probably happen again. Only someone smarter like Tom Cotton might effectively use it to oust any opposition.

I don't think it's likely though. I'm actually more worried they'll become violent lone wolf extremists or be lured over by one of the many militias out there.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017

We just had an argument with a family member who actually believes this shit. We're at a complete loss and feeling emotionally exhausted.

I had the luxury of not thinking anyone close to me was this short sighted and unwilling to consider other information sources outside of internet conspiracies ...until today.

Fuck.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Qanon in particular? probably not,can't imagine that will be around very long term

something else equally stupid? probably

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
By this time next year no one will have any idea what the fuck Qanon was. The loonies will have moved on to something else.