• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
Whoa wtf, there was another Iron Man VR thread running alongside mine?

lmao, separated by minutes. Thanks mods for combining.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird the trailer at State of Play looked underwhelming. Why couldn't they just show a gameplay montage in the reveal trailer?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Definitely on the list of games I'm interested in, there is some juicy stuff on the vr games front.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Given the positive impressions of Iron Man VR and the focus on VR during the State of Play, I think it's fair to say that PSVR 2 for the PS5 is all but guaranteed. No point investing all these resources in a technology that'll only live until the end of this generation.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Sony are like Thanos collecting the Infinity Stones with all these Superhero collaborations.

I hope they get even more.

Is Spider-Man PS4 confirmed to be part of a shared universe? It had the New York Sanctum, had several tony stark and black panther references. Would be really cool if we did get another marvel superhero character open world game!

keraj37

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account.
It's weird the trailer at State of Play looked underwhelming. Why couldn't they just show a gameplay montage in the reveal trailer?

tenor.gif

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Is Spider-Man PS4 confirmed to be part of a shared universe? It had the New York Sanctum, had several tony stark and black panther references. Would be really cool if we did get another marvel superhero character open world game!
They teased a marvel game universe pre launch in an interview i think.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
So I admittedly didn't read everything but just wanted to ask if this requires move controllers?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Add another one to the list of amazing VR games? I seriously need to get a PSVR after I get a Pro.

Edit: Lol this thread disappeared for a bit and I was like "THANOS!"

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Goodness gracious. If State of Play opened with actual gameplay instead of the tiny snippets of cloud shots I feel like it would have been better received.

The game looks solid.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Definitely weird how the State of Play trailer made it look like a cheap Mobile VR game.

This new footage looks so much better and it's great to hear positive impressions already. Iron-Man VR went from a not interested to day one buy.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of the people that thought it looked a bit "tired" from the snippets in the reveal. Glad to see that it's actually an ambitious use of the license.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
IGN: Iron Man VR Is a Blast
After my initial few minutes of rough flying, though, I found my flying footing with Camouflaj's intriguing gameplay. And while I'm probably not quite ready for a spot on The Avengers, the amount of intuitive flying freedom Marvel's Iron Man gives you makes for a surprisingly enjoyable ride in Stark's shoes.

So, a little bit about the groundwork of how Marvel's Iron Man works — it's not on rails, though you can shoot. You control Iron Man's flight by mirroring the movement of his palms with your PlayStation Move controllers. Hold them parallel to the ground, and they act as open-faced palms to blast upward, while turning them perpendicular will allow you to zoom forward. You can thrust independently with each hand, though, so you can keep yourself hovering with your left hand while blasting hacked Stark drones with your right. Tony also has an effective rocket punch move that not only works as a melee skill but also propels you forward in quick bursts, which can be an effective dodging maneuver.
The tools were there for me to take advantage of them, but they really need to be put into practice to learn them. Camouflaj's system makes a lot of smart calls, and having a full 360-degrees of motion to turn around and fly in prevents the experience from ever feeling limited.

I didn't nail every move, but as I got the hang of maneuvering, I increasingly enjoyed my time with Marvel's Iron Man VR, and wished I had more time to zoom around in it. By the end of my demo, I found myself really getting into the groove of dodging, flying, and shooting in a way that felt natural, powerful, and fun.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/02/marvels-iron-man-vr-hands-on-preview

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
SyFy Wire
We jumped in at the beginning and learned to fly, which took a bit of getting used to. That's a good thing. What it means is that you use the Move controllers exactly like Tony would use the jets in his hands. Once you imagine yourself in the armor, you totally get the hang of it. We got to hang out in front of Tony's Malibu digs and fly around while Pepper spoke to us in the com. There's plenty of time to learn to fly through tunnels, to shoot and to punch, and it really makes you feel like a superhero. It's really immersive, but it gives new players a chance to get used to what they're doing before they pop into the brand new storyline.

We spoke to Ryan Payton, one of the designers on the game from Camouflaj, who told us that they had decided to use Ghost and make her a woman before they found out that the same thing was happening in Ant-Man and The Wasp. He described her as a "demon from his past." He also said they wanted more female representation in the game, which is why they decided on a female Ghost — and between Ghost, Pepper, and Friday, Tony was the only guy we saw at the beginning of story mode. Later in the game you're going to be able to build and customize your suit and play a number of missions.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marvels-iron-man-vr-concrete-genie-and-more-from-the-sony-vr-event

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Are the psmove controllers mandatory? I really don't want to shell out money for that piece of outdated hardware.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I hope one of the suit upgrade is one of those crazy weapon from Infinity War. already imagining some Jehuty kind of weapons for Ironman.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
One good thing about getting older is realising that, when others are rushing to post the hottest of takes, you don't have to give your opinion, can just sit back and say IDGAF but you guys make fools of yourselves for my entertainment.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Previews & gifs looking goooood. Looks like we might get another VR killer title which is just fantastic.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
If they just showed the gifs without the text you'd all still all be calling it shit - not sure what they showed in SOP that's not in those gifs (except for the cinematics).

One good thing about getting older is realising that, when others are rushing to post the hottest of takes, you don't have to give your opinion, can just sit back and say IDGAF but you guys make fools of yourselves for my entertainment.

lol, aye

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Well that was a lot more interesting than I expected. This actually seems like it will be an awesome VR game. I hope it really nails the flight mechanics.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Ok definitely interested, the State of Play footage was not great judging by the gifs in this thread.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
If this game can deliver, this could be a killer app for playstation VR, imagine a well reviewed iron man vr game, especially with all the marvel hype lately, could help sell a lot of VR headsets (heck, an iron man vr game that is actually good is the thing that gets me closest to buying a headset, that is kinda crazy).

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
That looks way better then I expected. My only concern now is if that gameplay can stay fresh for 8 hours.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, so this is full 3D movement? I thought it was going to be on rails. This is looking much better than I expected.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Why didn't they just show those gifs in the reveal trailer? It looks amazing!

It's pretty much Megaton Rainfall with more money and Iron Man.

Day 1!!!