• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I haven't touched the VR in a long time to be honest, its been like one and a half year. Im a huge Marvel fan, like a crazy marvel fan, and Im thinking of putting on the VR headset again for this.
How is it in everyones opinion? Im afraid to read too much of the OP in case of spoilers :P

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I haven't touched the VR in a long time to be honest, its been like one and a half year. Im a huge Marvel fan, like a crazy marvel fan, and Im thinking of putting on the VR headset again for this.
How is it in everyones opinion? Im afraid to read too much of the OP in case of spoilers :P
There's a free demo you can try

Oct 28, 2017
Did you play Saints and Sinners? Unbelievable game. Even by non VR standards.

Anyway, hope I can get to play this title at some point. Loved it at gamescom
I didn't like that game, but that's coming from someone against modern AAA gaming in general and boy oh boy did this game feel like a modern AAA game. All the looting and crafting you can dream of! I hate it.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like that game, but that's coming from someone against modern AAA gaming in general and boy oh boy did this game feel like a modern AAA game. All the looting and crafting you can dream of! I hate it.
"Against modern gaming"? A substantial chunk of modern gaming is the same as old gaming. Just with more QOL.

Saints and Sinners is pretty much unlike any other game with looting or crafting. 99% of games with looting and crafting are sandbox survival things - Saints and Sinners isn't. It's more like The Last of Us meets State of Decay. The "day" loop, the way looting is 90% about your own survival rather than just making shit for the sake of it, etc... like if you don't loot in Saints and Sinners you basically lose the game. Your health and stamina caps go down to nothing unless you find medicine, your weapons will become defunct and empty...

I'm not very into looting or crafting and consider Saints and Sinners borderline a masterpiece. Easy 9/10. Its rough edges are worth it.

Did you play long? I know some people who only played for 30-60 minutes, didn't "get" it, and quit. You only really "get" the game after a couple of hours and it's glorious. So immersive and an incredible adventure.

Oct 28, 2017
"Against modern gaming"? A substantial chunk of modern gaming is the same as old gaming. Just with more QOL.

Saints and Sinners is pretty much unlike any other game with looting or crafting. 99% of games with looting and crafting are sandbox survival things - Saints and Sinners isn't. It's more like The Last of Us meets State of Decay. The "day" loop, the way looting is 90% about your own survival rather than just making shit for the sake of it, etc... like if you don't loot in Saints and Sinners you basically lose the game. Your health and stamina caps go down to nothing unless you find medicine, your weapons will become defunct and empty...

I'm not very into looting or crafting and consider Saints and Sinners borderline a masterpiece. Easy 9/10. Its rough edges are worth it.

Did you play long? I know some people who only played for 30-60 minutes, didn't "get" it, and quit. You only really "get" the game after a couple of hours and it's glorious. So immersive and an incredible adventure.
Like an hour I think. I got it. I just didn't like it I don't like that type of game. Looting and crafting being necessary to survival isn't a positive to me. It's a negative. Too much shit to think about lots of inventory management. On top of that being on a timer made me uncomfortable playing since I felt punished for taking my time exploring. I played it long enough to understand it's not the kind of game I like.

I should also point out that I get very.....what's the word....overwhelmed when I'm presented with lots of choice and things to think about. Even early on it was very apparent this was an open survival game with a number of systems and things to think about at any one time.

I should be clear I'm not dissing the game or saying it isn't well made. It's just not the kind of thing I'm in to.

Last edited:

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I got the plat earlier this week. Top 5 PSVR game.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I saw there was a patch? Did it do anything noteworthy?

I wanna jump back in and do some of the challenges but I am gonna wait until I have better load times, even if it means waiting to play on ps5

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
Picked this up today. I can't even pick up Starks glasses in the living room after the tutorial mission. I feel so dumb. Genuinely restarted the mission 3 times, speak to Pepper, find the glasses then not a foggy how to pick them up.
Well, shall try again tomorrow

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing this yesterday. Got up to Chapter 3. Would've gotten further but I got stuck on the basketball mini-game. God damn it. I usually have very little issue with the "inaccuracy" of the PS Moves in comparison to the PC counterparts, but this mini-game. This FUCKING mini-game. I raged. Good thing the balls were virtual, otherwise I think a couple of windows would've been broken, lol.

But yeah, this was so annoying because the exact same motion sometimes barely threw the basketballs, sometimes they flew off my hand at the speed of light. So many 7 score tries and then I just ran out of time because the physics started acting out. >_<

Oh well, got THAT trophy out of the way. Will continue this at some point, when I next visit my big brother (don't have PSVR set myself).

Picked this up today. I can't even pick up Starks glasses in the living room after the tutorial mission. I feel so dumb. Genuinely restarted the mission 3 times, speak to Pepper, find the glasses then not a foggy how to pick them up.
Well, shall try again tomorrow
Ummm.. you just push your hand towards them and then press the trigger putton to grasp them. EDIT: Oh, yeah, and then you have to unfold both of the arms of the spectacles and push them toward your head to put them on.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Tried it last night, went through chapter 1 and the games feels AMAZING! It also hits the PSVR limitations. The camera lost track of my PS Moves a couple of times which gets frustrating, especially when you're used to the wireless Oculus Quest. Also, the loading times are jarring. But the action is amazing and it genuinely feels LIKE Iron Man. The banter is great, it's excessively over the top, and the RDJ impersonation is top notch. So far, I really like it! Definitely up there with WipEout, Astro Bot and Resident Evil VII!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Ah bloody hell I only started playing monday because amazon shipped it late Thursday didn't deliver Friday so had to wait until Monday for the post. Guess I miss out : (
Dang I missed out to because of the same thing with Amazon. Really? Is this different then the suit you got for playing the demo?
Not sure if y'all have seen this floating around, but the PSVR reddit says that if you set your PS4 clock back to early July you're able to unlock the suit.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I finished the game last night and here is my mini review. First of all, the game is fun. Flying and shooting are great and although it took awhile for it to click for me—all of a sudden—I was flying, dodging, shooting and ground punching in rapid succession and I finally felt like Iron Man. There is no feeling like flying over a Helicarrier and reaching the edge and seeing the landscape far below and the butterflies that tickle your stomach.

The worst part of this game are the loading times... they are frequent and long. And with nothing to occupy you while you wait because you can't look at your phone, they get quite annoying. I'm hoping that playing this on the PS5 will fix that issue.

The other part I don't like is that they reuse locations. There are 12 chapters, you'd think we could get at least 11 different locations to fight in. Oh well.

There is one bonus mission I haven't done yet because it automatically bumps the difficulty up to Invincible and I'm not quite ready for that, but I'll let you know how that goes.

**And spoilers below:**
**You've been warned:**
**Look away now:**

I REALLY want some DLC or a sequel
with co-op between Iron Man and Rescue.
I really, REALLY want this now. Do it, Camouflage.

**End spoilers:**

**My rating: 237 drones destroyed out of 250**

Oct 28, 2017
Up to chapter 4. Yeah this game is perhaps the ultimate example of why we need PSVR2 asap. It's a game that should be amazing and sometimes it is, but it's also so often an exercise in frustration because of the limitations of the PSVR and moves.

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
I loved flying around and fighting as Iron Man. Felt nearly perfect.

I did not love
- the long loading times
- the parts where I'm not flying and fighting (and just doing Stark stuff)
- the suit "tinkering" (just clicking on menus and I had everything I wanted unlocked pretty quick with no reason to go farther)
- the move controllers (they are not well suited to the intuitive types of things I want to do with my hands as Iron Man)
- the wire attached to my head (they did a great job somehow letting me play without the turn button, totally incredible, but then I end up with a super twisted and tangled wire)

I would go absolutely mad for Quest version of this.

Menaged

Oct 29, 2017
I'm fine with moves and psvr, but the loading times are killing the game.

I'm up to chapter 3 and I've barely played due to a combination of ridiculous loading times coupled with Tony sections.

Oct 28, 2017
Been having a much better time with the game since I decided to play using the turn buttons instead of 360 movement. PSVR's tracking just....doesn't work for the combat when not facing the camera. My body blocks what PSVR can see and it screws things up. It works for flying, but just doesn't for combat. The game is too fast paced even the slightest bit of losing track of my arms screws it all up.

But yeah since I decided to stop fighting it and just use the turn buttons the combat has been much smoother. For flight challenges I stick with full turning in real life though.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
New update

www.ign.com

Iron Man VR Free Update Adds New Game Plus, New Weapons - IGN

Iron Man VR has received a new free update that adds a New Game+ mode, new weapons and challenges, improved load times, and much more.

New Game Plus, faster load times, new weapons, new challenges, new armor, higher difficulty

Saw that, time to replay it on ultimate, also new trophy for NG+ and add difficulty !

On a SSD, loading are WAY more managable, even more after the update.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Got my copy today and really liked what I played so far. I am tired of Marvel stuff but the dialogue in this is actually pretty amusing. Still getting used to the controls and all but it's lots of fun. Way more than Megatron Rainfall which I genuinely didn't like at all. Production value seems kinda high as well for a VR game (low standards, I know). But yeah, coming from PCVR the technical limitations are even more obvious. Hideous textures, poor image quality (aliasing) and I really don't know what's up with all the loading. And why is this game almost 60GB on my HDD? Blood and Truth felt way more optimized, beautiful and spectacular and is only 40GB. Well, still looking forward to play more.