• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
200px-YearofLuigilogo.png

In 2013, Nintendo finally gave the green plumber the recognition he deserves. They dedicated the entire year to Luigi, and had a fantastic slew of releases throughout.

Now a lot of people have noticed, 2019's lineup for Nintendo is looking incredibly similar to Nintendo's 2013. Let's take a look, shall we?

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe -> New Super Luigi U
Animal Crossing -> Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion 3 -> Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Pokémon -> Pokémon XY
Fire Emblem: Three Houses -> Fire Emblem Awakening
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey -> Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Pretty striking resemblance, eh? But that's not all! 2013 saw the release of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and The Wonderful 101, and whaddaya know, a new 2D Zelda and a new Platinum game are rumored for 2019!

On top of that, we have the announced Pikmin 4 and Shin Megami Tensei V. Their predecessors, Pikmin 3 and Shin Megami Tensei IV, came out in the Year of Luigi, so it's only fitting that these games come out in the Year of Luigi 2.

So what say you, Era? Is it time to celebrate the lesser Mario brother once again?

BTW: the Fiscal Year of Luigi was Nintendo's worst financial year ever, so there's a good chance Nintendo dies this year.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I er rather not see a repeat of 2013, I don't think I can stomach three mediocre game back to back again.

I am too old for that shit.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately just thought that AV club article was a JoeyPockett gag.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo died in 2013. Currently is a walking dead.

Damm Luigi... He deserved to die in the castlevania-smash trailer. Fuck you Luigi. Nobody loves you.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
I always remember hating the Year of Luigi cause Ryan Davis passed away that year.

FUCK all Years of Luigi.

Edit: Also Luigi sucks.